Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yippee, Meet my new baby! Adding New Photos/Info.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 03:59 AM
hoppah
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a gorgeous ride! And isn't it just the greatest feeling to treat yourself so well?

H.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:01 PM
beebalm
Racer

Originally Posted by hoppah
What a gorgeous ride! And isn't it just the greatest feeling to treat yourself so well?

H.

Hi hoppah,
It sure is
Thanks so much for your sweet words, it is much appreciated!
BeeBalm

You know you own a Porsche when she has her own laundry hamper for all her colorful microfiber towels
Old 03-20-2015, 06:11 PM
beebalm
Racer

Hi Porsche Friends,

Today it snowed on the first day of Spring.

This is how the first day of Spring should look:

BeeBalm

You know you own a Porsche when she has her own laundry hamper for all her colorful microfiber towels
Old 03-20-2015, 08:45 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Beebalm, that is one seriously good looking daffodil photo! Back in Wordsworth's day they only had daffodils, no Porsches, or I'm sure he would have written something like this about your 911:

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:
I gazed—and gazed—but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:56 PM
woodranch
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Water spots advise

Wrong post, sorry

Last edited by woodranch; 03-21-2015 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Wrong subject
Old 03-21-2015, 01:26 AM
kwikit356
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 65 Posts

Well, BeeBalm, My car missed the boat it was supposed to be loaded on at the port. It is snowing again here in Boston, so I can't even drive my Guards Red/Tan 993 coupe. But, you post a beautiful daffodil and then look what sprouts from "our" Chuck! I feel better just seeing your flower and Chuck's response. Thanks to both of you.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:08 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by beebalm
Hi Porsche Friends,

Today it snowed on the first day of Spring.

BeeBalm

The American Builders Association recently introduced a new offering... it's called a garage. People park their cars in them.

Old 03-21-2015, 03:56 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by kwikit356
Well, BeeBalm, My car missed the boat it was supposed to be loaded on at the port. It is snowing again here in Boston, so I can't even drive my Guards Red/Tan 993 coupe. But, you post a beautiful daffodil and then look what sprouts from "our" Chuck! I feel better just seeing your flower and Chuck's response. Thanks to both of you.
Thanks- but I hope nobody thinks I actually WROTE that! It's Wordsworth. I really like it, glad you do too.
Old 03-24-2015, 04:02 PM
ChoyV
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Nice, very nice.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:10 PM
beebalm
Racer

Originally Posted by chuck911
Beebalm, that is one seriously good looking daffodil photo! Back in Wordsworth's day they only had daffodils, no Porsches, or I'm sure he would have written something like this about your 911:

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:
I gazed—and gazed—but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.
Hi Chuck,
It is so nice to see you drop by again and I do appreciate that
Glad you liked my daffodil. Thanks for sharing the poem.
Have a great weekend!
BeeBalm

Old 03-28-2015, 06:12 PM
beebalm
Racer

Originally Posted by kwikit356

You are too kind kwikit,
I appreciate you commenting
Have a great day!
BeeBalm

Old 03-28-2015, 06:14 PM
beebalm
Racer

Originally Posted by gota911
The American Builders Association recently introduced a new offering... it's called a garage. People park their cars in them.

Good Point gota911 !

Thanks for dropping by - it is so much appreciated!
BeeBalm

Old 03-28-2015, 06:16 PM
beebalm
Racer

Originally Posted by ChoyV
Nice, very nice.
Hi ChoyV,
I appreciate your kindness
Thank you!
Have a great day!
BeeBalm

Old 03-28-2015, 06:23 PM
beebalm
Racer

Hi Porsche Friends,

Check out my new Carrera

Okay now you can say, "Awwwww isn't my baby boy Shih Tzu adorable

My Hubby and I love him! He is such a joy - just like his big red sister in the driveway!

He is so funny! When I throw a toy and he runs and gets it - I say "go 189 miles an hour" and I say 6 cylinder or Turbo mode!

When Carrera runs up the street so fast I say "go 189 miles an hour"! So now he looks for those words out of my mouth and knows to go fast He knows the need for speed!

Have a great day!
BeeBalm

Old 04-22-2015, 07:29 PM
beebalm
Racer

Hello Porsche Friends,

Spring has arrived and it’s time to do my semi-yearly detailing. I’m not going to go over the wheels. You can see what I do with the wheels here https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8042...l#post11293391. Wheels are a project unto themselves.

I’m not going to go over washing a car. You guys know to do whatever you like. I went over washing here https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8042...l#post11390458.

I know that some people prefer to take their car to detailers and some people like to detail themselves. We all have preferences on product so I do not endorse nor know if one is better than another. This is what we do. Some of the products we have left over and I am not going to go out and buy new product just for the sake of spending money. So some of the product looks used because it has been used, and some is new. We give credit where credit is due to Money for the Griot’s products. Otherwise, some of the products would have been Pinnacle.

One note. Our winter’s can get down to zero, but not that much snow. We drive the car in the winter if there is no snow on the ground, no salt on the road, and the temperature is above 40. Some winters, this might be quite a few days, other winters, few days. So the car gets used year round, weather dependent. On the other days in winter, it sleeps with a CTEK battery tender on it.

1. First, the car needed a full wash. I use a foam gun with Chemical Guy’s products. This was the Citrus Wash. By the time the camera was ready, the foam disappeared but I don’t need to tell you guys how to wash a car

2. Next step is claying. We used Griot’s clay with Griot’s Speed Shine to lubricate. Although it might not look like it, you would be amazed at how much stuff comes off with the clay.

The thing about claying the car is that you really can’t see the dirt it pulls out of the paint but it does make a difference. And when you are done, you can fell how slick the paint feels.

3. Step 3 is to treat the Xpel Ultimate. The full hood and fenders are covered. We use the Xpel Sealent product. They say to renew it every three months but it was still beading after 6 months. The coat put on in October still was looking pretty good. It goes on easy and doesn’t take too much effort to buff out. I should note that any little black things you see on the product pictures is pollen or stuff falling from the trees.

After sealing, you can look closely at the clear bra to see any damage. Inevitably there will be damage. If there weren’t damage, then either you are not driving your car and then there would be no point in buying the Xpel, so it was just doing its job. In my case, the damage was minimal, a tiny mark here or there not visible from three feet. If you put your face on the surface, you can see where the paint would have been damaged. If the film was seriously damaged, I guess it can just be replaced. But for now, all is good.

4. Now it’s time to work the paint. No matter what you do, sooner or later swirls seem to appear, and are more visible on the darker colors. Even using a Macro lens, it was impossible to get them to show. They really are not all that bad anyway. First, we use Menzerna 1500 with a Porter Cable 7424 and a white pad. It’s Hub’s job to work the Porter Cable.

The Menzerna polishes have been evolving over the years and this is not the current packaging. The polish goes on easily and is not to difficult to buff out. Parts of the car are impossible to polish with the orbital so it’s done by hand, particularly around the lettering in the rear.

This takes some time and a second pass was done after the first. After each pass you can look and see that the shine just gets better. It’s subjective, but visible. Still tiny swirls exist if you look real closely in the right light. I think for the Fall detail, I will buy some Menzerna 400, a stronger polish.

5. A second polish used is a fine polish. We bought some Menzerna 4000. However, since we have some left over Menzerna Final Polish II, the old packaging, I’m not going to just throw it away until it’s used up. This is packaging circa 2007.

This was put on using a white pad. Again, some areas had to be done by hand. When done, although subjective, you could see a better shine and the swirls a lot less visible.

6. Now we come to controversial step. We also have some leftover Menzerna Glaze. The point of the polishes is to level down the clear coat ridges so no swirls exist. Done properly, there is no need for a glaze, which is temporary filler. Since I have leftover glaze and time to do so, there is no point in not using the glaze so we did. It was applied with a blue pad. This packaging is again circa 2007.

7. The next step is Menzerna’s synthetic sealer, Full Molecular Jacket (FMJ). Again, we have left over product and applied it with a red pad. This packaging is also 2007 and its replacement is called Power Lock.

8. Next step is the black vinyl and rubber bits around the car. Griot’s rubber and vinyl dressing is used. This is the same product as used on the tires and is not glossy. It’s also used on the door gaskets.

This can take some time. Not only are the obvious external pieces done but so are the frunk and engine compartment, although there is not much to see in the engine compartment.

This is a picture of the engine lid held up after cleaning the area around the third brake light.

9. Next up is the glass, cleaned with Griot’s glass cleaner and Griot’s lint free window towels.

10. After cleaning the glass, it was time for Rain-X. This bottle is mostly used. I like Rain-X.

11. Now we move to the interior, first the leather pieces are cleaned with Griot’s Leather Conditioner.

12. The Weathertech floor mats that protect the carpet over the winter months are removed and cleaned. From this picture, they are obviously dirty and did their job.

13. The carpet is vacuumed. I like using my portable Dyson for this task.

15. Any interior parts that are not leather and need to be cleaned are cleaned with Griot’s Interior cleaner.

14. And the OEM carpeted mats are replaced for the warm months.

15. The interior is complete

This took 14 hours, including doing the wheels, and was done over three days.

This was a good place to take a break. So we took a drive . Why not? It’s spring, the Sun it out, and it’s 70 degrees. Time to open the sunroof and enjoy the car. The car felt easy to drive Here are a couple of pictures against a spring backdrop

16. And then it rained and tree pollen turned the car yellow. No more work today. The final step with the paint is with Carnauba done by hand. A coat of Pinnacle Souveran Carnauba wax is applied. It goes on very easily and you don’t need to wait until it dries to a haze before buffing out by hand.

Hub will take care of this after we wash the car again. He takes his time doing this by hand because he feels it’s a kind of therapy and soothing. Besides driving it, nothing can be better than putting on a final coat of carnauba wax on your Porsche. He likes doing this so much, sometimes he puts on multiple coats.

Everyone please drive safely. Enjoy the spring flowers, stop to smell them, put your car in sport plus, and listen to your engine sing.

Thank you for viewing my pictures. Have a great driving weekend

BeeBalm

Quick Reply: Yippee, Meet my new baby! Adding New Photos/Info.