Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4.0 Mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2021, 02:20 AM
Nathan_
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

They can’t make changes over the air to the ECU without additional hardware or just connecting to a laptop in the car. A development license simply means the ECU will allow developer signed code to be sent to it without first having to be published via the MoTeC online platform.

Have the basics to run the engine been done like characterising the injectors? Who were you dealing with in Aus? Darren? What about physical connections, did they already make the loom
adaptor to allow the ECU to plug in to the OEM loom?
Old 08-16-2021, 02:33 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,262 Likes on 667 Posts

Originally Posted by Nathan_

Have the basics to run the engine been done like characterising the injectors? Who were you dealing with in Aus? Darren? What about physical connections, did they already make the loom
adaptor to allow the ECU to plug in to the OEM loom?
Nothing has been done, besides reading my ECU.

I think they wanted to see if it was similar to past models.

Daniel Elias from Calibrated Performance. They do the software for MoTeC.
The following users liked this post:
Nathan_ (08-16-2021)
Old 08-16-2021, 02:50 AM
Nathan_
Instructor

MoTeC definitely write software in house, Darren wrote the GTR stuff for example so the torque model for twin clutch boxes etc. Guess they might outsource some stuff if they are busy.

I will make a call and see if I can get more info on the project, I’m not sure how big the market is - I suspect the demographic of 911 owners is generally much more conservative in terms of modifying cars relative to say GTR or GR Yaris owners?

Old 08-16-2021, 02:52 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

MoTeC definitely write software in house, Darren wrote the GTR stuff for example so the torque model for twin clutch boxes etc. Guess they might outsource some stuff if they are busy.

I will make a call and see if I can get more info on the project, I’m not sure how big the market is - I suspect the demographic of 911 owners is generally much more conservative in terms of modifying cars relative to say GTR or GR Yaris owners?
Are you in Australia? What state?
Old 08-16-2021, 03:03 AM
Nathan_
Instructor

I am in the UK mate.

I set up a MoTeC dealer years ago (wrote M1 software there, stuff like motorsport paddleshift, Noble M600 etc), sold that to concentrate on new business (motorsport telemetry). The Telemetry stuff is now well established and considering options building a team out for writing control software again…
Old 08-16-2021, 03:07 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

I am in the UK mate.

I set up a MoTeC dealer years ago (wrote M1 software there, stuff like motorsport paddleshift, Noble M600 etc), sold that to concentrate on new business (motorsport telemetry). The Telemetry stuff is now well established and considering options building a team out for writing control software again…
Cool, then Kick Syvecs up the clacker for not being interested in our Carrera GTS at all. 🤣

Does Syvecs and MoTeC not realise the size of the Carrera market now they are all turbo?

I understand zero interest when they were N/a.

But dude, these things hammer!!! We need more control. COBB won’t do jack now Mitch has bailed. He’s too interested in McLarens.

APR have been promising for over a year and delivered squat.

Its really down to MoTeC as Syvecs are disinterested.
Old 08-18-2021, 04:10 AM
Nathan_
Instructor

Will PM you
4 Point 0 (08-18-2021)
Old 08-18-2021, 06:48 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Eccentric washer?

So this looks like the factory RAS delete bar has an eccentric washer for a little toe adjustment.

Might lock that out neutral/centred so it can’t slip when i fit the adjustable Tarett one.

Just waiting on the E-Motion lower fork to arrive.

Last edited by 4 Point 0; 08-18-2021 at 06:49 AM.
Old 08-18-2021, 12:24 PM
thesaintusa
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 290 Posts

@4 Point 0 Do you daily drive your 911? What are you using for track alignment and how do you find it on the street?

Old 08-18-2021, 02:48 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by thesaintusa
@4 Point 0 Do you daily drive your 911? What are you using for track alignment and how do you find it on the street?
Yes, I daily drive it. It’s the most awesome thing to drive. Everything else is just disappointing.

The tractive is so good, i now drive in full race mode on the street. I don’t soften anything. I do put it in poseur sport mode for the cracks and pops on the street. Sport plus on track to take it to redline. On the street, it feels like you don’t need brakes. It just is never tested. It takes super human restraint, not to get arrested.

The car is rock solid. It does not dart around, and it does not tram line, like my old M4 used to.

It’s the perfect targa car.

I run -4.0 Camber up front. Apt with my board name. I’m unsure on rear. It was -2.8 when front was only -3.2. I’ll have to check with my race mechanic that sets the car up.

I would have thought the fronts would chop out at -4.0. But looking at tyre wear, it looks like i could go more. The car really came alive at -4.0.

I believe its toe that chops tyres out, not neg camber like most believe.

Look at how fine the inside of tyre is, its almost new.

Neg -4.0
Old 08-18-2021, 03:20 PM
AlexZTuned
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
I run -4.0 Camber up front. Apt with my board name.
And here I was thinking it was because you worshipped the 4.0L like most Porschefiles 👍

You've done a tremendous and thorough job with your build, and I love seeing its progress - keep it up!
4 Point 0 (08-18-2021)
Old 08-18-2021, 03:27 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
And here I was thinking it was because you worshipped the 4.0L like most Porschefiles 👍

You've done a tremendous and thorough job with your build, and I love seeing its progress - keep it up!
There were a few other reasons for the 4.0. I ordered a GT3 when they were first released here. But when looking at a dyno comparing a GTS to GT3, it reminded me of M4 vs V8 m3.

I knew with a tune, the GTS would destroy a GT3. I have video lol. The GT3 is not even in the race.

Singer is coming to Australia. When this covid rubbish eases and I can fly again, i want to check them out. I think a Singer in the garage woukd make a great weekend car. You just know I would track it as well. 🤣
Old 08-18-2021, 03:27 PM
thesaintusa
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 290 Posts

Thanks for the post and sharing your knowledge. Agree that the GTS as a DD is fantastic.

I agree that (-)ve camber alone is tolerated as long as the toe is set.

Just did my first track day this past weekend in my 911 GTS and I absolutely loved it! I loved the car before the track event, and afterwards love it even more. As everybody knows the PDK is sublime at the track.

Clocked in 150 km over 4 1/2 sessions, kept traction control on, and was surprised at how it was not in your face. Last 2 sessions passing permitted on the straights which I took advantage of
Zero issues in 30-35C temps. A few Audis and the C8 Vette had heat management issues as the day went on.
Kept bleeding air to manage tire pressures.
Was running the OEM P-Zeros (currently at 16k km), and was expecting them to DIE/need replacing, but they held up VERY well. Apparently my driving was smooth.

Was impressed how quick the GTS was, and surprised that I pulled nicely on a 992 CS and a C8 on the longest straight, topped out at 225 kph before hammering the brakes They were not impressed
4 Point 0 (08-18-2021)
Old 08-18-2021, 03:36 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by thesaintusa
Thanks for the post and sharing your knowledge. Agree that the GTS as a DD is fantastic.

I agree that (-)ve camber alone is tolerated as long as the toe is set.

Just did my first track day this past weekend in my 911 GTS and I absolutely loved it! I loved the car before the track event, and afterwards love it even more. As everybody knows the PDK is sublime at the track.

Clocked in 150 km over 4 1/2 sessions, kept traction control on, and was surprised at how it was not in your face. Last 2 sessions passing permitted on the straights which I took advantage of
Zero issues in 30-35C temps. A few Audis and the C8 Vette had heat management issues as the day went on.
Kept bleeding air to manage tire pressures.
Was running the OEM P-Zeros (currently at 16k km), and was expecting them to DIE/need replacing, but they held up VERY well. Apparently my driving was smooth.

Was impressed how quick the GTS was, and surprised that I pulled nicely on a 992 CS and a C8 on the longest straight, topped out at 225 kph before hammering the brakes They were not impressed
Oh man, you brought so many memories flooding back.

The great news is, every other tyre is considerably better than the stock ones. 🤣

Cup2 was a big step up.
TrofeoR another huge step up.
Cup2-R transforms the car.

You will burn rear brake pads by leaving full traction on. Its a different car with half off and it is pure with full off. Work up to it. It will save you dollars on rear pads. I killed a brand new set of oem pads in 3 x 20min sessions from brand new leaving t/c on. Full off i burn 4-5 sets of fronts to one rear.
thesaintusa (08-18-2021)
Old 08-18-2021, 04:04 PM
AlexZTuned
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 127 Posts

Love Singer. I've yet to see one in person even here in the states. I have a slightly concerning obsession with the Gunther Werks also. The pure carbon bodies, lightweight, hulk width, and incredible attention to detail like Singer just has me drooling.

One day...

Quick Reply: 4.0 Mods