Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 06:46 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Garnet red is nothing else than a new name for Carrera red. Cars are being delivered with garnet red interiors for a couple of months now.

A member of 6speed called "cheesehead" ordered his car in rhodium silver with carrera red interior and there was garnet red on his specs, when he got the car. However, the color is not different from Carrera red.

New options:
- 638 Park Asist front & rear, incl. Backup camera
- XXG Clear Glass taillights for C4 and C4S and Targa models (although this doesn't show up in the render...)
- XTG doorsil trim covered in leather
- XLG Storage compartment lid, covered in Alcantara with "PORSCHE" logo
- XLJ Storage compartment lid, covered in Alcantara with Porsche Crest.

Besides that, one can now select a color with some options, like exterior package painted and some more.

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 03-11-2014, 10:58 AM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Suzy991
New options:
- XXG Clear Glass taillights for C4 and C4S and Targa models (although this doesn't show up in the render...)
does that include the long thin strip in clear glass?
Old 03-11-2014, 11:14 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sfo
does that include the long thin strip in clear glass?
Yes it does. In the German info description it says: Taillights, incl. light bar in clear glass. (in German lagnuage of course haha)

However, the option is not yet visible in the 3D render if you select it. I'm actually very curious how that would look. Normally I'm not a fan of clear taillights, but on the right exterior color... Who knows

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 03-11-2014, 11:34 AM
maxpowers
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

My car is in pre production and I'd like to add the reversing camera if possible. My dealer didn't realize it was available for the C4S.

Is it possible to simply add it to my order or would it change to a whole new order and push me back 6 months?
Old 03-11-2014, 12:08 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by maxpowers
My car is in pre production and I'd like to add the reversing camera if possible. My dealer didn't realize it was available for the C4S. Is it possible to simply add it to my order or would it change to a whole new order and push me back 6 months?
It would push your builddate at least to the production start of MY2015, which is somewhere in june.
These changes are for MY2015 and not available on MY2014 as far as I can tell... Maybe your salesman can get some information from Zuffenhausen on that subject.

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 03-11-2014, 12:10 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by maxpowers
My car is in pre production and I'd like to add the reversing camera if possible. My dealer didn't realize it was available for the C4S.

Is it possible to simply add it to my order or would it change to a whole new order and push me back 6 months?
I tired to add heated steering wheel the day after my order locked on my 981 and couldn't last year. Good luck!
Old 03-11-2014, 02:06 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Garnet red is nothing else than a new name for Carrera red. Cars are being delivered with garnet red interiors for a couple of months now...
Has this ('Garnet Red' leather ='Carrera Red' leather) been actually confirmed by anyone officially at 'Porsche Exclusive'?

I now about Cheesehead's story....his built sheet says 'Garnet' but his PCNA's Certificate of Authenticity says 'Carrera Red'.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...-interior.html

Regardless, we need to know if the two colors are EXACTLY the same, plus the exact color of the stitching used on 'Garnet' (assume is 'Garnet' too). This needs to be confirmed by someone that works for 'Porsche Exclusive'!

New options: - XTG doorsil trim covered in leather
Good you spotted that! We have been waiting for this since the 991 was introduced! I had it on my '12 Spyder and it's just gorgeous, especially with deviating carpeting to show the contrast! What about 'Sunvisors' in Leather? We need that option offered in the 991 like it was on the 997 & 987!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images   
Old 03-11-2014, 02:56 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

I don't have confirmation from Porsche Exclusive, but A month or three/four ago (don't know for sure) I was at my dealership to get a battery charger for my car and at that time there was a GT Silver Boxster in the showroom with "Granatrot" natural leather interior according to the spec sheet. There was also a 991 with the Carrera red interior in the showroom and they absolutely looked the same, so I asked my salesman and he took the Carrera red sample and put it on top of the "Granatrot" interior of the Boxster. I couldn't see any difference and according to him it's just a different name for the same color.

However... This is of course no guarantee that Porsche didn't mess up the spec sheets of some cars and called it garnet red or granatrot, while it was Carrera red. I didn't ask any futher, since I wasn't interested in both cars and there were other customers in the showroom.

Would indeed be nice if there was someone that could give some real confirmation on this subject. I'm not in any ordering process, so there's little chance that I will get this confirmation soon.

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 03-11-2014, 04:52 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

Normally I'm not a fan of clear taillights, but on the right exterior color... Who knows

Suzy (via iOS app)
For me , they are too " albino" or even worse , they recall the Japanese ricer trend 15 yrs ago with the various " Altezza " clear rear lights . Welcome to 1998 , Porsche.
The " clear " option on the 981 Boxster/Cayman is better : smoking the center but keeping a rim of red .

Old 03-11-2014, 05:05 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MKW
For me , they are too " albino" or even worse , they recall the Japanese ricer trend 15 yrs ago with the various " Altezza " clear rear lights . Welcome to 1998 , Porsche. The " clear " option on the 981 Boxster/Cayman is better : smoking the center but keeping a rim of red .
That's exactly how I think about them as well...

But... I have to admit that I recently saw a Rhodium silver 991 S with clear taillights and that didn't look too bad. However... I couldn't help thinking it looked like an Aston Martin. That's better than a Japanese ricer, but a Porsche should look like a Porsche and not like an Aston IMHO.

Darkened taillights of the 981 look very nice. I'm thinking about replacing mine on the Boxster. Dealer asks CHF 700 ($770) for a set, incl. Install.

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 03-15-2014, 05:30 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 125 Posts

Eduardo, thank you for enduring the arrogance of Zuffenhausen for everyone. But where were you in August 2005 when I went into my local dealer to order a factory delivery 997S Cabriolet in Gulf Blue? Of course, months later Porsche came back to state that GB wasn't working with all the 997 materials. I ultimately (third choice) went with Blue Turquoise and resurrected it from the near past and filled it with Natural Brown leather. Several others have copied my color choice so I guess it worked out well all around. PTS: A real bargain by any standard.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:54 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Eduardo, thank you for enduring the arrogance of Zuffenhausen for everyone. But where were you in August 2005 when I went into my local dealer to order a factory delivery 997S Cabriolet in Gulf Blue? Of course, months later Porsche came back to state that GB wasn't working with all the 997 materials. I ultimately (third choice) went with Blue Turquoise and resurrected it from the near past and filled it with Natural Brown leather. Several others have copied my color choice so I guess it worked out well all around. PTS: A real bargain by any standard.
Dan: Your PTS 'Blue Turquoise' Cabriolet continues to be one of the most attractive builds in the 997 era! Proof-positive that a well chosen PTS color in combination with an attractive interior will be a good investment in terms of uniqueness, personal satisfaction and value retention! Even at $5500 today (it was over $1,000 less in 2005), PTS is still a valuable (even wise & strategically smart!) option that is seldom utilized by Porsche customers in the US!

Happy motoring to you in the Santa Barbara area!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images  
Old 03-18-2014, 10:37 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

I just noticed that they've added Carmine red metallic (beautiful color BTW) to the special colors for the 981, but not for the 991... Strange.

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 03-18-2014, 01:05 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

I just noticed that they've added Carmine red metallic (beautiful color BTW) to the special colors for the 981, but not for the 991... Strange. Suzy
Perhaps you should have paid more attention to the answer I directed at you five days ago at 'MY 2015 Options in the online configurator' on this same forum!

Originally Posted by Z356
I found interesting that they added 'Carmine Red Metallic' to the 981 but not to the 991 colors. It's an extra cost 'Special Color', but at least they have it available. 'Carmine Red' has been a very successful Panamera & Cayenne color. Suzy, I'll take up the challenge of your broad critique of the Porsche color palette in a future post. I'm running out of time right now!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8044...l#post11210857
Old 03-18-2014, 01:25 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Ooops.... I did read that indeed!! I think this is a sign that I could have Alzheimer light.....

Now that you mention, I did see it on the US configurator last week...
Strange thing is that they updated the CH configurator yesterday and there wasn't carmine red. Today hiwever, there is.....

I think I need vacation....

Suzy (via iOS app)

Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!