Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2023, 02:11 PM
RP4S911
Pro

Received 581 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by drdantheman1
Good catch, missed the carfax. Not sure what "Minor-to-Moderate" damage entails. I would have no issue with just minor damage, as long as I saw the car myself, outside, during the day.
Anything you see like that is 100% an accident.

There's a service Carfax offers to its already subscribed dealers that if you have a car that lists "Accident" they can have an inspector come out and verify all the panels and sections that have been repaired. It'll substitute with the info you usually see, and what dealers like is that it'll drop the "Accident" verbiage at the top and on websites that pull the info automatically. It's good sometimes because if it wasn't a real accident it'll reflect that on the inspection report "No damage detected".. but if it shows multiple panels and a minor/moderate that means it was a real hit with entire clips replaced. We used to get those inspectors out if we had an "accident" on a trade-in's carfax but couldn't find any paintwork. It would help remove that verbiage and also note that no damage was found. This happens if something was so minor it buffed out, or it was an incident with a police report that didn't involve an impact. Also, we've seen "Accidents" pop up by mistake when the car was parked for months. No service is perfect.

Edit: PS, there's no way for them to tell if an airbag did deploy and it was fixed (they don't scan the cars electronically, it's visual only), so they just take the info from the original Accident description that was previously there. They could have very well deployed during the accident, but no airbag light was on during their inspection later on when the dealer had this done. Buyer beware.

(I ran an exotic dealer for almost a decade, until recently, just before Covid)

You can see the front bumper doesn't line up perfectly with the fender corner at the headlight, and has some orange peel going into the fender near the wheel. The color is pretty close when looking at the front in the sun, I don't think an untrained eye will even catch it (but who knows in person). Also has an odd wear-through mark near the door sill that may have been from the accident. If it was, then there was a good amount of damage on that side leading to the undercarriage.

Last edited by RP4S911; 09-12-2023 at 02:32 PM.
The following 8 users liked this post by RP4S911:
Booth9999 (09-18-2023), Cur (09-15-2023), mwjackson92 (09-12-2023), pissedpuppy (09-20-2023), PorscheRob23 (12-30-2023), Region_Rat (11-28-2023), squidge (09-18-2023), Surj-993C2S (09-13-2023) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-13-2023, 04:29 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by RP4S911
Color combo is a love/hate, but the bad Carfax with the front end replaced isn't something you'd want when paying $90k.
I would swear the dealer ad stated "Clean Carfax"
Old 09-13-2023, 06:40 PM
Surj-993C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

PPI should also flag the actual damage/paintwork. I was almost duped by a local dealer until the PPI I had carried out showed evidence of repaint and damage - only when it was pointed out could I see it, but then you cant un-see it or un-know it.

Dealer wouldn't acknowledge, I walked away. Will never buy a car from them.
Old 09-18-2023, 04:54 AM
bobbymcbobby
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been looking to buy a 991.1 GT3- as the warranty is ending end of next year I feel like the price is something I can work with for a GT car- Anyone have experience in the Seattle area with this dealership and any notes on this car? I've been reading up throughout the forum but may be missing some things (so much to learn about the unreliability of the engine especially and possible options for when the warranty runs out)

https://www.parkplaceltd.com/vehicle...AC2A90FS183157
Old 09-18-2023, 10:50 AM
Brett_G
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts

Copied from another thread:

"Lots in this forum to read with some searching. The quick part is the following:

1) All engines (E, F, original G in 2016) are possibly impacted by the finger follower problem.

2) G6 replacement motors are thought to be better, but there is a debate whether the fix is a permanent one or whether the finger followers in those can fail as well.

3) PCNA has been very good about replacing motors under warranty.

4) It is possible to extend the warranties on these motors, I have one that goes through 2027 on my 2016 (original 10 year warranty expires in 2025).

My perspective, owning a 2016 with a G6 replacement? Hard to find any track car with a ten year warranty on the motor, or in my case a 12 year. If mine blows after 2027, I'll put in a 4.0 RS motor.

Cost to replace outside of warranty is probably $40k to $50k. And, I'd also expect the market to develop a "fix" as these 10 year warranties expire, Dundon has one about 80% engineered now."
Old 09-18-2023, 12:05 PM
itogliano
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bobbymcbobby
Been looking to buy a 991.1 GT3- as the warranty is ending end of next year I feel like the price is something I can work with for a GT car- Anyone have experience in the Seattle area with this dealership and any notes on this car? I've been reading up throughout the forum but may be missing some things (so much to learn about the unreliability of the engine especially and possible options for when the warranty runs out)

No comments on the car but I had an excellent experience with Park Place when buying a DB11. Car was still in transit so they took a deposit and were extremely communicative throughout the process when prepping the car. Swapped the tires from the OEM 007 Bridgestones (yes, haha) to Cup 2's and repainted the brake calipers to a different colour at no extra charge. Matthew Carrick (not positive on spelling) was the salesman/point of contact I worked with
The following users liked this post:
bobbymcbobby (09-18-2023)
Old 09-18-2023, 12:51 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by bobbymcbobby

I wonder how they will take a hit price-wise after Dec 2024 when the warranty runs out. It's an unknown. This example you are looking at looks really nice. Dig the steering wheel.
Old 09-18-2023, 03:54 PM
bobbymcbobby
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
I wonder how they will take a hit price-wise after Dec 2024 when the warranty runs out. It's an unknown. This example you are looking at looks really nice. Dig the steering wheel.
I missed that on the carfax it has "moderate accident" so now that's out haha, been looking at too many of these cars and getting confused. To be honest I thought the price would go down as it gets closer to the warranty expiration date on these cars but looking at the trend of sold cars, since 2021 they've been going up which is a bit confusing to me
Old 09-18-2023, 04:44 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 1,991 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by neurotic
Looking for a 991.1 targa GTS. Must haves: manual and PCCB. No story car please.

PM me

cheers.
If you find manual targa but no PCCB, do let me know

wife is looking for a .1 Targa Manual..
Old 09-19-2023, 05:32 PM
yosshaa
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by RP4S911
Anything you see like that is 100% an accident.

There's a service Carfax offers to its already subscribed dealers that if you have a car that lists "Accident" they can have an inspector come out and verify all the panels and sections that have been repaired. It'll substitute with the info you usually see, and what dealers like is that it'll drop the "Accident" verbiage at the top and on websites that pull the info automatically. It's good sometimes because if it wasn't a real accident it'll reflect that on the inspection report "No damage detected".. but if it shows multiple panels and a minor/moderate that means it was a real hit with entire clips replaced. We used to get those inspectors out if we had an "accident" on a trade-in's carfax but couldn't find any paintwork. It would help remove that verbiage and also note that no damage was found. This happens if something was so minor it buffed out, or it was an incident with a police report that didn't involve an impact. Also, we've seen "Accidents" pop up by mistake when the car was parked for months. No service is perfect.

Edit: PS, there's no way for them to tell if an airbag did deploy and it was fixed (they don't scan the cars electronically, it's visual only), so they just take the info from the original Accident description that was previously there. They could have very well deployed during the accident, but no airbag light was on during their inspection later on when the dealer had this done. Buyer beware.

(I ran an exotic dealer for almost a decade, until recently, just before Covid)

You can see the front bumper doesn't line up perfectly with the fender corner at the headlight, and has some orange peel going into the fender near the wheel. The color is pretty close when looking at the front in the sun, I don't think an untrained eye will even catch it (but who knows in person). Also has an odd wear-through mark near the door sill that may have been from the accident. If it was, then there was a good amount of damage on that side leading to the undercarriage.

i too have them rub, i don't think its accident relate fwiw
Old 09-19-2023, 06:30 PM
xpensivewino
Pro

Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts

Hello,
I’m looking for a clean 991.1 S coupe in the $60-$70k range. Please PM me with any solid leads. Thanks
Old 09-22-2023, 11:19 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

A bit on the fence about selling - but if a good home for it pops up I could be swayed to sell. email if interested - cwalrod@sbcglobal.net

Old 09-22-2023, 12:27 PM
itogliano
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by chris walrod
A bit on the fence about selling - but if a good home for it pops up I could be swayed to sell. email if interested - cwalrod@sbcglobal.net

Love the colour. Can you provide some details? Specs, mileage, history, vin, etc

Last edited by itogliano; 09-22-2023 at 12:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Booth9999 (09-22-2023)
Old 09-22-2023, 04:06 PM
xpensivewino
Pro

Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts

Thanks Chris, I sent you a PM and email.
Old 09-22-2023, 07:35 PM
mrhebert
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 48 Posts

Mine has the same rub mark on the door gasket. I think it's from a door not fitting correctly.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991