Sponsored by:

2M Sport Cat Poor Fitment

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2022, 04:17 PM
Brock69
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by spdracerut
I just bought a GESI core for about $700 for a project. A single core. Of course, still have to fab up the rest of it. You can cheap out on the core, but it will fail faster. And end up with these check engine lights.
They are pricy for sure but $3700 or $4000+ that some of these companies charge for 2 cats is an insult.
The following users liked this post:
cbredesen (06-20-2023)
Old 09-03-2022, 05:36 PM
LWG
Burning Brakes

Received 638 Likes on 236 Posts

You Stated the CEL will not go off, so you were able to fit them? Or was that done with modification? Sucks about the fitment but if you got them on, thats good.

Regarding the CEL your car is likely finicky. I run cat-less on my .2 GTS with the mini cat o2 extenders. Keeps the car happy. My friend runs them on his cat-less .2 T. Also works.

Old 09-03-2022, 05:44 PM
Brock69
Advanced

Originally Posted by LWG
You Stated the CEL will not go off, so you were able to fit them? Or was that done with modification? Sucks about the fitment but if you got them on, thats good.

Regarding the CEL your car is likely finicky. I run cat-less on my .2 GTS with the mini cat o2 extenders. Keeps the car happy. My friend runs them on his cat-less .2 T. Also works.
Yep they cut down the sides that were too long and added v-bands to make it work. I would just keep them but I can't get it to stop throwing CEL codes. They came with mini cat O2 spacers but with them installed I get a too lean P2720 code. I moved them around with the adjustable nut and now I get too rich codes. I tried without the spacer and I get a catalyst efficiency code. No good.
Old 09-05-2022, 01:09 PM
Brock69
Advanced

This guy needs help.
Old 09-05-2022, 03:56 PM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 354 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Brock69
They are pricy for sure but $3700 or $4000+ that some of these companies charge for 2 cats is an insult.
Exactly why we stopped making them, high end Cat prices went through the roof. Multitudes higher than the 15% labor and +40% stainless cost increases we've had over the last couple of years. Even for a product with above standard quality and performance, I don't see anyone paying the cost of admission.
Old 09-12-2022, 08:04 PM
Brock69
Advanced

The saga is over. I had Soul performance cats installed today and no more CEL. I have repeatedly asked for a return shipping label from 2M and received no response so I asked my CC to chargeback.
Soul Performance (09-13-2022)
Old 09-12-2022, 09:12 PM
Pakman996-991.2
Instructor

Received 127 Likes on 73 Posts

The saga is over. I had Soul performance cats installed today and no more CEL. I have repeatedly asked for a return shipping label from 2M and received no response so I asked my CC to chargeback.
FYI I have a set of used SOUL headers heading to the rennlist marketplace soon. PM me if you are interested
Old 09-13-2022, 08:44 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,403 Likes on 812 Posts

Their customer service sucks but how do you think you can modify parts and then do a chargeback?

Once they didnt fit, you took a gamble and lost. You should absolutely tell the world they suck, and they clearly do, but a chargeback is not ethical either

Last edited by Quadcammer; 09-13-2022 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-13-2022, 09:32 AM
Brock69
Advanced

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
Their customer service sucks but how do you think you can modify parts and then do a chargeback?

Once they didnt fit, you took a gamble and lost. You should absolutely tell the word they suck, and they clearly do, but a chaegeback is not ethical either
Chargeback has nothing to do with the fitment. I got them to fit it's whatever. But he claims no CEL and ii am throwing codes non-stop.
Bud Taylor (09-13-2022)
Old 09-13-2022, 10:37 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Chargeback has nothing to do with the fitment. I got them to fit it's whatever. But he claims no CEL and ii am throwing codes non-stop.
thats the chance you took when you bought some no name product from quite frankly a bunch of clowns (given their website).

Old 09-13-2022, 10:40 AM
thesaintusa
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 290 Posts

The issue is that the parts were modified, and you would be returning a part that was altered from what they sent out.

The fact that you are throwing a CEL does not matter b/c they can refuse receiving a product that was altered.

I would have to agree @Quadcammer that a chargeback in this situation is not just unethical, but inappropriate. Curious to see how the CC responds if 2M tells them that you altered the part and that is the reason they are refusing to refund your monies.

Let us know what happens.

Sh*tty situation.
Old 09-13-2022, 10:49 AM
Brock69
Advanced

thats the chance you took when you bought some no name product from quite frankly a bunch of clowns (given their website).
It says on their website "direct bolt on installation with no modifications required" wasn't true. It also says "no check engine light" wasn't true. I emailed him before the order asking to be sure that there will be no CEL and he said no they do not throw a CEL.

He doesn't take returns without a 35% restocking fee. I'm not taking a 35% hit because his item wasn't as described. He said it fits and I need to find another mechanic. I don't see how this isn't completely justified unless you think I should have paid a 35% restocking fee.
Old 09-13-2022, 10:56 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

It says on their website "direct bolt on installation with no modifications required" wasn't true. It also says "no check engine light" wasn't true. I emailed him before the order asking to be sure that there will be no CEL and he said no they do not throw a CEL.

He doesn't take returns without a 35% restocking fee. I'm not taking a 35% hit because his item wasn't as described. He said it fits and I need to find another mechanic. I don't see how this isn't completely justified unless you think I should have paid a 35% restocking fee.
Consider for a minute who you bought this from. If after reading their FAQ page, you still ordered, I don't know what to tell you.

Once it didn't fit, you should have returned it (on your dime), and filed a chargeback.

You purchased the item knowing about a 35% restocking fee. Do I think thats a fair amount? Of course not...but you knew or should have known about it.

Again, you took a chance on a cheap part sold by some no name company which is clearly telling the world on their website they are definitely NOT about customer service. It just happens to be a $1,000 lesson. Now if you wanted to return it and threaten some bad press or whatever in order to get a more full refund, I'd say thats fair game.
Old 09-13-2022, 11:04 AM
Brock69
Advanced

Consider for a minute who you bought this from. If after reading their FAQ page, you still ordered, I don't know what to tell you.

Once it didn't fit, you should have returned it (on your dime), and filed a chargeback.

You purchased the item knowing about a 35% restocking fee. Do I think thats a fair amount? Of course not...but you knew or should have known about it.

Again, you took a chance on a cheap part sold by some no name company which is clearly telling the world on their website they are definitely NOT about customer service. It just happens to be a $1,000 lesson. Now if you wanted to return it and threaten some bad press or whatever in order to get a more full refund, I'd say thats fair game.
I'm aware it was a risk. I sent him photos before I had them modified to fit, asking for a refund or replacement and he was unwilling to help. He is clearly selling a product that does not function as advertised. I even said I would be amenable to a partial refund to cover the cost of having them cut and he said no. This was before I did anything. I paid with Paypal and disputed it as "item not as described". I will undoubtedly win the dispute and I am already sending the item back to him.
Old 09-13-2022, 11:04 AM
thesaintusa
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 290 Posts

I think the above bolded sentence is the key. The CC would have ZERO issues in this situation. But if the product was altered (or damaged as the seller will claim) then your CC is not obligated to accept your chargeback request.

Quick Reply: 2M Sport Cat Poor Fitment