good new nick. how about a 50th?!!!!

Be mindful of the CL on the TT.
Smart.

Smarter: Get the manual.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:32 PM
EZ E
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 194 Posts

Be very mindful of the time issue. Don't let them drag it out where you are left high and dry. Keep us posted.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:50 PM
enzom
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by nmurray22
Quick update.

First of all, thank all of you for the support and advice you have given me here, simply outstanding that so many of you would take the time to give advice and feedback I am so very grateful to you all. It really means a lot to get support from the owners community. You guys/girls are amazing you truly are. I want to buy you all dinner : )

Good news is that we have progress from PCNA they have called me and expressed regret in the handling of this case and so far been very open and upfront about what they want to do for me. I also got calls and emails from Porsche in Germany. So lots of positive movement.

They also have the regional rep looking at my car. Basically they are talking about buying my car back or getting me a new one. The lemon law arbitration is only a few days away now so if PCNA don't fix this for me then Connecticut Consumer protection laws certainly will. They say it is as strong case as they have ever seen.

So good news. Stay tuned.

Oh I have a Cayman as a loner so I will do a video on that : )

Thanks again everyone.

Nick
that's great. You did not even need to call Saul Goodman. (If you don't get the show reference - Netflix is waiting)
Old 03-21-2014, 03:27 PM
nmurray22
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kosmo
good new nick. how about a 50th?!!!!

Be mindful of the CL on the TT.
I would be tempted with a 50th but I am not fussed with the color choices. I really like the dark blue.

What is CL?
Old 03-21-2014, 03:32 PM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be tempted with a 50th but I am not fussed with the color choices. I really like the dark blue.

What is CL?
on the bright side...now you can get it with the deviated stitch on the steering wheel! huzzah!
Old 03-21-2014, 03:38 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

What is CL?
Center Lock Wheels

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images  
Old 03-21-2014, 03:40 PM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 991999R
on the bright side...now you can get it with the deviated stitch on the steering wheel! huzzah!
oh and more leather...need to do more leather
Old 03-21-2014, 07:40 PM
nmurray22
Instructor

Originally Posted by Z356
Center Lock Wheels

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Oh yes I was not planning on getting Center Lock Wheels they look like a nightmare....
Old 03-21-2014, 10:28 PM
tcbrown
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am clearly biased but I think those of us who have gone the 911 50 route have been happy with the decision. Before launch the colors were really controversial but in real life the colors are stunning and unique. Good luck.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:06 PM
nmurray22
Instructor

Originally Posted by tcbrown
I am clearly biased but I think those of us who have gone the 911 50 route have been happy with the decision. Before launch the colors were really controversial but in real life the colors are stunning and unique. Good luck.
They do look amazing. I will take another look.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:19 PM
mb97tts
Racer

C2S with Sport Design......

I am partial but it looks great
Old 03-21-2014, 11:24 PM
VIC_50th
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

They do look amazing. I will take another look.
Please do!
The 911_50 cars are great, and a relative bargain for what you are getting (plus, unique and unobtainable features not available anywhere else).
I too was not fussed about the colours when first seen on line, but we had a Geyser Grey car on display at the local dealership for the 50th celebration, and it was unique, complex, and fascinating; it removed all doubt for me (other RL members have felt the same about Graphite).
Old 03-22-2014, 12:14 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Nick,

Based upon your Cayman review thread, another option to consider is the Cayman GTS with 340 HP, which Porsche announced today.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:38 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin N
I smell something funny with this dealer. This should have been escalated by now with any competent porsche mechanic. As soon as you mentioned the cam and radar detector being installed by them, and now them not being able to fix electrical gremlins, that raises a lot of red flags.Have you taken a look under the dash area - maybe there is some obviously suspect wiring? The area where the wiring penetrates through into nose of the car is easily seen from the driver footwell. Or, you can remove the plastic cover in the trunk that covers the tire pump and look down near the steering column, it may be easy to see shoddy workmanship. If you don't feel comfortable I would take it to another dealer and have them check it out. Explain to them that the other dealer might have done something suspect, and you want a second opinion. I did this with a sunroof noise as well as the exhaust recall- my first dealer didn't even bolt the exhaust clamps and I was having all sort of droning issues. I took it to a second place with great mechanics and they went through each issue, even choice down little noise issues that the first dealer couldn't be bothered to fix.
You are absolutely correct. Although it's been many decades since I was a mechanic, the very first step I used in diagnosing a problem was to determine if the problem was a common complaint or if it were unique. If it were a unique problem, then the very first step would be to determine if the car was modded in any way. In cases were a car was modded and it experienced a unique problem, you absolutely must rule out the mod as the cause of the problem since in the majority of such cases the mod caused the problem.

Another red flag is that the OP complained of the car manifesting other quality problems after the initial "repair". In the dealership in which I worked, the best tech was assigned to any car in which was brought in a second time for the same repair. We made absolutely certain that either the car was repaired so the customer wasn't inconvenienced any further or a factory rep was called in for a consultation to ensure that the problem was fixed. Having a car brought in on multiple occassions for the same problem is unaccepatble at any dealership, much less at a high end dealership like Porsche.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:41 AM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

^ Agreed. I hope PNCA settles this immediately. Porsche going to a lemon law arbitration is an epic brand embarassment. If I were Porsche I'd rain brimstone down on any dealer that put my coveted brand in that ridiculous position.

Quick Reply: 991 issues update and lemon law filling