Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS MODELS ARE ANNOUNCED!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 05:20 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Geez destaccado, WTF - do you do this in every thread? I have a Cayenne GTS that I picked our for my wife. It is a wonderful SUV and could care less what it's worth. Why don't you jump down my throat and leave these guys alone.

Why are you such a bitter person? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that something bad recently happened to you. If that's the case, we're hear for you bud!
Old 10-09-2014, 06:02 PM
coxswain
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by destaccado
No doubt if we criticized your purchase of the new Cayenne SUV - one of America's ultimate poser vehicles with plummeting residuals on the free market - you'd defend it as well.

Haha... My mom has a Cayenne S. I should tell her that it's the ultimate poser vehicle. It will be so funny. She loves it much more than her previous SUV, Acura MDX.

Last edited by coxswain; 10-09-2014 at 06:40 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:39 PM
coxswain
Racer

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Geez destaccado, WTF - do you do this in every thread? . . . Why don't you jump down my throat and leave these guys alone.

I, for one, actually like reading Destaccado's posts. We need a sharply opinionated dissenter. Otherwise, this kind of forum will be too boring. Don't you think?
Old 10-09-2014, 07:21 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,598 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Not in my opinion. You're welcome to come to your own conclusions on what makes a "GT3" a "GT3." Many will be satisfied with whatever Porsche says it is.
+1
Old 10-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,598 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by hawc
Interesting. I didn't know this. So it's not a true GT3 if the powertrain is not shared with the Cup Car racing program?
well its certainly no longer/not yet a homologation model for GT3 class racing, although strictly speaking its not apparent to me that the engine is a required component in order to achieve this.

more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_GT3
Old 10-09-2014, 07:32 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Don't . . . tell me - "I totally respect your opinions"
On behalf of most of us here at RL, I think that we can all comply with your request to not respect your opinions.

Geez dude, maybe a bit of therapy before you bust an artery writing another hate rant? Good luck with all that stuff . . .
Old 10-09-2014, 07:44 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
well its certainly no longer/not yet a homologation model for GT3 class racing, although strictly speaking its not apparent to me that the engine is a required component in order to achieve this.

more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_GT3
No the motor is not essential. Most homologation models bear little in common with their racing counterparts. Guess what model is the homologation for the 991RSR..............the 991 carrera, since the GT3 was not yet out.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:03 PM
mgent
Instructor

Guess what model is the homologation for the 991RSR..............the 991 carrera, since the GT3 was not yet out.
So the 991 Carrera is the 'true' GT3 and a GT3 is the 'true' Carrera? I believe that makes the GTS the 'true' GT3 RS? I could go along with that, means I could likely pick up a 'fake' GT3 or RS for a good price in a year!
Old 10-09-2014, 08:47 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mgent
So the 991 Carrera is the 'true' GT3 and a GT3 is the 'true' Carrera? I believe that makes the GTS the 'true' GT3 RS? I could go along with that, means I could likely pick up a 'fake' GT3 or RS for a good price in a year!
Exactly, there just may be a little disappointment when you fire it up.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:25 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Since there are already a bunch of GTS posts, I don't want to add one more, but I have a specific question . . .

Does anyone know whether the SportDesign steering wheel is leather or alcantara with the full zoot GTS alcantara interior?
Old 10-09-2014, 09:28 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by hinckley
Since there are already a bunch of GTS posts, I don't want to add one more, but I have a specific question . . .

Does anyone know whether the SportDesign steering wheel is leather or alcantara with the full zoot GTS alcantara interior?
From what I can tell, it's Alcantara by default, but you can opt for the Leather one at $0.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:42 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by tejstar01
Wow you are completely clueless and a troublemaker!! Whatever you have going on in your life right now may I suggest you take a break from the forum and gain some better perspective instead of taking out your issues here on this forum!!! You have posted your crazy opinions here and on the GT3 forums pushing your views about the car mostly negative! Now you have basically attacked another member again with your crazy views of women....you need to take a break obviously!!! That is my opinion!!!
Crazy views on women? lol No doubt a big part of our differences on that is probably an age delta. I'm 30 and women aren't built the same way they were used to. If you're 45+ years old let's just say when it comes to modern women, you probably wouldn't understand.

Further, I didn't criticize anyone's woman -- I criticized a man for being ruled by one after he posted bull**** directed toward me. Reading comprehension helps.

All those exclamation points make you seem a little nuts yourself. Settle down brother.

Last edited by destaccado; 10-09-2014 at 10:28 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:50 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

No the motor is not essential. Most homologation models bear little in common with their racing counterparts. Guess what model is the homologation for the 991RSR..............the 991 carrera, since the GT3 was not yet out.
That's only half true. The motor was homologated off the last GT3. So in reality the 991 RSR is homologated off a combination of the old GT3's motor and the new car's chassis.

Even if they had homologated off the new GT3; the motor was homologated off the last car.

...please at least attempt to use facts when you debate.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:50 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Exactly, there just may be a little disappointment when you fire it up.
No not exactly. You're just repeating BS you read from someone else instead of doing your own research.

Here's the real GT3 -- sharing extremely little in common with the 991 street version other than certain aspects of the suspension, the brakes, rear bumper, chassis, and "the spirit" -- you 991 GT3 guys are HUGE on that! The entire powertrain is 100% different and the car is a totally different animal.

Last edited by destaccado; 10-09-2014 at 10:09 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:01 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hinckley

With the standard features;

"Steering wheel rim, gearshift lever, door handles, door armrests, door paneling and center console storage compartment cover in Alcantara"

...and when you use the configurator the steering wheel doesn't appear to change. I'm nearly positive it's Alcantara.

Quick Reply: GTS MODELS ARE ANNOUNCED!