Sponsored by:

Money2536's Farewell to the 991 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 11:15 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by eg991
Congrats on the GT3, which is absolutely stunning!! The Sapphire Blue really pops, even in the pics. Can't wait to read your in depth review of the car, and especially your views on the PDK-S. Sure hope you have a totally problem and drama-free ownership experience with this beauty.
Me too my friend. I need to get more seat time in the car to start making comparisons, but it's pretty amazing out of the box.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:24 AM
Key Left
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Whether real or imagined PCNA could stand to learn something very important from your negative experience and fear of tackling the establishment/powers at be. Unfortunately, they well may read your trade up as that the C2S was underpowered or something and prompting you to seek more oomph.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:55 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Key Left
Whether real or imagined PCNA could stand to learn something very important from your negative experience and fear of tackling the establishment/powers at be. Unfortunately, they well may read your trade up as that the C2S was underpowered or something and prompting you to seek more oomph.
And the thing is, they'd be totally justified in thinking so. I mean, for nearly 8 months- Feb 19 to Oct 9- he had an extremely long and detailed thread going about his car that somehow, unless I missed it, never once in 27 pages mentioned any sort of throttle problem. In fact in his most recent post on Oct 9 comparing his Porsche to a BMW he gushed a full paragraph on the 911's amazing throttle response without ever once mentioning anything the least bit negative. "I wouldn't want to live" without it, he said.

But that was on October 9th. By October 10th the stress of the dreaded stumble had become too great, he didn't want to hate the car he couldn't imagine living without any more, and since "a stumbling car is basically unsellable to a private party" he is forced to trade it for a GT3. Or go insane. (I am not making this up- go read the posts.)

So yeah, PCNA could well stand to learn from what's going on. I'm not so sure however this is quite the case study they'd be likely to learn much from.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:49 AM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chuck911
And the thing is, they'd be totally justified in thinking so. I mean, for nearly 8 months- Feb 19 to Oct 9- he had an extremely long and detailed thread going about his car that somehow, unless I missed it, never once in 27 pages mentioned any sort of throttle problem. In fact in his most recent post on Oct 9 comparing his Porsche to a BMW he gushed a full paragraph on the 911's amazing throttle response without ever once mentioning anything the least bit negative. "I wouldn't want to live" without it, he said.

But that was on October 9th. By October 10th the stress of the dreaded stumble had become too great, he didn't want to hate the car he couldn't imagine living without any more, and since "a stumbling car is basically unsellable to a private party" he is forced to trade it for a GT3. Or go insane. (I am not making this up- go read the posts.)

So yeah, PCNA could well stand to learn from what's going on. I'm not so sure however this is quite the case study they'd be likely to learn much from.
I'm going to pretend you aren't calling me a liar.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:21 AM
draxa
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 10-16-2014, 09:47 AM
Duke I
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Money,

Though perhaps a bit indelicate, I do not believe Chuck was calling you a liar; he was simply addressing Key Left's speculation that PNA may not be motivated (learn from) by your experience because from their perspective they well may look at the situation and say to themselves, "Where's the problem? We sold this guy two cars in about in about 9 months. Whatever happened, it was not severe enough for him to trade away from the brand."

Thanks for your threads, they have been interesting and helpful.

Congrats on and good luck with the GT3, it's a beaut.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:05 AM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Money documented his issues with stumbling and attempts to have the dealerships solve the problem for him in the threads about stumbling pretty clearly. He also stated why he didn't mention it in the M3/991 C2S thread as well (it was bothering him enough to make him want to try to ignore it). Threads and comments about the lack of response from dealerships to those with stumbling engines are also plentiful.

Money was able to work out a solution by taking a loss on his 8 month old car and getting a new and better car. Although others might say that he should solve the problem for others, I think he is completely justified in finding a solution that works for him. A lot of us don't have the time to pursue a long and potentially difficult path to an uncertain solution.

Last edited by WCH BOS; 10-16-2014 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:45 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,404 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Matt, just ignore the troll. It's not worthy of your response. He doesn't even post on the 991 GT3 Forum, so that will be easy for you to do. He just likes posting on the 991 Forum but he's never driven one. Just posts about 'em.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:23 AM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LexVan
Matt, just ignore the troll. It's not worthy of your response. He doesn't even post on the 991 GT3 Forum, so that will be easy for you to do. He just likes posting on the 991 Forum but he's never driven one. Just posts about 'em.
I know. Chuck just likes to take to opposite side of things as sport. I'm trying ot not take the bait.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:14 PM
docmalone
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't mind at all to point out the obvious (women are supposed to nag, right?). There are definitely some a-holes on the forums. I love to read enthusiasts posts and observations, so Money, just keep doing your thing.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:55 PM
petee1997
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The problem is real. I had the same problem for the first year of ownership. This it was much less noticeable to the point the problem is gone.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:28 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

I keep trying to replicate it but nothing stands out as hesitation or abnormal and certainly not a "stumble". At first it seemed sluggish/delay off the line only under heavy throttle in normal mode, but now that seems gone. All "campaigns" etc caught up in later April FWIW.

I keep thinking with a very early 2012 build that I'd likely have most or all common issues, but it's been issue free (except for the potentially software hesitation issue potentially corrected by the dealer during regular service) since I got it last summer.

Well except when I "discovered" only one of the rear fog lights worked haha.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

It's absolutely a real issue, I have it. That said I agree Porsche surely didn't "learn a lesson" with him buying a GT3 but so what? I'm not overly concerned about the stumble issue, certainly not enough to sell the car and absolutely not for an unproven car that had to have every motor produced replaced in a recall.......but I'm still secretly jealous of Money! (-:
Old 10-17-2014, 03:47 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by petee1997
This it was much less noticeable to the point the problem is gone.
Can someone translate this into English for me?
Old 10-18-2014, 04:18 AM
NeoGeo07
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To OP: Congrats on the GT3! It's stunning. I've been following your diaries and they're all very informative. Enjoy the GT3 and M3 in good health.

With that said, I must chime in and say that it's quite a surprise that you just took a ~30k loss and trade in the C2S so quickly. I have a 50th and so far I haven't experienced the stumble issue (knock on wood). I agree the problem may be prevalent but is it so bad that it's worth a 30k loss? Of course it's your money and you have the right to do whatever you want with it.

Psychologically you might be doing it because you were always looking for that "perfect" Porsche---I hope the GT3 lives to your expectations. Remember though, the 991 version certainly had a rocky start and may not be immune to have problems.

Hopefully the GT3 will be perfect...and if not, there's always that 918 you can upgrade to!

Quick Reply: Money2536's Farewell to the 991 Forum