Sponsored by:

Money2536's Farewell to the 991 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 04:50 PM
Money2536
Race Car

Received 228 Likes on 74 Posts
Default Money2536's Farewell to the 991 Forum

All, it's been quite a ride this past year with my 911 C2S. I ordered my X51 C2S last September after trading in my E92 M3. The dream of owning not only a 911, but a car perfectly built to my specifications. When I got the car I noticed a pretty nasty ding in the back of the car. After a few months, I got over it. All was great with my car.

Well, the dream turned into a nightmare. I started feeling what I thought was a vibration on the highway when I was in fifth through seventh gear. Then I started to identify it as more of a hesitation rather then a vibration. I further diagnosed it as more of a stumble from about 2,000ish to 4,000 RPMs. I thought I had bad gas, or the car was misfiring, or possibly a bad differential. I really didn't know.

That was when I found the dreaded "Hesitation/Stumble" Thread on 6speed. Others were describing exactly what was happening to my car.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...-2500-rpm.html

So I decided I would help start the crusade to figure out an undiagnosed problem. I went to two different dealerships, and they basically told me there was nothing they could do.

After careful consideration, I've decided rather than hating my car, stressing about trying to get Porsche to fix it, or some other solution that I would just trade the car.

I obviously didn't want to chance getting a C2S again, so I began the search to find a GT3. Today I made the trade.

I post these numbers to help others to understand what they may be facing if you decided to take the loss. I'm guessing a stumbling car is basically unsellable to a private party, so you'll have to trade it.

My C2S stickered at $134,575. I got it for about $126,000. I traded it today for $98,000. So I took a loss of $28,000 plus taxes/fees in a little over 8 months. Needless to say, I won't be making any more car changes/purchases anytime in the near future.

I'm sorry to those that have cars that are still having problem. I pray that Porsche comes up with a fix ASAP. The stress made me seriously consider my options. In the end, I decided my sanity is more important than my money.

Oh, and I got a GT3!!!!!!!!! Come on over to the 991 GT3 section for my next Journal. Thanks for all of the fun this community provides. This is a fantastic outlet for a car guy introvert like myself that is often misunderstood.

If anyone is interested, I need to sell my RSS 7mm & 15mm Spacers, AWE Switch Path with Diamond Black Tips, and Front Trunk Liner.

I need to take some better photos. These are not very good or accurate. I've been shooting white for so long, I forgot how to capture Blue. The Sapphire Blue is awesome in person. Stay tuned for updates.

Last edited by Money2536; 10-10-2014 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:58 PM
Cheekymonkeyman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love your posts... Sad to see you move out of the forum.... Glad you made a good trade... Looks gorgeous! All the best!
Old 10-10-2014, 05:10 PM
PDX991
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like a beautiful car! And you no longer have to worry about brake dust. Congratulations.

What options do you have on the GT3? It'll be interesting to see your comparisons with the C2S
Old 10-10-2014, 05:12 PM
rustish
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! Can't thank you enough for all the valuable information you've shared.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:14 PM
991999R
Rennlist Member

i have a feeling that the real reason lies in that you just wanted the PCCBs!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2014, 05:21 PM
Money2536
Race Car

Received 228 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by 991999R
i have a feeling that the real reason lies in that you just wanted the PCCBs!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2014, 05:32 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Very nice! Enjoy.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:44 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Love the color Matt! Congratulations
Old 10-10-2014, 05:52 PM
991999R
Rennlist Member

truthfully, based on your extensive history of mods and such, i was kind of wondering why you didn't have the gt3. its a stunner and if i lived in a place where the roads were similar to yours, i would be driving the same. GL and GB!
Old 10-10-2014, 05:54 PM
coxswain
Racer

Money2536,

Please post a comparison review of C2S and GT3 on this forum, after you've driven your new GT3 for a while. And please visit this forum from time to time. We've been really enjoying reading your posts.

And at last a non-white car! What a gorgeous color, this Sapphire Blue! Enjoy!
Old 10-10-2014, 06:03 PM
FrstPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Jealous! I need the bag seats for occasional kid pickups. If I can find a safe way to get some seats back there I'm all over one as well. Nice color although red ones are faster
Old 10-10-2014, 06:13 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default This is a serious issue that needs further investigation...

Originally Posted by Money2536
Well, the dream turned into a nightmare. I started feeling what I thought was a vibration on the highway when I was in fifth through seventh gear. Then I started to identify it as more of a hesitation rather then a vibration. I further diagnosed it as more of a stumble from about 2,000ish to 4,000 RPMs. I thought I had bad gas, or the car was misfiring, or possibly a bad differential. I really didn't know.

That was when I found the dreaded "Hesitation/Stumble" Thread on 6speed. Others were describing exactly what was happening to my car.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...-2500-rpm.html

So I decided I would help start the crusade to figure out an undiagnosed problem. I went to two different dealerships, and they basically told me there was nothing they could do.

After careful consideration, I've decided rather than hating my car, stressing about trying to get Porsche to fix it, or some other solution that I would just trade the car.
Well, I have mixed feelings about what you wrote above. Did you have an actual technical representative of PCNA take a look at your car?

The genie is out of the bottle now & you can't put it back in. Porsche and its 991 owners either have a serious problem in their hands...or they don't! And if there is fire to this smoke, some lawyer(s) and a class action suit will find its way right into the middle of it! That is the kind of litigious society we live in. So I don't think we can, or should, dismiss the problem and just happily/merrily follow you into the gt3 forum to continue to enjoy your descriptive & usually helpful posts! I think we need to discuss this problem here on this 991 forum and try to get some further clarity on the issue & how many others are affected by it. Plus what, if anything, is PAG & PCNA saying about it...even if it is to dispute that there is a problem at all!

Very concerned,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 10-10-2014, 07:40 PM
coxswain
Racer

Originally Posted by Z356
Well, I have mixed feelings about what you wrote above. Did you have an actual technical representative of PCNA take a look at your car?

The genie is out of the bottle now & you can't put it back in. Porsche and its 991 owners either have a serious problem in their hands...or they don't! And if there is fire to this smoke, some lawyer(s) and a class action suit will find its way right into the middle of it! That is the kind of litigious society we live in. So I don't think we can, or should, dismiss the problem and just happily/merrily follow you into the gt3 forum to continue to enjoy your descriptive & usually helpful posts! I think we need to discuss this problem here on this 991 forum and try to get some further clarity on the issue & how many others are affected by it. Plus what, if anything, is PAG & PCNA saying about it...even if it is to dispute that there is a problem at all!

Very concerned,
Eduardo
Carmel

This hesitation problem is a widely known issue. There are several threads and many discussions about this problem. My C4S does not have this problem. But I think this problem is quite prevalent. I hope Porsche will fix this problem with 991.2. If this problem recurs even with 991.2, then what--a class action suit?
Old 10-10-2014, 08:08 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Love that you kept the plate at least for now. It's the anti M badge on a 325.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:19 PM
gabfab
Intermediate

Money 2536 Just saw this post after posting on your comparo. What an awful experience! Hope you eventually get PCNA to make it up to you somehow.

Quick Reply: Money2536's Farewell to the 991 Forum