Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 991 arrived but my salesman didn't....

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 11:24 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,041 Likes on 736 Posts

Originally Posted by meine911
The dealer's name?
Based on the OP's location, Champion or Braman seem like possible contenders. I hope it's not Champion. I've dealt with them on more than one occasion and they've always been very cool. Easy going, fantastic service and not too serious about themselves so this nonsense would be way out of character from what I've seen.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:47 AM
SUNNY991
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tell your salesmen

"I waited a week for YOU
now what are you gonna do for ME"

You should get.alot of extrasss

hats keychains a watch..maybe watch your.kids .wash.your dog

I mean.he should.really give you something good
Old 05-26-2013, 09:42 AM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm not blaming the dealership for this situation. If they have a policy that they abide by, that's up to them. Usually I am very impressed with the efficiency and manner that this dealership handles sales and service. The 31st is in sight at this point and it makes it just a bit more special.
( although a free first service would be a nice concession for the delayed delivery)
Old 05-26-2013, 10:07 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,194 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by LonnieR
I'm not blaming the dealership for this situation. If they have a policy that they abide by, that's up to them. Usually I am very impressed with the efficiency and manner that this dealership handles sales and service. The 31st is in sight at this point and it makes it just a bit more special.
( although a free first service would be a nice concession for the delayed delivery)
I agree, this seems like a reasonable concession in this circumstance. I remember a few years ago I did euro delivery on a BMW. I got called on a Thursday by receptionist saying my car had arrived back in the states and wanted to know if I would like to pick it up "next week". I drove over to dealer and said give me keys, I had already paid for and driven the car 1000 miles. Drove it home that night.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:06 PM
bboerit
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Amen Brother... Love this story!
Old 05-26-2013, 03:27 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,041 Likes on 736 Posts

I have to remember that next time I get frustrated with a dealer. Any policy is good policy as long as they abide by it. Seriously, I admire your patience. I personally don't care for businesses that set policy based on what's most convenient for them regardless of how it affects the customer.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:17 AM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well my salesman is back and delivery will be this Friday!. Now I have to hope that hurricane season doesn't start a day early....
Old 05-28-2013, 11:05 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,194 Likes on 474 Posts

Glad to hear it. Just out of curiosity, what are they doing to the car that takes 8-9 days for delivery? Seems like whatever prep work was needed shoulda been done while you were waiting for this amazing salesperson to arrive.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:46 AM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

They aren't doing anything out of the ordinary. The problem was the car came in early and my salesperson was on vacation. If I took delivery from another salesperson, my guy was going to lose his commission. I had promised him I would wait. I did not think it was fair for him to lose out when all it meant was for me to wait a week. I'll have many days, weeks and years with the car. One more week's wait didn't seem worth it.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:50 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,302 Likes on 887 Posts

This guy is some kind of Zen master, is all I can figure.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:28 PM
YellowPMan
Instructor

Have you thought of the scenario where your sales guy does the hand over to another sales guys customer..I wonder what he would do?
Old 05-30-2013, 03:28 AM
bill8411
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They aren't doing anything out of the ordinary. The problem was the car came in early and my salesperson was on vacation. If I took delivery from another salesperson, my guy was going to lose his commission. I had promised him I would wait. I did not think it was fair for him to lose out when all it meant was for me to wait a week. I'll have many days, weeks and years with the car. One more week's wait didn't seem worth it.

YOU are the kind of guy I wish we had for a neighbor!

Nice to see an abundance of integrity.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:01 PM
porschemikeandnancy
Pro

Oh, the dealership has a POLICY (!?). Well, I, as a buyer, also have my POLICY. The policy is "go f yourself and your shi**y customer service" Now please cancel my order and I'll be buying my 991 from your competitor down the street.
POLICY (!?) my a**.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:38 PM
golftime
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts

I can't resist weighing in on this. This sounds like a ridiculous policy that, if anything, is intended to make the dealer's life easy rather than the customers. What kind dealer makes the paying customer needlessly wait for his vehicle for no reason? The better policy would be at times when a salesman is on vacation, another salesman will be designated to ensure delivery to the customer in a timely manner. You are a very understanding buyer.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:59 PM
captainkirk
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

The wait is almost over, Friday is near, OP please post your experience tomorrow at the dealership and would love to see pictures of the new car.

I think we all would like to know what dealership this is (do it after u get the car).

Quick Reply: My 991 arrived but my salesman didn't....