Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2022, 12:46 PM
Neebs
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cuda911
^^^ Sounds like a good price, assuming you can verify the carfax issue and find out the level of damage/repair.
Originally Posted by cmorales954
Depending on the accident, that's not a bad price. Hard to find them much under 80k with those specs.
Thanks. Car was certified after minor damage and then sold to next owner. Story he got is owner backed into something and bumper was replaced. A PPI probably is warranted as well DME, but if they check out, feels like a good price in this market
The following users liked this post:
midwstCostofLivg (07-08-2022)
Old 07-08-2022, 06:21 PM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 845 Likes on 442 Posts

https://www.momentumporsche.com/cert...39a16c01a2.htm

another good spec cpo 991.2 c2s with decent miles&asking price
Old 07-08-2022, 06:24 PM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

not HFS but if you are looking for a low mile enthusiast spec .1 gts manual this is it

https://www.porschebend.com/inventor...ab2a98fs125087
Old 07-09-2022, 07:56 AM
Slamminc6
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Yc911Kid
not HFS but if you are looking for a low mile enthusiast spec .1 gts manual this is it

seen that one and has a lot of rock chips on front.
Old 07-11-2022, 04:27 PM
midwstCostofLivg
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Yc911Kid

Wow. Surely there is no way they are getting $135k for a 2015 GTS. It doesn't even have upgraded seats.
Old 07-12-2022, 11:05 AM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 1,991 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by midwstCostofLivg
Wow. Surely there is no way they are getting $135k for a 2015 GTS. It doesn't even have upgraded seats.
For what its worth, I just received an independent Appraisal for my 2016 GTS Manual with 34K miles (for Insurance purposes) and car was appraised at $131,800.00. Same car was appraised at $118K in Feb 2022

Although some car values are leveling, some others continue to rise..
Old 07-12-2022, 11:36 AM
mic_crispy
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 163 Posts

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I'm toying with the idea selling my 991.1 C2S 7MT as I have my eyes on a Turbo(or GT3) and wanted to get a temp check on the price.

Its a 2012.5, White with full black leather interior. Sport Chrono, SPASM, etc.
44k Miles, car is 9/10, very very clean, no accidents.

I have a good amount of mods, and i know ill make more parting it out, but was thinking of trying as is before returning to stock.
So my thought was 100k w/ mods, or 85k put back to stock.

What do you guys think?

Wheels:
  • Forgeline 3 piece Wheels
Brakes:
  • ESSEX / AP Racing Rotors with GT3 Pads
Suspension:
  • Bilstein B16
  • DSC Tuner
  • PowerGrid Adjustable Drop Links
  • Elephant Top mounts (Offset Camber Plates)
  • Elephant Bumpsteer kit
  • Corner Balanced (3159lbs)
Engine:
  • AWE Switch Path
  • Soul Cats
  • IDP Plenum
  • Filters
  • FVD Custom Tune
Exterior
  • OEM LED side markers
  • OEM GTS rear grill
  • OEM Black rear badge with 'Carrera S' delete
  • Full PPF (Bumper, Hood, Fenders, Mirrors)
  • Cquartz Coating
  • Tint (light blue)
Transmission
  • Numeric Shifter
  • Numeric Cables
  • Function First shift ****
  • Function First Transmission Insert
  • Function First transmission mount (soft)
Interior
  • Sport Design Wheel

Last edited by mic_crispy; 07-12-2022 at 01:02 PM.
Wing Commander (07-12-2022)
Old 07-12-2022, 12:52 PM
noahabel
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by mic_crispy
Suspension:
  • Bilstein B16
  • DSC Tuner
  • PowerGrid Adjustable Drop Links
  • Elephant Top mounts
  • Elephant Bumpsteer kit
  • Corner Balanced (3159lbs)
Not to derail your question, but can you tell us more about this suspension setup; how does it compare to stock? How is it on city streets?

Great looking car! I'm guessing you'll see the best profit returning as much as you can to stock. You're only narrowing your potential customer base with each mod. Then again, being a manual you're already a bit of a unicorn. Could work out, worth a shot to see if you can get your price.
Old 07-12-2022, 01:01 PM
mic_crispy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by noahabel
Not to derail your question, but can you tell us more about this suspension setup; how does it compare to stock? How is it on city streets?

Great looking car! I'm guessing you'll see the best profit returning as much as you can to stock. You're only narrowing your potential customer base with each mod. Then again, being a manual you're already a bit of a unicorn. Could work out, worth a shot to see if you can get your price.
No problem. The changes to the suspension were absolutely transformative. I love the 991 platform, but perhaps my biggest complaint was that it was a little to "Grand Touring" or refined at times. Since im not running around at double digits all the time, i wanted to try and dial in some more feel to the car and honestly just make it more aggressive. My goal was to replicate a GT3 in terms of "rawness" and feedback which i think was largely achieved. Turn in is far far better (likely thanks to the offset camber plates) and the car way more go-kart like than stock. Very very fun to bomb around town in without getting into trouble.

With this, I'm able to enjoy the lower speeds more as it communicates better and has a harder edge.
With the DSC, I ended up going with a custom map.. basically comfort is FULL soft and sport and almost full stiff. I like having two distinct modes depending on the road.

noahabel (07-12-2022)
Old 07-12-2022, 01:09 PM
mic_crispy
Rennlist Member

Link to parts if you're curious. Well worth the upgrade.
  1. Elephant Offset Camber Plates
  2. Elephant Bumpsteer Outer Tie Rod Ends
  3. PowerGrid Swaybar End Links (Front and Rear)
  4. Bilstein B16 Damptronic System
  5. DSC Tuner

The transmission mount insert and numeric shifter/cables was a huge upgrade as well and would never own another 991 without them.
noahabel (07-12-2022)
Old 07-12-2022, 01:49 PM
noahabel
Rennlist Member

No problem. The changes to the suspension were absolutely transformative. I love the 991 platform, but perhaps my biggest complaint was that it was a little to "Grand Touring" or refined at times. Since im not running around at double digits all the time, i wanted to try and dial in some more feel to the car and honestly just make it more aggressive. My goal was to replicate a GT3 in terms of "rawness" and feedback which i think was largely achieved. Turn in is far far better (likely thanks to the offset camber plates) and the car way more go-kart like than stock. Very very fun to bomb around town in without getting into trouble.

With this, I'm able to enjoy the lower speeds more as it communicates better and has a harder edge.
With the DSC, I ended up going with a custom map.. basically comfort is FULL soft and sport and almost full stiff. I like having two distinct modes depending on the road.
Love it, and I feel the same. I have a C4S so I know it has a bit of a disadvantage when it comes to front end feel and lightness, but I honestly was hoping for a little more responsiveness before owning this, my first 911. I also have Power Steering Plus, something I'd consider programming out.

Did you consider upgraded sway bars too? I know Elephant seems to pitch those as a first step in a suspension improvement path.

Overall I'm guessing I have much rougher streets than you to contend with so I'm pretty torn on how to proceed. I have the DSC as well, and love the idea of broadening the gap between normal and sport. How did you get the custom map?
Old 07-12-2022, 01:53 PM
mic_crispy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by noahabel
Love it, and I feel the same. I have a C4S so I know it has a bit of a disadvantage when it comes to front end feel and lightness, but I honestly was hoping for a little more responsiveness before owning this, my first 911. I also have Power Steering Plus, something I'd consider programming out.

Did you consider upgraded sway bars too? I know Elephant seems to pitch those as a first step in a suspension improvement path.

Overall I'm guessing I have much rougher streets than you to contend with so I'm pretty torn on how to proceed. I have the DSC as well, and love the idea of broadening the gap between normal and sport. How did you get the custom map?
You just reminded me, I coded out power steering plus as well. Gives the car a much tighter / natural feel below 30(?) MPH.
Dealer did it for $50? or so.

I think i would consider swaybars as well, but wanted to try the end links first to adjust out preload.
Just didnt get around to them... if i keep it, i might consider it but to be honest, and the car is prefect right now.

I had a DSC make me a slightly altered map given some feedback from my mods, and then i went into the desktop app and further adjusted it so have two very distinct modes.

Last edited by mic_crispy; 07-12-2022 at 01:54 PM.
noahabel (07-12-2022)
Old 07-12-2022, 02:26 PM
noahabel
Rennlist Member

You just reminded me, I coded out power steering plus as well. Gives the car a much tighter / natural feel below 30(?) MPH.
Dealer did it for $50? or so.

I think i would consider swaybars as well, but wanted to try the end links first to adjust out preload.
Just didnt get around to them... if i keep it, i might consider it but to be honest, and the car is prefect right now.

I had a DSC make me a slightly altered map given some feedback from my mods, and then i went into the desktop app and further adjusted it so have two very distinct modes.
Awesome, I love how helpful they are about helping customers.

Thanks for the feedback. Wish you were closer, I'd love to see how your car feels with those mods. GLWS!
Old 07-13-2022, 02:11 AM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by midwstCostofLivg
well it's like sun roof, one more box ticked doesn't mean it's an upgrade for certain build
Old 07-13-2022, 12:48 PM
CTDan
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 71 Posts

I don't know if this is HFS or not, but it's blue and low mileage.

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/ct...508044568.html

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991