Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 09:58 PM
Paul007
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vivalaReagan
great thread; thx for sharing. i've learned a ton but haven't nearly made it through >1.7k posts. need a quick gut check from the experienced guys here:

i'm about to pull the trigger on a 2014 c2s, white with 9k miles, cpo. original msrp was ~$128k and the current ask is $90k. how much negotiating room do you think i have on this deal?

thanks in advance!
-6k, so $84k (maybe lower) My caveat being - just going by the msrp as not all cars are created equal, i.e. it depends to a certain degree on what options it has, some being more desirable than others!

Tell us more about the options - or just post the vin and someone will post the build sheet back here.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:14 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Surprised this beauty is still for sale!

https://midwestern.porschedealer.com...04857/info.php
Old 01-27-2016, 11:42 PM
dassArse
Racer

Received 328 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
Surprised this beauty is still for sale!

https://midwestern.porschedealer.com...04857/info.php
Local here. May flog it for free!
Old 01-27-2016, 11:46 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by dassArse
Nice!!

Ask them to CPO this thing too! Don't believe it is.

It's great, the "hot for sale" posse has most of this country covered
Old 01-28-2016, 12:05 AM
997xpress
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

great thread; thx for sharing. i've learned a ton but haven't nearly made it through >1.7k posts. need a quick gut check from the experienced guys here: i'm about to pull the trigger on a 2014 c2s, white with 9k miles, cpo. original msrp was ~$128k and the current ask is $90k. how much negotiating room do you think i have on this deal? thanks in advance!
This is really a great thread. Very valuable info and some outstanding deals.

I think they overproduced 991.1's and with the .2's coming shortly the deals are out there.

Also remember, these cars were greatly discounted when new 2 or so years ago. I leased a 2013 cab at the time for 11% off without too much effort.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:07 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by dassArse
Have you ever checked out Todd @ Esoteric in Columbus, OH??

Gosh, I wish I was close to some of these guys that do amazing work in different areas of car pampering and mods.

http://www.esotericdetail.com

This guy is top notch
Old 01-28-2016, 12:56 PM
vivalaReagan
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 16 Posts

thanks for the responses & insights! i'll keep you posted.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:48 PM
STG
Race Director

Hot for Sale ... Where you'll find the special ones. I know a lot of guys don't like brown, but I like this car! Nicely optioned and a nice package. Windows too dark? No big deal. A tint place can replace with a lighter shade or remove. The Sport Techno's are my favorite OEM wheels!

C4S = CPO = 16Kmiles = $40K off sticker = Score!

Call our friend John Wright @ Porsche North Houston to strike a deal (info below). They also own the St. Louis dealer. He's a friend of Hot for Sale and knows what we do here. Whatever your searching for, he's a great resource and an enthusiast as well. They ship cars all over the states everyday. He can get a car to you as easy as an Amazon.com delivery.

https://stlouis.porschedealer.com/pr...91070/info.php

Last edited by STG; 01-28-2016 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:37 PM
Delurker
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to admit it, but I'm liking that brown one.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:42 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Delurker
I hate to admit it, but I'm liking that brown one.
"De lurker", love the name! Welcome....

There was an Anthracite Brown one I posted months ago that was at the Porsche Exchange that was hott. Had the Aerokit Cup package. Didn't last long.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:46 PM
Delurker
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! Been lurking and watching this thread for a while now, patiently building up the equity in my current ride before I jump. By the time I do pull the trigger on my first Porsche (I almost traded for a 911 Targa many years ago and I've shopped a few times since), this thread will have been very helpful.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:44 PM
STG
Race Director

A little off topic entertainment to keep things interesting here.

Earl Bamber visits Porsche North Houston

Earl Bamber hot laps in a 918 in New Zealand

http://youtu.be/SHEXx_s3nEQ

Other good stuff .....

http://youtu.be/_7_MW_gX_G4

http://youtu.be/K-BGZs6wsH8

A talented guy at 25yrs old. Has a bright future.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Bamber
Old 01-29-2016, 12:01 AM
vivalaReagan
Instructor

found my unicorn & picking it up tomorrow afternoon! thx for the insight & advice; this thread was very helpful. ended up with a 2014 cpo with 8k miles at $89k (original msrp was $130k, $41k off!). i think i listed everything below but may have missed something. i will post pics later (not sure where to do that in this forum, in this thread, another thread, or do i start a new thread?). thx again, everyone!

White
Burmester High-End Surround Sound System
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) incl. PASM Sport Suspension
Sport Exhaust System
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
20" Carrera Classic Wheels
Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest
Sport Chrono Package
Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass
Multifunction steering wheel
Two-tone leather interior
Natural Leather Interior
Extended Interior Package, Dashboard Trim in Leather
Extended Interior Package, Door Panel in Leather
Aerokit Package
Premium Package Plus i.c.w. Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)
Porsche Entry & Drive
Auto-Dimming Mirrors
Light Design Package
Seat Heating
Seat Ventilation
Bi-Xenon™ headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
ParkAssist (front and rear)

Last edited by vivalaReagan; 01-29-2016 at 12:17 AM.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:12 AM
STG
Race Director

found my unicorn & picking it up tomorrow afternoon! thx for the insight & advice; this thread was very helpful. ended up with a 2014 cpo with 8k miles at $89k (original msrp was $130k, $41k off!). i think i listed everything below but may have missed something. i will post pics later (not sure where to do that in this forum, in this thread, another thread, or do i start a new thread?). thx again, everyone!
Wow. Nice job. What dealer? Give us some insight into how your purchase and search went. Would be helpful to others and info you could share. Is the car local to you? I'm trying to recall this car and it's not ringing a bell

An "official" intro thread on the main board after delivery would be nice.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:58 AM
vivalaReagan
Instructor

Originally Posted by STG991
Wow. Nice job. What dealer? Give us some insight into how your purchase and search went. Would be helpful to others and info you could share. Is the car local to you? I'm trying to recall this car and it's not ringing a bell

An "official" intro thread on the main board after delivery would be nice.
thx, stg991! i found it at a local dealer in tampa, fl. apologies in advance for the long post but you asked for it.

i didn't find my 911 in this thread but learned a ton, including the price range i should target. the purchase experience wasn't optimal but worked out in the end. earlier this week i had successfully negotiated a price on a 2013 c2. after test driving it, i conducted the negotiations via email. once we arrived at a mutually agreeable price, we agreed to meet the next day for me to sign and take delivery. when i arrived, i was sheepishly greeted by my sales rep & told that there had been a mistake & the car had been sold. naturally, i was frustrated and lost trust with the rep/dealer.

back at the office later that day, i called the sales manager to express my displeasure. he was sincerely apologetic and vowed to make it up to me. unfortunately, he didn't have another 911 on the lot that met my criteria. consequently, i visited a few other central fl dealers in person and via the web in search of the ideal 911 for me. a couple of days later (yesterday), the sales manager called me & informed me that he had just received a 2014 911 carrera S that wasn't for sale yet & he wanted to give me right of first refusal.

still frustrated and suspicious of doing business with this dealership, i visited another local dealership & test drove a 2013 carrera 4s. i wasn't enamored with it & convinced myself to visit the original dealership to check out the "right of first refusal" 911S. the sales manager ended up being a very sincere and straightforward guy who apologized profusely and reiterated his vow to make it right for me (a return customer who was undoubtedly mistreated). after a very brief negotiation involving the two of us reviewing similar cars at competing dealers, he took $6K off the car (it was being listed for $96k) and we eventually landed at $7k off (plus a swag bag of porsche goodies for my 13 year old son, who "helped' me negotiate).

all is well that ends well. i spent more than i originally intended but landed a much better car that truly excites me. this is my first porsche after decades of bmw m cars & sav's, and i am thrilled. my son is pretty excited, too, and will join me at the hour-long delivery/car introduction appointment (& to collect his swag bag).

i will follow your advice and post an official intro thread on the main board after delivery tomorrow afternoon. thx, again!

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991