HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 08:19 AM
Cajun Martyni
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by nv6425
Wow, congrats! Great color combo!
X2. I really like the color combo!! Great build and price too.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:34 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by RoWa
Hands off I bought her already !!
Nice job!! Fill us in on your story please. Great find
Old 04-21-2016, 09:28 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Very nice buy.

Did you get a CPO?

GL.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:05 AM
STG
Race Director

First Quarter 2016 worldwide sales for Porsche (PAG) breaks record.

Macan and Asian countries reign supreme.

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/comp...ase-12432.html

Thought might be of interest to the followers here. I like following the business aspect of the brand too.
Old 04-21-2016, 11:33 AM
911seeker
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats!

A great example that with a taste for the "less common" color combos and some tolerance for higher mileages great deals can be had.

Did she finally get CPO'd?

Best
Old 04-21-2016, 12:24 PM
JoshuaKM1
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

STG I'll be interested to see what Porsche does to the redesign of the Cayenne. This used to be Porsche's flagship SUV and now the Cayenne's little baby brother has stolen the show!
Old 04-21-2016, 12:34 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by JoshuaKM1
STG I'll be interested to see what Porsche does to the redesign of the Cayenne. This used to be Porsche's flagship SUV and now the Cayenne's little baby brother has stolen the show!
Cayenne: New generation redesign due in 2018. Still doing well, but priced quite a bit higher than the competition. The Macan has just added to the Porsche lineup for the CUV segment. Taken the number one spot as well.

Competition in the CUV/SUV segment is fierce. Many options to choose from. On the other hand, models like the 911 have their own small niche that don't have as many direct competitors. Easy to charge somewhat of a premium there.

Overall, Porsche is selling ALOT more cars. In the next 10 years, you will see a lot more models added to the line up. They have big plans. I suppose at the point they're at, they need the diversification to sustain growth. The sports car market isn't that huge. All depends on your growth objectives. At the end of the day, it should help the sports car line as well I hope. Would be nice to start pumping out more GT cars too.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:37 PM
Kennethjk
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All Porsche's are priced higher than the competition, Macan included. They charge a premium on everything not just the sport car. At least from what I can tell.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:38 PM
RoWa
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 911seeker
Congrats!

A great example that with a taste for the "less common" color combos and some tolerance for higher mileages great deals can be had.

Did she finally get CPO'd?

Best
Yes, CPO'ed through 2019; found on Autotrader; Mark at South Shore Porsche is great to work with.

This has a single prior owner (local MD) who buys new every 2 years. This is his 6th car from Mark. This was prior owner's DD and so has some miles on the clock and a few bodywork imperfections, notably on the driver's door It's in the bodyshop now having that seen to; also had rear brakes, rotors and tires replaced (although has not been tracked). I'm in CA, so doing this remotely and keeping my fingers firmly crossed that she'll look as good in the flesh as she does in the photos.

I've been lurking here for a while. Thanks to all of you for making this a great thread; really useful for people less knowledgeable to get up to speed on what to look for and how much is reasonable to pay.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:41 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Kennethjk
All Porsche's are priced higher than the competition, Macan included. They charge a premium on everything not just the sport car. At least from what I can tell.
Correct. To be honest with you, it's justified most of the time. The quality and finish are much better. In its segment, I believe the Macan can't be beat. The thing is, shoppers in those segments are more price conscious. I also hear Porsche's margins on those models aren't as high as the sports cars too.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:45 PM
STG
Race Director

Yes, CPO'ed through 2019.

I've been lurking here for a while. Thanks to all of you for making this a great thread; really useful for people less knowledgeable to get up to speed on what to look for and how much is reasonable to pay.
Great job and congrats!

Glad to hear you've found this thread useful. Please let us know your impressions when you get it
Old 04-21-2016, 12:49 PM
Kennethjk
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
Correct. To be honest with you, it's justified most of the time. The quality and finish are much better. In its segment, I believe the Macan can't be beat. The thing is, shoppers in those segments are more price conscious. I also hear Porsche's margins on those models aren't as high as the sports cars.
I have a Macan and an X3 and there is no comparison. Macan beats it by a mile and worth the up charge. Better feel and so much more fun to drive.

I've had a couple of MB SL's (I know it's a different type of car)and the 911 is so much more fun. I can't believe I waited so long to get one, although the old ones were too harsh for me.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:54 PM
STG
Race Director

Porsche designs great models. No doubt. Not to mention, they're worth more at resale. You only lose deprecation $$.

Let's get back to the 991 listings. Don't want a revolt here. Any new listings you've run across guys??
Old 04-21-2016, 02:06 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Regarding unusual color combinations - do colors like Sapphire Blue (also my favorite), Amaranth Red, and Ruby Red get discounted because they're "unusual?"
Old 04-21-2016, 02:17 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 323 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
Drunk with power over the page views and thread rank??? Hmmmmm... Now we get to the bottom of your anger and/or jealousy.

I wish my life was so devoid of accomplishments that I needed this thread as a confidence booster. There is a difference between arrogance and pride.

I'm proud of this thread, not for myself, but for ALL the followers, contributors, and guys who found their dream car. We're all in this together and it's a joint effort. New threads get started daily, and usually off the first page forever. There's a reason why this one has become popular. This thread has helped ALOT of guys save money, make good buying decisions, and helped avoid BAD buys.

We've never had drama here, so I'm not letting this spoil the fun here. Hey, it probably added like 1K views

I'll go find a hot deal now and dedicate it to Vise.

Later guys
Hahah... all good, whatever helps you sleep at night man. As a counterpoint are all the PM's I got from other RL forum members agreeing with my thoughts, not worth the trouble to stir that pot though. I'm not the forum police either but be aware that several RL members find your approach/style off-putting and frankly detrimental to this community. It really is great that you're helping people find their dream car but perhaps also stop to consider how you're being perceived by others for once as well?

As a service to this community I'd again suggest you tone down the rhetoric, outbursts, and frankly obsessive behaviour. Another mention of thread views above proves my point... seriously who the hell cares? For every person you're helping via a repost of Cars.com or Autotrader or shilling for a Porsche dealership I'm positive there are others wondering why they are getting yelled at/talked down to for discussing a 991.2 or pondering what sort of possible referral bonus/incentive you're getting for your efforts.

But by all means please feel free to lash out again with personal insults and random commentary. I'm sure many people are enjoying the show, myself included.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991