Sponsored by:

2M Sport Cat Poor Fitment

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2022, 04:04 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,320 Posts

I'm with the others here -- I think you lost any ground you had by proceeding to modify the item and use it.

best of luck, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old 09-13-2022, 04:05 PM
desking101
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Brock69
Thanks that is some good advice. This company is now buying fake 5 star google reviews from obviously fake profiles, I don't want more people to get scammed.

Common tactic with some of these online companies. FYI my 2M bypass pipes fit fine and had no CEL even before the new tune, but cheap companies like this will always be hit or miss. 75% will fit just fine, the rest will have issues. It's inconsistency in manufacturing mainly, like buying eBay splitters/spoilers etc. There's always a good chance you will get a bad one
Old 09-13-2022, 04:09 PM
Brock69
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by asellus
I'm with the others here -- I think you lost any ground you had by proceeding to modify the item and use it.

best of luck, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
I'm not using it. It's in my garage. It didn't fit. I asked him for a solution, he said it fits. My mechanic is also a fabrication shop who offered to make it fit. It fits now, but throws codes. He claims they don't throw codes and we are wrong. It's already off my car and replaced with the soul cats. I have repeatedly asked him to provide a label to ship them back to him but he won't respond to me.
Old 09-13-2022, 04:26 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I'm not using it. It's in my garage. It didn't fit. I asked him for a solution, he said it fits. My mechanic is also a fabrication shop who offered to make it fit. It fits now, but throws codes. He claims they don't throw codes and we are wrong. It's already off my car and replaced with the soul cats. I have repeatedly asked him to provide a label to ship them back to him but he won't respond to me.
doesn't matter -- you modified it and used it.
Old 09-13-2022, 04:38 PM
Brock69
Advanced

oh ok so that makes it ok that they lied about their product.
Old 09-13-2022, 04:40 PM
Brock69
Advanced

modifications are fine per their own policy
Old 09-13-2022, 04:41 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

oh ok so that makes it ok that they lied about their product.
Not sure what kind of mental gymnastics are being done here to make this leap -- can you very specifically point out where I said these words, please?

In the meantime, what I said is that you lost your basis of argument when you proceeded to modify and use the item.

It's like ordering a pizza, eating all of it, then calling the pizza place and demanding a refund because it wasn't what you ordered. That ship has sailed.
Old 09-13-2022, 04:42 PM
Brock69
Advanced

Not sure what kind of mental gymnastics are being done here to make this leap -- can you very specifically point out where I said these words, please?

In the meantime, what I said is that you lost your basis of argument when you proceeded to modify and use the item.

It's like ordering a pizza, eating all of it, then calling the pizza place and demanding a refund because it wasn't what you ordered. That ship has sailed.
So theoretically, if it fit fine and I put it on my car and it threw a check engine light for o2 codes 50 miles later I still wouldn't have an argument? Even though their website and their reply to me states I will not throw codes?
Old 09-13-2022, 05:03 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

So theoretically, if it fit fine and I put it on my car and it threw a check engine light for o2 codes 50 miles later I still wouldn't have an argument? Even though their website and their reply to me states I will not throw codes?
... no? What gave you that idea?

In this theoretical, that would be considered a "manufacturing defect" and should be covered by their warranty. The modification to the part can easily be pointed to as a reason why you're getting o2 CELs -- for instance, whoever modified the part broke the cat mesh.

Additionally, the catted o2 spacers you were using very explicitly state that there is no guarantee from 2M whatsoever that they will prevent CELs.
Old 09-13-2022, 05:08 PM
Brock69
Advanced

... no? What gave you that idea?

In this theoretical, that would be considered a "manufacturing defect" and should be covered by their warranty. The modification to the part can easily be pointed to as a reason why you're getting o2 CELs -- for instance, whoever modified the part broke the cat mesh.

Additionally, the catted o2 spacers you were using very explicitly state that there is no guarantee from 2M whatsoever that they will prevent CELs.
No one touched or damaged the cat mesh. His response to me getting CEL was that I must have not installed the spacers correctly. I didn't even realize they were relying on spacers for the no CEL. It mentions nothing about them on the listing. This is what it shows:

Old 09-13-2022, 05:19 PM
thesaintusa
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 294 Posts

As @asellus said, in that situation you would in this specific situation be able to do a charge back as the product was not damaged.

Even if they had an issue, your CC would back you.

Old 09-13-2022, 05:21 PM
Brock69
Advanced

Originally Posted by thesaintusa
As @asellus said, in that situation you would in this specific situation be able to do a charge back as the product was not damaged.

Even if they had an issue, your CC would back you.
By their own policy on modifications what I did was fine. If this part was ever going to bolt on to any 911 it would have needed to be modified
Old 09-13-2022, 05:22 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,432 Likes on 827 Posts

modifications are fine per their own policy
no, you have to read more closely. They seem to warranty the item for manufacturing defects and won't void that warranty if the modification didn't cause the issue. They don't warranty the item for not causing check engine lights, nor would any exhaust company. In this instance, you shortened a pipe. They could now argue that this changes the way the exhaust flow hits the 02 sensor or some other bs. Bottom line, you gave them an out.
Old 09-13-2022, 05:24 PM
Brock69
Advanced

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
no, you have to read more closely. They seem to warranty the item for manufacturing defects and won't void that warranty if the modification didn't cause the issue. They don't warranty the item for not causing check engine lights, nor would any exhaust company. In this instance, you shortened a pipe. They could now argue that this changes the way the exhaust flow hits the 02 sensor or some other bs. Bottom line, you gave them an out.
we'll see. paypal almost always sides with the buyer
Old 09-13-2022, 05:35 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

No one touched or damaged the cat mesh.
mmmmm gonna go ahead and say you aren't able to actually say this for certain. Did you perform the modifications? Did you handle the item during shipping? Could have been dropped. The vibrations from a dull hacksaw blade cutting up the exhaust could have jarred loose the comb. Tons of things could have happened that you cannot verify.

I'm also noticing something here.

Can you clarify the following dates please:

1) When you received the item
2) When you attempted installation of the item
3) When you modified the item
4) When you alerted 2M that the item did not fit

Quick Reply: 2M Sport Cat Poor Fitment