Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 991 arrived but my salesman didn't....

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 06:55 PM
onapex
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

agree w/ everybody else, pretty ridiculous! get your car, the salesmen should be able to work out the commission split amongst themselves. give the delivery guy a small split for the few hours he worked delivering it.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:28 PM
997S4KEN
AutoX

Definitely post the dealerships name so no one gives this mentally challenged group any kind of business. It is quite disturbing that one dealership can make you feel like your at Disneyland and another like you're on the chain gang.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:38 PM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Replace the word town with dealership:

What's the name of the dealership? Can't be Champion (I bought there and the sales people helped each other) and not the Collection (had my service there). They don't do that crap.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:01 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,299 Likes on 886 Posts

That will teach you to buy a Porsche from Amy's Baking Company.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:02 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

That is completely unacceptable.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:07 PM
balakris
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mr.Boon
Retarded...
This.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:16 PM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Noah Fect
That will teach you to buy a Porsche from Amy's Baking Company.
But those cookies were so damn good!

Old 05-23-2013, 11:21 PM
carsrmyvice
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

I have to agree makes no sense whatsoever. It is an obscene policy and a failure of the sales department. I would walk in there and insist on leaving with it that day haha

"You have my deposit correct?"
"Why yes, of course Lonnie"
"Then cough up the keys you sob"
Old 05-24-2013, 03:15 AM
bill8411
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by duxsi
I'd speak to the sales manager and have him put it in writing that your sales guy will get his commission.
There is no reason why a customer should be subjected to this idiotic policy and be forced to work around an employees vacation schedule.

Pick up your car and when he gets back, have him "redeliver" it again - an idiotic policy.

THIS! ^^^^^^^^^.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:49 AM
Mr.Boon
Intermediate

Print out the replies from this board, go to your dealer, show it to them, demand delivery today with full commission going to your main sales guy!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:52 AM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

I spoke to another salesperson who was very nice and accommodating. He offered to deliver the car and promised me that the original salesperson would get the full commission. I said ok, as long as I got the car for the promised amount with the few frills that my original guy was throwing in (tint, clear side lights). I also said I wanted to have it in writing that my sales guy would get his full commission. That's when he said, " Maybe it's better for you to wait until your guy is back next week". That's when I figured the "in writing " thing told the whole story.

I'm just going to wait and knowing I will definitely have the car on the 31st makes it a little easier to deal with.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:59 AM
BED997
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 53 Posts

Deleted.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:07 AM
User 040621
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 49 Posts

Commission splitting is standard practice across the industry. It's not the dealership doing anything out of the norm.

The salesperson did not set the price. The sales manager did.

Ask - no demand that the sales manager deliver the car to you. You have your purchase price and specs on paper. The manager can ensure that your salesperson gets the full commission.

Pricing as agreed, delivery on your schedule should be a non-issue. Good luck and enjoy the car!
Old 05-24-2013, 10:28 AM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I can't believe you are going to wait till the 31st... Go get your car!
Old 05-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Gripster
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by LonnieR
I spoke to another salesperson who was very nice and accommodating. He offered to deliver the car and promised me that the original salesperson would get the full commission. I said ok, as long as I got the car for the promised amount with the few frills that my original guy was throwing in (tint, clear side lights). I also said I wanted to have it in writing that my sales guy would get his full commission. That's when he said, " Maybe it's better for you to wait until your guy is back next week". That's when I figured the "in writing " thing told the whole story.

I'm just going to wait and knowing I will definitely have the car on the 31st makes it a little easier to deal with.
Wow. You have much more patience than I. To miss out on a long weekend with my new car for such a silly reason as this would be unacceptable to me given the amount you have spent and how long you have waited.

Also - a word to the wise. Go in and at least look over the car and make sure that no-one test drives it even for just a few miles or even sits in it before you take delivery. I have seen that on other forums (other brands) - including one horror story where a car got damaged on an extended test drive of almost 100 miles (and you know these weren't gentle miles). Worse, if I remember correctly, he found a lipstick in there too. The dealer repaired it and still tried to pass the car off as new when the guy that ordered it came in to pick it up. If you have ordered it with a rare color combo or options, it might see some traffic from other potential buyers trying to decide on their options, so go check it out now and INSIST that if there are any extra miles put on it that you will refuse delivery.

Quick Reply: My 991 arrived but my salesman didn't....