Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 04:45 PM
911seeker
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
There was a eBay 2013 4S that just 'sold' a few days ago for $70K (although with ebay, a huge number of closed auctions never really transact.) It was a decent enough looking car, somewhat higher miles, but the short answer is yes, the low end of the 4S market dips down to the $70's!

Apparently someone snapped a 2013 CPO'd C$S for around 78 recently...

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/982469-cpo-2013-4s.html
Old 03-29-2017, 04:45 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,832 Likes on 1,516 Posts

Originally Posted by WGJP 993
It does have PSE. It's been listed for over 5 months. Pretty clean car, owned by a retired guy...has been very firm on his price (though finally lowered it slightly recently).
My best guess is that the customized tube amps and processor up front are turning off enthusiasts.
I think it's the "Leather key fob not included" that is the deal breaker for most... Is he keeping the $50 nitrogen tire fill as well?
Old 03-29-2017, 05:13 PM
banz
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Congrats!! Is it home yet??
Yes, I flew down and picked it up pretty much right after I read your post about it. Will post the deets in that alumni thread.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:14 PM
997xpress
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks everyone
Old 03-29-2017, 05:18 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 698 Likes on 317 Posts

Very strange build to go with the very sporty SPASM & PDCC options and forget to tick the Sport Chrono box?? Maybe it was a clueless sales associate who told the buyer 'Sport Chrono is only a timer on the dash..."

Styling wise, the mahogany trim is really awful in my opinion, but you could fix it fairly easily with a steering wheel swap (sport design with paddles! ) and a good carbon fiber vinyl film application to the rest, or get painted parts from bumperplugs.

The Anthracite Brown exterior isn't my favorite, but wouldn't be a deal breaker either. Nor the light interior, at least it's full leather.

Really the only thing that screws this car without a fix is the PDK with no sport chrono...
Not Sport PASM and PDCC but rather Sport PASM and PCCBs!

That makes it even more surprising with no SC!

I am in full agreement with you - I am not a fan of the wood interior or even the exterior color. I suppose someone that loves earth tones and likes this build might be happy with this car. I am not that person, though...
Old 03-29-2017, 05:42 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hurricane
Not Sport PASM and PDCC but rather Sport PASM and PCCBs!

That makes it even more surprising with no SC!

I am in full agreement with you - I am not a fan of the wood interior or even the exterior color. I suppose someone that loves earth tones and likes this build might be happy with this car. I am not that person, though...
Yup, a typo. Meant the expensive pccb brakes, not pdcc! Who in their right mind names one feature PCCB and the other PDCC?? Too many octoberfests?
Old 03-29-2017, 05:55 PM
Neebs
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys looking into a 2013 C4S with options i want (however, in a color I don't want). I was able to pull the build sheet. Asking price is appealing. Vin: WP0AB2A96DS121973

Looking at carfax, it is a 2 owner car. Seems like first owner leased it for 1 yr 4 mos (weird) and then the car was auctioned before being sold to 2nd owner. Is an auction a red flag? Should i run away from the car?

Carfax here: https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...AB2A96DS121973

To make matters even more dicey, the "S" in the 911 Carrera 4S designation on the back is completely out of place. Thoughts? Worth investigating or should I pass?
Old 03-29-2017, 06:13 PM
smbryan
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 997xpress
Thanks - wondering if 4S's can be had in the low to mid 70's yet.
Yes but with mileage in the 30k range
Old 03-29-2017, 06:28 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 698 Likes on 317 Posts

Yup, a typo. Meant the expensive pccb brakes, not pdcc! Who in their right mind names one feature PCCB and the other PDCC?? Too many octoberfests?
Lol!
Old 03-29-2017, 07:29 PM
WGJP 993
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

I think it's the "Leather key fob not included" that is the deal breaker for most... Is he keeping the $50 nitrogen tire fill as well?
Yeah, I'm with you on that one! That struck me as very odd when I first saw the ad, but it fits....
Old 03-29-2017, 07:42 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Neebs
Guys looking into a 2013 C4S with options i want (however, in a color I don't want). I was able to pull the build sheet. Asking price is appealing. Vin: WP0AB2A96DS121973

Looking at carfax, it is a 2 owner car. Seems like first owner leased it for 1 yr 4 mos (weird) and then the car was auctioned before being sold to 2nd owner. Is an auction a red flag? Should i run away from the car?

Carfax here: https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...AB2A96DS121973

To make matters even more dicey, the "S" in the 911 Carrera 4S designation on the back is completely out of place. Thoughts? Worth investigating or should I pass?
Vin shows it as a 4S, so not sure what the bad badging might mean... Could mean paint/body work, could mean he had it de-badged and put them back on (poorly) for sale. Could be it was accident damaged but never reported to carfax.

Kind of hard to comment on price as you don't tell us what it is....

Auctions aren't necessarily bad. Happens quite a bit. My first preference is to buy locally, privately, from original owner, but when your looking for a specific set of features that becomes pretty difficult. Very short initial ownership periods on these cars is also not uncommon.

----

Actually, it looks like it's a 2013 C4S, $75K ask, $128K original sticker, w/ 16K miles? Those numbers seem pretty good. And its a SPASM, paddle shift, Sport Chrono car (good options) with a supposedly clean carfax. I'd say if it got a spotless PPI it would be a nice pickup.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:49 PM
jett2835
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure if this has already been posted ~~

Private seller: Agate Grey - 2012 C2S w/ 8,700 miles
Asking $74,900 (recent price drop)

MSRP: $131,580.00 Interior: Carrera Red Leather

Comes w/ lots of options including SC, PSE, PDCC w/ PASM, and more (including PSP )

Looks like the owner currently has it wrapped in Matte White, so might be a dice roll on original paint + clear coat condition.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...ngId=444237893

Original Skin

Original Skin v2

Matte White Wrap

Matte White Wrap v2

Last edited by jett2835; 03-29-2017 at 07:50 PM. Reason: CS -> C2S
Old 03-29-2017, 08:08 PM
gg1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new here and hoping to purchase a 991 as my first Porsche, but we shall see how it goes. This thread is great! I have read over 100 pages just to try and get up to speed, but my apologies in advance if I post something already discussed. Here are two cars that I would look at if they were closer, but I will be honest, I would consider flying out there next week if they were still for sale. What do you think?

This car seems a little rough, but maybe they just can't take pictures very well? The interior color sure looks like an odd color, but maybe in person it would be better?

https://www.carmax.com/car/13696874

If this was close, I might just buy it today, but I have to plan to see it and so-on.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...modelCode1=911
Old 03-29-2017, 08:08 PM
Neebs
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vin shows it as a 4S, so not sure what the bad badging might mean... Could mean paint/body work, could mean he had it de-badged and put them back on (poorly) for sale. Could be it was accident damaged but never reported to carfax.

Kind of hard to comment on price as you don't tell us what it is....

Auctions aren't necessarily bad. Happens quite a bit. My first preference is to buy locally, privately, from original owner, but when your looking for a specific set of features that becomes pretty difficult. Very short initial ownership periods on these cars is also not uncommon.

----

Actually, it looks like it's a 2013 C4S, $75K ask, $128K original sticker, w/ 16K miles? Those numbers seem pretty good. And its a SPASM, paddle shift, Sport Chrono car (good options) with a supposedly clean carfax. I'd say if it got a spotless PPI it would be a nice pickup.
Correct on prices and mileage. SPASM, PSE, SC, paddle shift all must haves for me. Not particularly interested in Black and had a preference for C2S but price/options has me reconsidering both.

Spoke to dealer the car is at and they said they repainted rear bumper but botched up the badge. Said no accident (didn't expect him to say anything else). Coincidentally, will be in the area this weekend so will go check it out. At the end of the day, I think I will hold out for a c2s with right options in white or agate...
Old 03-29-2017, 08:22 PM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by gg1
I am new here and hoping to purchase a 991 as my first Porsche, but we shall see how it goes. This thread is great! I have read over 100 pages just to try and get up to speed, but my apologies in advance if I post something already discussed. Here are two cars that I would look at if they were closer, but I will be honest, I would consider flying out there next week if they were still for sale. What do you think?

This car seems a little rough, but maybe they just can't take pictures very well? The interior color sure looks like an odd color, but maybe in person it would be better?

https://www.carmax.com/car/13696874

If this was close, I might just buy it today, but I have to plan to see it and so-on.
This one has been floating around since October or so. It is obviously a bit beaten. I am mildly interested, too. It was in Las Vegas, then reserved and transferred to L.A. Obviously the person doing the transfer did not like what it looked like and it is back for sale (same price).

If you look at it and decide not to buy it for yourself, would you mind reporting back, maybe with better photos?

Platinum grey is a light grey, a bit like chalk. Picks up dirt easily and looks dirty with very little absolute dirt. The two-tone leather with the white dials probably looks great when not dirty.

Keep in mind that factory warranty is gone.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991