991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 issues update and lemon law filling new video

Old 04-16-2014, 08:24 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

wow. i've watched a couple of your vids now with a combo of shock, dismay, and empathy. all of that is unconscionable and definitely rise to the level of "lemon" for the purposes of lemon law relief. sad to watch actually.

i also once battled pcna on a brand new 911 and like any mega corp they can really dig in, but ultimately i was satisfied. but not before having a few face to face sitdowns with pcna's "regional" rep. to their credit, they eventually sorted all my issues, but what you're going through is above and beyond.

my recommendation to you, is to consult directly with a local ( or wherever..) attorney specializing in LEMON LAW issues. it may cost you an upfront retainer? but they WILL get you satisfaction if pcna doesn't step up. good luck, the vids are helping your cause, i am sure. that is nightmarish, indeed
Old 04-16-2014, 08:29 AM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I fully sympathize with the gentleman in the video and his car problems. However, the foul language used and the half-smirk presentation devalue his message, quite a bit, in my opinion. With the sheeple riled up against this "injustice", I'm sure resolution is on the horizon one way or another.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:32 AM
Gcracker07110
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nicoli have you been following this situation for the last few months? I thought this was pretty tame if it were my video in the same position you would have to bleep every other word
Old 04-16-2014, 08:33 AM
Gcracker07110
Rennlist Member

I thought it was pretty tame if it were me every other word would be an expletive, have you been following this saga at all Nicoli?
Old 04-16-2014, 08:35 AM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gcracker07110
Nicoli have you been following this situation for the last few months? I thought this was pretty tame if it were my video in the same position you would have to bleep every other word
No, I haven't - I've been busy living life while my car was in the shop over 30 days with a mysterious engine malfunction requiring a completely new engine. I drove my 1993 BMW and did not scream and cry for a turbo to drive in the meanwhile. Life is what you make it. The gentleman seems like quite a piece of work, car problems not withstanding.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:46 AM
Flowmacks
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^^^ uhhhh
Old 04-16-2014, 09:01 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Nicoli35
No, I haven't - I've been busy living life while my car was in the shop over 30 days with a mysterious engine malfunction requiring a completely new engine. I drove my 1993 BMW and did not scream and cry for a turbo to drive in the meanwhile. Life is what you make it. The gentleman seems like quite a piece of work, car problems not withstanding.
If you're curious, the other videos are worth a watch before you judge. Nick has been overwhelmingly patient and isn't crying for a TT, lol.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:14 AM
jabajaba
Advanced

Wow. Man other reason not to get a car in its first or second model year.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:24 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by jabajaba
Wow. Man other reason not to get a car in its first or second model year.
Or any GM car ever?
Old 04-16-2014, 09:30 AM
fibredog
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 48 Posts

Seems like a simple Lemon Law case. CT's Q&A shows that they try to resolve all claims within 60 days. http://www.ct.gov/dcp/cwp/view.asp?a=1646&Q=276158&PM=1

You get a replacement car or your money back. I would think with the number of issues you have, you would get your money back.

The facts are that PCNA isn't doing the right thing, the car is a lemon and there is a law to protect you and make things right.

Making videos will certainly **** PCNA off, but I don't think your outcome will be any better than going to arbitration. I agree with Nicoli that the tone, language, etc... in the video devalue the message. Not to say that you shouldn't be pissed and shout obscenities, because I certainly would, I'm just saying that a clean video would show you more as the innocent victim and PCNA as the only a-hole in this battle.

TC
Old 04-16-2014, 09:41 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Mercel
Hellooooo, Lemon laws, the provisions of which were designed for this kind of customer horror story. I do think the Porsche dealer probably contributed to your electrical issues, recalling the history of your posts. Not that it matters -- you're still entitled to resolution.

Although you've been patient and reasonable, the videos don't seem to be "working." Insist on the protections of the Lemon Law and be done with it. Fighting PCNA in public shouldn't be necessary and may even be counterproductive. I wouldn't accept the current car -- it's haunted (and probably unsafe).

I read the posts and watch the videos and can't help thinking there's a part of this story I'm missing. A one-cylinder Judge Judy would dispense of this in Lemon law arbitrations post-haste.
+1

I've BTDT with BMW lemons, so I know what you're going through and you have my sympathies.

Best of luck to you.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:47 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

I read some of the comments here(very few so far to be honest) where you can clearly realize those making them haven't been watching Nick's videos. And I'm not talking about this one,but his reviews and positive attitude about the car in the beginning. He is one of the most patient person I've seen.
In this last video you can clearly see he's had it and this whole situation has worn him out.
He bought this car for enjoyment not to be put through this ordeal.
Put yourself in his shoes to be out of 120K and go through this and then talk. Words on an Internet forum are meaningless sometimes.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:52 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Next time to speak to P throw around words like "attorney, counsler, lawyer, David Boies, NRA member"
Old 04-16-2014, 10:01 AM
nmurray22
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicoli35
Ha yes it is true I am a 'piece of work'. Maybe next time I will name my car then I will have none of these problems.

Not sure where you got that I cried for a turbo to drive, but good for you.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:09 AM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 385 Likes on 164 Posts

Remember one of my posts where I said Porsche could face a social media **** storm over this?

Its beginning PCNA! Motoring Middle East has just picked this up and I wonder what will happen once Jalopnik does?

http://www.motoringme.com/meet-world...est-911-owner/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991 issues update and lemon law filling new video