Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 11:45 PM
lromanosky
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those two Cayenne GTS are painted Carmine Red, and have the Carmine Red Interior pkg which includes the heavily bolsted seats, alcantera seat centers and door panel centres along with the Carmine Red contrast stitch, Belts, and 'GTS' embroidery on the headrests. One has the Painted PCM and gauges and one has the Painted Air vent slats. I also just did a killer Panamera E-Hybrid in this combo.

I will post photos of Guards Red, Carmine Red and Carrera Red stitch next week.

Cheers,
Lawrence
Calgary, Canada
Old 02-18-2014, 01:40 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default 'Tangerine / Blutorange' rejected by Porsche for PTS

Some sad news to report. I was over at the Rennteam website and came upon this news on a post from DaveC in Florida:

'I requested a feability check for Blutorange/Tangerine (018) back in June 13 and it was turned down last month. Evidently the color, even an old Porsche color, must be tested on all the potential painted surfaces for several months determining fade and wear durability.'

Back in early May of 2013, I assisted DaveC in locating an old PTS color chip of 'Blutorange/Tangerine 018' through my contacts at 'Porsche Exclusive' in Germany (see attached below). The color apparently failed the fade test, although Dave is speculating that perhaps PAG is keeping it reserved as a future 'Limited Edition' color for a special model (e.g. 991 RS). Regardless, the color has been rejected for PTS. Below I have also attached the last PCNA list of approved PTS colors that I know of.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images  
Attached Images
Old 02-23-2014, 03:34 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

For those looking to see how Full Espresso leather with full Racing Yellow deviating stitching looks like, Walters has a GT Silver 991 Turbo S now with it........totally rocks!
My order is Full Espresso leather with full deviating stitching in Peridot on my Targa 4S.

http://walters.porschedealer.com/new...45313/info.php

Cheers,

Henry
Old 02-23-2014, 04:56 PM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lromanosky
And Carmine Red Stitch (on Cayenne GTS)
i know i was specifically hounding you for these pictures so thank you kindly, Lawrence. i greatly appreciate it.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:06 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default PTS in Viper Green, Voodoo Blue, Gulf Orange, Fashion Grey, Aetna & Mexico Blue'!

I was over at Pistonheads Forum and came across these photos of some recent PTS 981's. Perhaps many of you have not yet seen some of these PTS colors in a current Porsche (my first of the currently available 'Viper Green', for example), so I thought I would repeat a post I just added to my other thread on 'Custom Ordering a 981':

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...and-you-6.html

"I have to congratulate Porsche Center Glasgow (known as OPC Glasgow/Scotland) for their creative builds.

http://www.porschehost.com/home.asp?opc=15

OPC Glasgow (custom ordered) the following Porsches: 'Viper Green' (shade & sunlight), 'Voodoo Blue', 'Gulf Orange', 'Fashion Grey', 'Aetna/Etna Blue' & 'Mexico Blue' 981 Boxsters! These photos were posted recently at Pistonheads Forum in Britain. I have yet to see here in the US any current Porsche 981 model that has been ordered in these terrific colors, other than 'Mexico Blue'! I wish Porsche dealers in the US would get the 'creative' fever and start ordering Porsches in these daring PTS colors!

PS- At least one 991 has been ordered in 'Aetna/Etna Blue' - custom ordered by a Rennlister & currently owned by another Rennlister!"

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images          
Old 03-03-2014, 09:49 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Any updates to the approved PTS list?

Much appreciated, as always, Eduardo! (And everyone else posting their invaluable insight on this thread.)

Edit: Oops, just saw the latest PDF was posted mid-Feb above. Thanks, Eduardo!

Last edited by GreenLantern; 03-03-2014 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Missed the Feb 17 update by Eduardo above (PDF was attached).
Old 03-03-2014, 10:21 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Any updates to the approved PTS list?

Much appreciated, as always, Eduardo! (And everyone else posting their invaluable insight on this thread.)

Edit: Oops, just saw the latest PDF was posted mid-Feb above. Thanks, Eduardo!
There should be an update this spring (2014) before the PTS window opens in June or so for MY2015 991 & 981. Hope someone will post it here as soon as its available from PCNA!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-03-2014, 10:29 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z356
There should be an update this spring (2014) before the PTS window opens in June or so for MY2015 991 & 981. Hope someone will post it here as soon as its available from PCNA!
+1

Thanks for the details, Eduardo!
Old 03-04-2014, 08:10 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Z356
I wish Porsche dealers in the US would get the 'creative' fever and start ordering Porsches in these daring PTS colors!
Looks like a custom order 991 and now for sale in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. 'Fashion Grey', otherwise known as 'Mode Grau'. Early 1950's 356 color...now available via PTS at Porsche. Nearly a $160K MSRP original sticker!!!! I am not affiliated with the seller in any manner & just posting for novelty of this 'elegant' PTS color.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...66980012&Log=0

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images  
Old 03-04-2014, 09:38 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

The 'Clueless Dealer Award' this month goes to Aristocrat Motors in Merriam, Kansas (otherwise a very distinguished dealer group), who lists the following PTS 2012 .2 997 Turbo as 'Aqua Blue Metallic' in their website!

http://www.aristocratmotors.com/vehi...-ks-id-6120400

It's not even a 'metallic' color, for heaven's sake! I happen to like the after-delivery applied 'Orange' stripe right down the middle too! To some it might look as 'Gulf Blue', but that color wasn't approved for PTS until fairly recently during the 991 period. You may remember that there was a beautiful .2 997 gt3 RS ordered in 'Meissen Blue' (the late fifties' 356 color) a few years back (second photo). I don't see 'Meissen Blue' on the currently approved 991/981 PTS list, but it's a great historic Porsche color. If someone is a customer of Aristocrat, could you kindly ask them to check the 'colour' on their vehicle's gas lid and tell us the cipher for this beautiful PTS color!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images   
Old 03-04-2014, 09:40 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 14 Posts

That is an interesting car. PT, full leather, PCCB's...a lot going on. Would love to see better pics.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:10 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default MY2014 PTS 'Signal Green' 991S available....

I received an email this morning re: a dealer-specced MY2014 991S custom order in PTS 'Signal Green'. Looks like an interesting build. It should arrive later this Spring at the dealership here in the USA. 'Signal Green' is a non-metallic color. The color formula used on this one will be the currently PTS-approved '22S' for 'Signal Green' (offered in the early 1990's by Porsche), not the more recent 'W25' formula of 'Signal Green' used for my 2007 997 Carrera S! The color should look something like 964 in the attached first photo, since that is the period when this formula was last used as a special factory offering for this color! The second photo is of my 'W25' 'Signal Green' coupe!

The PTS window is currently closed. So no PTS can be ordered for the remaining production of the MY2014 991 or 981. If anyone is interested in this 'Signal Green' 991S, pm or email me & I'll refer you to the dealer who ordered on spec this particular vehicle! I have no affiliation or any other arrangement with this dealership. I just think it's a fascinating color which might be of interest to someone here at Rennlist!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images     
Old 03-07-2014, 11:52 AM
LLB
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Special Order 991S in Mexico Blue

Hi guys~

I ordered a 2014 PTS Mexico Blue 991S in early October 2013...needless to say, she is not yet in my garage. She is scheduled at the dealer the 28th of this month. Pretty long wait and have to assume, based on this forum, that the PTS was the holdup...not to mention dealer allocation.

I have found this experience pretty painful. Six months seems terribly long and I'm thinking a sophisticated company like Porsche should be able to figure a way to process PTS orders more quickly. Maybe more people would order PTS if the wait wasn't so extensive...and if they would not be so secretive about it.

My present 911 has a heavily optioned interior...full leather, accent stitching door, dash, seats...so this time I went with a sexier exterior...and it is taking a lot longer. But I think I'm gonna love that color!!!!
Old 03-10-2014, 04:16 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LLB
I have found this experience pretty painful. Six months seems terribly long and I'm thinking a sophisticated company like Porsche should be able to figure a way to process PTS orders more quickly. Maybe more people would order PTS if the wait wasn't so extensive...and if they would not be so secretive about it.
I know this might sound annoying to you, given the pain you describe, but I think that's kind of the point. If it was super easy to do, everyone would / might do it. PTS cars are special. They're meant to be special, rare, etc.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:43 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default 991 PCNA Configurator Changes Today

As Maxpowers alerted us in Forum a few hours ago, PCNA's configurator showing some key changes today. Not clear yet if for MY2015 Only or if includes balance of MY2014 production!

Among the highlights:

1) 'Carrera Red' Leather interior replaced by totally new 'Garnet Red' as one of two choices in Special/Natural Leathers.

2) 'Black/Garnet Red' is now offered as an additional 'Two Tone' offering. With appropriate deviating stitching as with previous 'Two Tones' (Black/Luxor Beige, Agate/Pebble Grey, Black/Platinum Grey). Since the 'Black' portion is not a Natural leather, it doesn't qualify for a Natural Two Tone as does 'Espresso/Cognac'. This is bound to be a popular option since there has been numerous request for Porsche to offer a coordinated 'Black/Red' interior for ages. They finally allowed a 'Black/Carrera Red' in the 991 Turbo S and this brings new offering (albeit with Garnet) brings it to all other 991 models!

3) New Metallic Paints offering: 'Jet Black Metallic' (instead of 'Basalt Black') and 'Carrara White Metallic'.

4) Park Assist with Reversing Camera (no surprise - it's mandatory for US for new Model Year).

Hope others can add what other changes they have noticed in the PCNA configurator!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Attached Images    

Last edited by Z356; 03-11-2014 at 05:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!