GTS MODELS ARE ANNOUNCED!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 12:17 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by AWW100
Not truly a GT3???
Yes. The entire powertrain is different and Porsche has failed to implement the new powertrain into the Cup car racing program. GT3 in Porsche marketing speak only.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:28 AM
VintageRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 234 Posts

It's a great looking car.

I'm stuck with a 2014.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:31 AM
silvertige
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by AWW100
I think this depends on the material choice of your seats.
Originally Posted by gota911
Ventilated seats are available with the Leather interior, but not with alcantara, probably because perforating the man-made fabric would weaken it..
Yes, I meant no ventilated seats are possible with the GTS interior package due to the alcantara inserts.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:48 AM
hawc
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by destaccado
Porsche has failed to implement the new GT3's powertrain into the Cup car racing program. So the new GT3 in Porsche marketing speak only.
Interesting. I didn't know this. So it's not a true GT3 if the powertrain is not shared with the Cup Car racing program?
Old 10-09-2014, 03:06 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

It will be interesting to see what discounts people receive right off the bat.

Last edited by destaccado; 10-09-2014 at 03:59 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:07 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hawc
Interesting. I didn't know this. So it's not a true GT3 if the powertrain is not shared with the Cup Car racing program?
Not in my opinion. You're welcome to come to your own conclusions on what makes a "GT3" a "GT3." Many will be satisfied with whatever Porsche says it is.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:55 AM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not in my opinion. You're welcome to come to your own conclusions on what makes a "GT3" a "GT3." Many will be satisfied with whatever Porsche says it is.
I feel so much better now not having bought a GT3. What a bunch of posers....

Regarding the original thread: If you are in the market for a new 991 the GTS makes sense, otherwise it makes little sense to "upgrade". I was hoping for a bit more power than the X51 kit, but then again, not really surprised.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:00 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Now on the US configuator....
No Lightweight Bucket Seats
Old 10-09-2014, 02:01 PM
pg103
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
I feel so much better now not having bought a GT3. What a bunch of posers....

Regarding the original thread: If you are in the market for a new 991 the GTS makes sense, otherwise it makes little sense to "upgrade". I was hoping for a bit more power than the X51 kit, but then again, not really surprised.
Before you come with your conclusion, please read what other people are saying regarding the topic:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/837686-gts.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...py-thread.html
Old 10-09-2014, 02:05 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pg103
Before you come with your conclusion, please read what other people are saying regarding the topic:

Well of course they are all going to defend their $150,000 purchase in the 991 GT3 forum regardless of facts. No doubt if we criticized your purchase of the new Cayenne SUV - one of America's ultimate poser vehicles with plummeting residuals on the free market - you'd defend it as well.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:08 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,598 Likes on 2,341 Posts

OMG ... I'd lose the will to live if I read all of those posts ...
Old 10-09-2014, 02:14 PM
pg103
Instructor

Well of course they are all going to defend their $150,000 purchase in the 991 GT3 forum regardless of facts. No doubt if we criticized your purchase of the new Cayenne SUV - one of America's ultimate poser vehicles with plummeting residuals on the free market - you'd defend it as well.
I totally respect your opinions as I'm not going to devalue them. I'm just basically pointing out to other members a different perspective. Regardless, we all can agree that GT3 is a great car and I'm excited to get mine in a few months.

As for Cayenne, I totally agreed with you. It was my wife car...she wanted it...so what can I say. We actually traded in 5 months ago for minimal loss. To be precise, I bought it for 64k and sold it 3 yrs later with 30K+ miles for 49.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:22 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

I totally respect your opinions as I'm not going to devalue them. I'm just basically pointing out to other members a different perspective. Regardless, we all can agree that GT3 is a great car and I'm excited to get mine in a few months.

As for Cayenne, I totally agreed with you. It was my wife car...she wanted it...so what can I say. We actually traded in 5 months ago for minimal loss. To be precise, I bought it for 64k and sold it 3 yrs later with 30K+ miles for 49.
"It was my wife car...she wanted it...so what can I say. "

You can say 'no' and buy her something that isn't a piece of ****. Whenever I hear a guy being ruled by his wife I question everything else he's telling me. Furthermore, in my experience, the less you let women lead you the higher quality women you end up with. YMMV.

If you want a useful link to some factual reading instead of emotionally charged poser-babble here you go; heartiste.wordpress.com

Don't post links to threads titled; "destaccado's psuedo GT3 thearapy thread" without a single fact written in them and then tell me - "I totally respect your opinions"

FWIW I do agree the 991 GT3 is a great car; but it's a horrible replacement for the previous GT3s and undeserving of the moniker.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:05 PM
pg103
Instructor

You can say 'no' and buy her something that isn't a piece of ****. Whenever I hear a guy being ruled by his wife I question everything else he's telling me. Furthermore, in my experience, the less you let women lead you the higher quality women you end up with. YMMV.

If you want a useful link to some factual reading instead of emotionally charged poser-babble here you go; heartiste.wordpress.com

Don't post links to threads titled; "destaccado's psuedo GT3 thearapy thread" without a single fact written in them and then tell me - "I totally respect your opinions"

FWIW I do agree the 991 GT3 is a great car; but it's a horrible replacement for the previous GT3s and undeserving of the moniker.

wow....it's quite disrespectful to talk about someone else relationship if you don't even know them. Oh well, you can't change ignorance
Let's us all go back to talk about the car.....
Old 10-09-2014, 05:03 PM
tejstar01
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow you are completely clueless and a troublemaker!! Whatever you have going on in your life right now may I suggest you take a break from the forum and gain some better perspective instead of taking out your issues here on this forum!!! You have posted your crazy opinions here and on the GT3 forums pushing your views about the car mostly negative! Now you have basically attacked another member again with your crazy views of women....you need to take a break obviously!!! That is my opinion!!!

Quick Reply: GTS MODELS ARE ANNOUNCED!