Old 09-23-2015, 04:24 PM
Daekwan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
Fun facts

The launch year for the 991.1 was year 2012.5

There are 997.2 and 991.1 models in 2012

The 2012.5 991's included the Carrera and Carrera S. Both coupes and cabs.

The 4S didn't come out until 2013.

The Aerokit package options were not available until 2013 as well.

PASM is standard on all S models which is 10mm lower than a base model Carrera.

Sport PASM is an option and lowers the car by an additional 10mm more than PASM.
Care to list some more fun facts like this? It is really helpful to a newbie like myself who's still having a hard time figure out what acronyms and options do what & what do they look like on the car. For example Sport PASM given an additional front rubber 'lip' correct? What are your most recommended options? Which ones to avoid?

From what I've seen the must have options on my dream 991 (preowned of course) would be C2S with PSE, PDK, PDCC, Sport Chrono, Bose, 14way, Sport wheel w/shifters, Smoking package, Glass Moonroof and 20" Carerra Classic wheel with painted center caps and the sport wheel. CPO is a must. I've heard many people on this forum say to avoid the the PSP option and stick with a classic color combo for best resale value. I'm hoping for a silver, gray, navy or white 991 with the black leather interior.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:47 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Daekwan
Care to list some more fun facts like this? It is really helpful to a newbie like myself who's still having a hard time figure out what acronyms and options do what & what do they look like on the car. For example Sport PASM given an additional front rubber 'lip' correct? What are your most recommended options? Which ones to avoid?

From what I've seen the must have options on my dream 991 (preowned of course) would be C2S with PSE, PDK, PDCC, Sport Chrono, Bose, 14way, Sport wheel w/shifters, Smoking package, Glass Moonroof and 20" Carerra Classic wheel with painted center caps and the sport wheel. CPO is a must. I've heard many people on this forum say to avoid the the PSP option and stick with a classic color combo for best resale value. I'm hoping for a silver, gray, navy or white 991 with the black leather interior.
Thanks for the message!

As far as spoiler lips go, the "sport" spoiler lip comes standard on Sport-PASM equipped 911's. It sticks out and is more aggressive. This is a replaceable piece of it gets scraped up. It is interchangeable with the stock spoiler and can be put in cars without Sport-PASM as well. As long as you have the standard bumper.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:59 PM
STG
Race Director

Default Hot for sale pick of the week!!

PDCC: Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control

An expensive option (around 3K), and not very common in many builds. I'd say 1 of every 50 cars I see?? Could be higher.

I wouldn't have it on your "wish list" or have it be a deal breaker. It's hard enough finding the more essential options. Throw this one in, and you're looking for a unicorn.

Would I take a used car with it? Sure. Would I order a new car with it? No

Some reading:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...carrera-s-pdcc

http://www.excellence-mag.com/of-not...l#.VgNJhiM8KnN

Last edited by STG; 09-23-2015 at 10:29 PM.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:11 PM
STG
Race Director

As far as other options?

Hard to make blanket statements on what are "necessities". There as so many different tastes and buyers of these cars.

Some notes ....

I would say that 14 way seats are the most common. The other two options being 4 ways and 18 ways.

As far as stereo, the Bose is the most common. The other options being the base stereo and top of the line Burmester.

Both the 14 ways and Bose are the middle of the road options and most common as mentioned. I personally have both and am happy with them. Would I take 18 ways and Burmester? Sure. Just icing on the cake but not deal breakers.

The PSE, Sport Chrono, PDK/Manual options are pure preference. These have been debated back and forth extensively on threads here.

Same goes with the coupe and cabriolets. I personally would never buy a cab, and other guys would never not buy one Totally personal preference. Same with color options..

Sunroofs? More cars with sunroofs than without!

As far as cars I post, I try and find good deals and unique builds. Ones that are more often than not CPO Porsche Dealer cars.

If anything, gives guys a good pulse on the market when doing their own searches.

Although, quite a few guys have pulled the trigger and bought many of the cars posted Smart guys!

Last edited by STG; 09-23-2015 at 11:53 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:10 AM
Alec Syme
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

PDCC: Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control

An expensive option (around 3K), and not very common in many builds. I'd say 1 of every 50 cars I see?? Could be higher.

I wouldn't have it on your "wish list" or have it be a deal breaker. It's hard enough finding the more essential options. Throw this one in, and you're looking for a unicorn.

Would I take a used car with it? Sure. Would I order a new car with it? No

Some reading:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...carrera-s-pdcc

http://www.excellence-mag.com/of-not...l#.VgNJhiM8KnN
I recently traded my Agate base cab for this Gaurds Red S cab via this awesome thread. Saw it here two weeks ago and grabbed it. It was too good of a deal. A lot more performance options beyond the S add ons.

One of which is PDCC. I love it. It's like magic. The ride is actually smoother most of time while just getting around, but really flattens out in hard cornering. Very noticeable to me. I love it. I say look for it.

My two cents. I'll post pictures in the next few days. So impressed with this car!

Alec
Old 09-24-2015, 12:27 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Alec Syme
I recently traded my Agate base cab for this Gaurds Red S cab via this awesome thread. Saw it here two weeks ago and grabbed it. It was too good of a deal. A lot more performance options beyond the S add ons.

One of which is PDCC. I love it. It's like magic. The ride is actually smoother most of time while just getting around, but really flattens out in hard cornering. Very noticeable to me. I love it. I say look for it.

My two cents. I'll post pictures in the next few days. So impressed with this car!

Alec
Looking forward to the pics! Congrats once again.

PDCC is a very worthy option. My point being, it's not very common. A lot of guys are looking and waiting for all the stars to align with their main "wants" and at a fair price. Definitely not an easy task. Throw PDCC in there, and you've really limiting yourself. I have a few guys that contact me that are having a hard time finding most of what they want.

Find a car that has it and it's definitely a bonus for most guys. Hope that makes sense.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:13 PM
buddalun
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

This is a wonderful thread, thank you STG991. I joined to learn about the 991, and this thread has made my life much easier!

I am interested in the following 991 C2S:
https://sunset.porschedealer.com/cer...08943/info.php

I feel it is priced high. Could I gain feedback from fellow members? Much appreciated.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:07 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 929 Likes on 551 Posts

I have PDCC and SPASM on my 991 C2S.

I was VERY skeptical on this option, but after spirited driving and a track day. It's a VERY nice to have option. It just severely limits your options for aftermarket suspension options.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:12 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Looking forward to the pics! Congrats once again.

PDCC is a very worthy option. My point being, it's not very common. A lot of guys are looking and waiting for all the stars to align with their main "wants" and at a fair price. Definitely not an easy task. Throw PDCC in there, and you've really limiting yourself. I have a few guys that contact me that are having a hard time finding most of what they want.

Find a car that has it and it's definitely a bonus for most guys. Hope that makes sense.
I have PDCC and I love it! One of the reasons I pulled the trigger on the one I found last year was that it was loaded with the options I wanted, including PDCC (it wasn't a deal breaker, though, but it did make the one I wound up buying more desirable to me). If I was spec'ing out a new 911S to order, I would include PDCC. For buying used, it would be a 'nice to have.'

I think you make excellent points about this! And I love this thread...even though I probably won't be looking for a replacement 991 for a long time lol...!
Old 09-25-2015, 10:23 PM
STG
Race Director

S L O W on the listing front this week as far as unique and stand out cars. Quite a few listings though, and prices holding pretty strong.

I know I've posted some great deals, but on average prices are holding steady.
Old 09-26-2015, 02:17 AM
mdkrp
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 66 Posts

Thanks for the nice executive summary STG991.
One of these days, I will do the smart thing and get a nice pre-owned one and save a few $$.
Old 09-26-2015, 02:28 AM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 929 Likes on 551 Posts

Seems like a pretty good price on a nicely spec'd car with low miles.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/5226593343.html

Old 09-26-2015, 09:30 AM
oalvarez
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

^ $74k....wow! almost shocking.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:17 AM
sandbar
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oalvarez
^ $74k....wow! almost shocking.
I'd say! I was pretty shocked when I saw that as well. Thought for sure it would have had 30k+ miles...but only 13k. Pretty darn good deal for someone looking into getting a used 991.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:26 AM
oalvarez
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

I've changed my tune....more like depressing. Oh my.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991