Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 991 arrived but my salesman didn't....

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013 | 11:51 AM
User 040621
Drifting

Tell the dealer you're picking it up today - immediately after the PDI/set up is completed. The commission split concern, while noble, isn't your battle to fight.

Go get it!
Old 05-24-2013 | 12:18 PM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LonnieR
I also said I wanted to have it in writing that my sales guy would get his full commission. That's when he said, " Maybe it's better for you to wait until your guy is back next week". That's when I figured the "in writing " thing told the whole story.
Another example of your classic bottom feeder..

You are certainly a better person than most, and your consideration for your salesman should be applauded.

When this is all said and done, I would contact PCNA to inform them of your experience and advise them to address this absurd practice.
Old 05-24-2013 | 01:36 PM
fester
Rennlist Member

It's ridiculous. I had the same situation...his peer took care of delivery and the original salesman got the commission.
Old 05-24-2013 | 01:42 PM
LexVan
Banned

I spoke to another salesperson who was very nice and accommodating. He offered to deliver the car and promised me that the original salesperson would get the full commission. I said ok, as long as I got the car for the promised amount with the few frills that my original guy was throwing in (tint, clear side lights). I also said I wanted to have it in writing that my sales guy would get his full commission. That's when he said, " Maybe it's better for you to wait until your guy is back next week". That's when I figured the "in writing " thing told the whole story.

I'm just going to wait and knowing I will definitely have the car on the 31st makes it a little easier to deal with.
I agree with everyone. Go get you car. But I also think this has a LOT to do with the delay.
Old 05-24-2013 | 02:29 PM
chance
Rennlist Member

that is insane. i have picked up pcars at dealership while my salesman was on vaca etc. go get your car! and congrats!!!!
Old 05-24-2013 | 03:18 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

If you really want to be patient, just decide based on this run around to buy your Porsche someplace else. Go in and demand your deposit back.
Old 05-24-2013 | 04:22 PM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Oh Well...

I appreciate all the comments. it's a bit cathartic reading them. When my sales guy told me about the commission thing, we both believed that the car would probably not be received by the dealership until later this week (Thursday-Friday). Since the holiday weekend entered into it, the earliest we felt that the car would be ready to go would be Tuesday, May 28th. It turns out that the ship docked on the 10th instead of the 12th so delivery to the dealer was moved up by 2-3 days. I had made a promise to the salesperson that I could wait an extra few days so he would get his commission. It wasn't really his fault about the speedier delivery. Since I do not promise things to people lightly, I felt that I had to honor that promise even if it meant an extra week. It's true that it would have been nice getting the car before the holiday weekend, but since I only work part time at this point (and I live if Florida which has great driving weather almost ever day) I could not see defaulting on a promise. I'll have a lot of great driving days with the car.
Old 05-24-2013 | 05:00 PM
kes7u
Instructor

Hi Lonnie,

I appreciate your integrity. I agree with what you've said. I would do the same. Not that I don't trust them, but I don't trust anyone, so I WOULD go check the odometer on the car, and let them know that it is NOT to be test driven.

Kevin
Old 05-24-2013 | 07:12 PM
Gripster
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kes7u
Hi Lonnie,

I appreciate your integrity. I agree with what you've said. I would do the same. Not that I don't trust them, but I don't trust anyone, so I WOULD go check the odometer on the car, and let them know that it is NOT to be test driven.

Kevin
+1.

OP - Not sure if you caught my post above, but don't be too trusting on this. Once your car has been redlined around a few local streets by a potential customer, it will never be the same again.
Old 05-24-2013 | 07:20 PM
holminator
Burning Brakes

I appreciate all the comments. it's a bit cathartic reading them. When my sales guy told me about the commission thing, we both believed that the car would probably not be received by the dealership until later this week (Thursday-Friday). Since the holiday weekend entered into it, the earliest we felt that the car would be ready to go would be Tuesday, May 28th. It turns out that the ship docked on the 10th instead of the 12th so delivery to the dealer was moved up by 2-3 days. I had made a promise to the salesperson that I could wait an extra few days so he would get his commission. It wasn't really his fault about the speedier delivery. Since I do not promise things to people lightly, I felt that I had to honor that promise even if it meant an extra week. It's true that it would have been nice getting the car before the holiday weekend, but since I only work part time at this point (and I live if Florida which has great driving weather almost ever day) I could not see defaulting on a promise. I'll have a lot of great driving days with the car.
So what's the name of the dealership? Tell you what. Tell us on the 1st unless they give you a Martini Racing Polo shirt for free. Pix posted required. It better not be Champion or I will be really pissed. And yes, I know you live close by! I also know for a fact Champion and the Collection read the 991 threads!
Old 05-24-2013 | 10:44 PM
mdkrp
Burning Brakes

I waited a few extra days when my car arrived a little early. The wait was painful but no biggie in the end. The honorable thing to do is to just wait and make sure your sales guy gets the commission.
I believe in building relationships with people and this will not be forgotten by the salesman.
Drive it in good health.
I am loving mine and can't wait to post some pics.
Old 05-24-2013 | 11:11 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mdkrp
I waited a few extra days when my car arrived a little early. The wait was painful but no biggie in the end. The honorable thing to do is to just wait and make sure your sales guy gets the commission.
I believe in building relationships with people and this will not be forgotten by the salesman.
Drive it in good health.
I am loving mine and can't wait to post some pics.
Or the dealership could do the honorable thing and tell a good customer that his car came in early, is ready to be picked up and that the sales manager will make sure the commission ends up where it should.

Seems simple enough but maybe there's a good reason for avoiding that simple and customer friendly solution in favor of dragging customers into internal policy rules that make no sense to an outsider. The car was sold a long time ago so the commission should have been earned no matter who hands over the keys on delivery. Can someone working for a dealership elaborate?
Old 05-25-2013 | 01:40 AM
peewee72
Intermediate

The manager who runs the dealership should be sacked
Old 05-25-2013 | 06:38 AM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

I saw the car last Wednesday when it was being PDI'd. It had 17 miles on it. It better not have any more than that when I finally pick it up.
Old 05-25-2013 | 09:52 PM
meine911
Racer

The dealer's name?

Quick Reply: My 991 arrived but my salesman didn't....