Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY 2015 Options in the online configurator

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 02:23 PM
ny991
Nordschleife Master

Received 164 Likes on 114 Posts

I guess there was something going on. I looked last night, and again this morning and they weren't there. They are now though. That's makes me happier.

Sorry about the false alarm.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:38 PM
MD991
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I have some insight on this. I had an order in for a white 2014 C4S Cab. I really wanted the backup camera and metallic white paint so I called my dealer and asked to see if it can be changed.

Good news - my order was still not locked and can be changed.

Bad news - the options are only available on model year 2015.

I opted to bump my order to a July production for a 2015 model year in order to get the exact options I wanted.

This is going to be a painful wait. Wow.

Also - to answer my own question, a retrofit for the back up camera is unknown. I was told it's not likely but it may be a possibility. So a useless answer really.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:13 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sport Design package for the C2S Cabriolet still shows on the Canadian Configurator
Old 03-12-2014, 07:27 PM
Car25
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MD991

I opted to bump my order to a July production for a 2015 model year in order to get the exact options I wanted.

Ditto on this for me. For my rhodium silver C2S I was able to order the new black/red two-tone interior rather than piecing it out and hoping for the best!
Although difficult waiting, the benefit to me for pushing to the the July build is the $$ savings, color coordination of the interior, and the 2015 MY.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:02 PM
maxpowers
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MD991
So I have some insight on this. I had an order in for a white 2014 C4S Cab. I really wanted the backup camera and metallic white paint so I called my dealer and asked to see if it can be changed.

Good news - my order was still not locked and can be changed.

Bad news - the options are only available on model year 2015.

Also - to answer my own question, a retrofit for the back up camera is unknown. I was told it's not likely but it may be a possibility. So a useless answer really.
My order is in pre production and I was thinking of getting the backup camera. Did moving to a 2015 model year cause the price to increase for what you had already ordered or did the dealer just add the backup camera option?
Old 03-12-2014, 09:34 PM
MD991
Intermediate

Originally Posted by maxpowers

My order is in pre production and I was thinking of getting the backup camera. Did moving to a 2015 model year cause the price to increase for what you had already ordered or did the dealer just add the backup camera option?
I am still not sure. He is sending me the new spec sheet tomorrow. I will update you then.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:36 PM
ny991
Nordschleife Master

Received 164 Likes on 114 Posts

The body packages are there. I've been kicking around upgrading to a GT3, but not sure I want to do without some comfort. I'm looking at a sport design body on a C2S with the X51. I really like the manual, and I was told they can remap the chip for another 30hp on top of the power kit. So the 460hp with the manual is pretty appealing.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:56 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

I can't believe that Porsche kept Lime Gold as an optional color.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:49 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,105 Likes on 664 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Right! And two browns but no green. Don't get me wrong - I have a Mahogany and think Anthracite is lovely, but not a single green shade? For a few years.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:07 PM
MD991
Intermediate

I got confirmation today that MSRP has not changed for 2015.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:36 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
Right! And two browns but no green. Don't get me wrong - I have a Mahogany and think Anthracite is lovely, but not a single green shade? For a few years.
Agreed!
Old 03-13-2014, 12:36 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
I hate green cars, but I do absolutely agree with you that there should be at least one shade of green. Amaranth is gone, while I think that a metallic red color also needs to be in the standard palette. I like the metallic white though, but there's no need for two shades of silver.

Porsche should be ashamed of it's color palette anyways. IMHO it's rediculously limited for a company that claims to have one of the best paint factories in the world. Besides that, their paintjobs aren't that perfect at all.

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 03-13-2014, 12:43 PM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lime Gold is sort of green

just as well no price increase for 2015, 991s are too expensive already
Old 03-13-2014, 02:11 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default On the topic of 'Green'

Originally Posted by gota911
Originally Posted by Suzy991
I hate green cars, but I do absolutely agree with you that there should be at least one shade of green.
As I posted on the 981 forum, I believe this is just the start of the changes. The bigger ones will arrive when they announce MY2016 & the facelift! 'Lime Gold Metallic' for sure will hit the dust. But its one of the few exterior Porsche paints that has it's own color-coordinated leather interiors (photos 1 & 2) & distinctive stitching color thread! That whole color scheme will need to be replaced once they decide to dump this unpopular & slow-selling 'Lime Gold Metallic' hue! So that process needs time to be coordinated with all the interior part suppliers, leather vendors, stitching thread providers, etc.

Interestingly, Germany and Porsche Exclusive apparently still loves 'Lime Gold Metallic'. In fact, 'Porsche Exclusive' recently announced a special edition 991 Turbo in the colors, including parts of the interior!

http://luxurylaunches.com/transport/...-911-turbo.php

Clearly Germans have a fascination for 'green' which is alien to many other nationalities & car markets. Some of you might remember that BMW offered a 'mint green' leather interior in the early 2000's (photo 3). I considered ordering that in my European Delivery MY2004 745i Sport for about 1 nano second...and then went with something else! Today that refreshingly mint interior is a rare sight to see - it was that 'popular' here in the US!

sfo is correct. 'Lime Gold' is sort of 'green'. In fact, a Colorado Porsche dealer is advertising its 'hard-to-sell' Lime Gold left-over MY2013 991 Cabriolet as 'green' in AutoTrader (see photo 4).

Unlike some of you, I positively love certain shades of 'Green' although I don't always agree with the ones the Germans seem to like! However I am very grateful that at least we have so many interesting shades of Green available to us via PTS on a Porsche 991 or 981 today:

Signal Green (historic 911 color)
Viper (historic 911 color)
Green (gt3 RS color)
British Racing Green
Porsche Racing Green
Brewster Green (Club Coupe)
Dark Olive Metallic (historic 911 color)
Jet Green Metallic
Lago Green Metallic (historic 356 color)
Laser Green Metallic
Lichtgrün/Birch Green (historic 911 color)
Ocean Jade Metallic
Malachite Green Metallic
Oak Green Metallic
Peridot Metallic
Emerald Green Metallic
Forest Green Metallic
Vividian Green Metallic
Stone Grey (historic 356 color /sort of 'green' in certain light)

So do we 'Got Green' in the Porsche palette? Yes, we do...if you look at the whole picture!

Originally Posted by Suzy991
Amaranth is gone, while I think that a metallic red color also needs to be in the standard palette. I like the metallic white though, but there's no need for two shades of silver.

Porsche should be ashamed of it's color palette anyways. IMHO it's rediculously limited for a company that claims to have one of the best paint factories in the world. Besides that, their paintjobs aren't that perfect at all.
I found interesting that they added 'Carmine Red Metallic' to the 981 but not to the 991 colors. It's an extra cost 'Special Color', but at least they have it available. 'Carmine Red' has been a very successful Panamera & Cayenne color. Suzy, I'll take up the challenge of your broad critique of the Porsche color palette in a future post. I'm running out of time right now!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Attached Images     

Last edited by Z356; 03-13-2014 at 05:58 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 03-14-2014, 12:04 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Oh, my eyes!

Edwardo, next time give us a little warning, something like "the following pictures may cause permanent retina damage" would suffice.

Quick Reply: MY 2015 Options in the online configurator