Sponsored by:

991 issues update and lemon law filling

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 02:32 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,404 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Originally Posted by fast1
Yep and that's the reason I have never bought a used car in 50 years. I'm willing to pay a premium for peace of mind.
I agree with a lot of this. But I'd buy from (the right) a Rennlister. I like buying new Porsches, mainly because I like knowing the car was properly broken in from day #1.

Last edited by LexVan; 04-07-2014 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:40 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

deny deny deny

this is a nice reminder of the company we're dealing w/ (credit to Nizer for the link):

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...news/130919830
Old 04-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Zohan
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is from:school for scoundrels
This one of the most popular threads on this board

Old 04-07-2014, 06:52 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI, the lemon law in Illinois would require the dealers to buy back any gt3 that has been paid for.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:53 PM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Received 251 Likes on 154 Posts

FYI, most state's lemon law only applies to safety related equipment...
Old 04-07-2014, 09:14 PM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by parkerfe
Not in WA....sorry

Either it works after they fix it 3 times & 30 days (cumulative) or they get it back or something close to that. Can be safety , but otherwise also.

From WA State website

Days out of service accumulated during attempts to diagnose or repair due to one or more ‘nonconformities’ or ‘serious safety defects’. The vehicle has been out of service due to diagnosis or repair:

"A cumulative total of 30 or more cumulative calendar days
at least 15 days occurred during the period of the manufacturer’s written warranty and during the “eligibility period” (see What Is The Eligibility Period?)
The consumer sent a written request to the manufacturer asking for repurchase or replacement of the vehicle and
manufacturer failed to respond or did not reached a resolution with the consumer within 40 days

Nonconformity:

A ‘nonconformity' is a defect that “substantially impairs” the use, value or safety of the motor vehicle making the vehicle unreliable, unsafe for ordinary use or diminished in resale value compared to equivalent vehicles. "
Old 04-07-2014, 11:18 PM
docjohnM
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

porsche needs to step up with this.

They could hand you a brand new car in a week and not even feel it on a balance sheet.

My dealer called on friday to ask if I wanted to finalize my order. I decided against it, and directed him to this thread.
What good is a great car with a sh!tty company behind it. When they take care of Nick, my money will be back on the table.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:34 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Nick, back on 3/20 you posted that the Lemon Law arbitration is only a few days away. Since then they managed to get the car in good enough shape to last 32 hours before it died while driving, leaving you smoldering on the Connecticut Parkway. That was April 2nd. What's the latest? Back to arbitration?
Old 04-08-2014, 03:19 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

Yea,

What happened to this chap?

Perhaps he did retain legal council and they advised him to no longer post about his wonderful experiences. ??

I have been following the thread as well. So tough to read. Just awful.

Not sure if I should say it or not but I'm afraid this dealer is to blame 100%.

I never make any mods to a new car that is under any kind of factory or factory extended warranty. I keep thinking this all came about from having the dealer install a couple of electrical "extras' on the car and it snowballed into what it has become. ?
Old 04-08-2014, 09:15 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by parkerfe
Not true in NC and probably not true in most states.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:35 AM
kosmo
Race Director

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...s-Tesla-Motors
Old 04-08-2014, 09:53 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Thats funny when you go to the site they have a picture of a BMW on the video.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:21 AM
pfan
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
Nick, back on 3/20 you posted that the Lemon Law arbitration is only a few days away. Since then they managed to get the car in good enough shape to last 32 hours before it died while driving, leaving you smoldering on the Connecticut Parkway. That was April 2nd. What's the latest? Back to arbitration?
I think he stated the arbitration hearing was scheduled for 4/25.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:23 AM
nmurray22
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 12 Posts
Unhappy Update

Yes the arbitration was originally planned for early April but it got pushed to 25 April.

PCNA would still like me to drive the car and in hopes I will find it is all fixed and want to keep it with a compensation package. However as you know I only had the car for a bit over 30 hours before it broke down again and it has been with the dealer since then. The car has been returned to the dealer 7 times now for 60+ accumulated days of repair.

Some good news, because of the video I took last Saturday of the smoke coming from the passenger’s window (which you can see here)

They were able to locate some burnt and frayed wires, which you see at the end of that video. Those wires were shorting out on the chassis. On top of this they have found water damage in some of the other electronic components. This does explain some of the problems that is for sure, how much it fixed and how many problems remain I don’t think I will ever know. I also wonder why no fuses ever burnt out? I also wonder what other issues these shorts caused within the cars computer bus and what long term damage the water has caused.

The problem I have is that while I want to be fair and accommodating where possible, I am at the end of my patience and this is starting to take a toll on my health.

I was nervous about driving the car before that last incident now it gives me a feeling of dread. In the end no one was hurt and maybe I should man up and get past it, however I keep re-living the breakdown and close call I had that day while trying to get to the side of the road. I am not sleeping well and I have a twitch that makes my lower eyelid look like a jumping jellybean.

So I am very eager to have this all behind me. My girlfriend is a GP and switches between worrying about me and wanting to drive down to PCNA and stab a few people in the face. I have her restrained for now.

As for you guys, I am humbled by all the well wishing, advice and support I have received from the Porsche owners community. I want to thank everyone particularly those of you on Rennlist and 6Speed taking to time to support me.

Thank you everyone.

Nick

Last edited by nmurray22; 04-09-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:43 AM
kosmo
Race Director

hi Nick, you are indeed a patient person. IMO this has reached a CRIMINAL level. I would document your health issue and doctor's bills and some more for PAIN AND SUFFERING and submit them to PNA.
I would also retain a lawyer.

Given all the social media, youtube, internet forums and your propensity to film your reviews, PNA is being monumentally STUPID.
If I was a Ceo/owner of a business and saw this , I would do WHATEVER IT TAKES to make it go away.

Add this **** to the current GT3 fiasco, CL, IMS, Coolant pipes, Scored engines, blah blah blah and im beginning to think that all this Kool Aid is becoming TOXIC.

Porsche There ARE Substitutes!

Quick Reply: 991 issues update and lemon law filling