Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Huntington damaged my car...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 03:16 PM
garudatwo
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Sean and his team has worked on my cars for years now, never had an issue with them.
The following users liked this post:
The Ox (09-27-2019)
Old 09-27-2019, 03:24 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
Who the bad actors are. For some reason a lot (not all) car dealers are slimy. I say call them out and hold them accountable for their actions in the public eye. Eventually the number of bad actors diminishes as they are no longer in business. Long live yelp...I read it and then go eat. 4.5 stars almost always means the food/service is good.
Agreed, just not about the food thing so much. Sadly nearly every business has fake/shilled reviews nowadays... I give more attention to the 1-3 star reviews than I do the 5 star reviews. Typically 2-4 star reviews are the most honest.

Seen a few shops/restaurants out here lately that offers a free meal/discounted service if you bring in a copy of your review. Whose going to walk in with a bad review for the bribe?

If a place has nothing but 5 star reviews, tread lightly. Lots of places pay big bucks to have them taken down.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:49 PM
ELS
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Porsche Huntington provided a loaner car after Sean Drove this vehicle for 30 minutes, verifying the vibration issue at 1100 RPM. 19 days later, they now claim its normal........HMMM........Apparently their carrier’s expert had a different opinion. My comprehensive carrier deemed this a total loss! Notice how they don’t reply. My documentation alone states the facts. Let’s get some feedback here from Huntington. I’ve graciously offered a face to face discussion, but they keep hiding!
Old 09-27-2019, 03:57 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by ELS
Porsche Huntington provided a loaner car after Sean Drove this vehicle for 30 minutes, verifying the vibration issue at 1100 RPM. 19 days later, they now claim its normal........HMMM........Apparently their carrier’s expert had a different opinion. My comprehensive carrier deemed this a total loss! Notice how they don’t reply. My documentation alone states the facts. Let’s get some feedback here from Huntington. I’ve graciously offered a face to face discussion, but they keep hiding!
Sorry to hear. That's total B.S. and I've noticed that this has become normal business practice for many businesses. They hope you will go away and that you don't have the will/courage to hire an attorney or a professional.
Old 09-27-2019, 04:10 PM
ELS
Intermediate

My paramount concern is to make sure there’s no other vehicles out there with this issue. Especially those with young children. I’m deeply troubled that a dangerous vehicle was deemed safe. This is extremely serious.
Old 09-27-2019, 04:25 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,245 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by garudatwo
Sean and his team has worked on my cars for years now, never had an issue with them.
If my car wasn't (accidentally) damaged by the dealership, than I wouldn't have any issue either. So it's tough to say, until you are put in that position.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't updated this in a few days. I was planning to update once everything was complete, but since it was bumped....

Sean and I had a positive conversation on Monday. Most likely, I will be dropping my car off at a very well reviewed high quality body shop sometime next week for repairs. Will be sure to update once repairs are completed, but it sounds like things are moving in the right direction and looking forward to bringing this to a resolution.

Last edited by AdamSanta85; 09-27-2019 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:31 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,222 Likes on 739 Posts

Glad to hear that things seem to have been resolved. Hoping for the best for you.
Old 12-04-2022, 05:03 PM
Sakpase1
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down Stay away from South Shore Porsche in Freeport, NY

Originally Posted by ericmeds
Sorry to see this happen.

I highly recommend Chris & team at Porsche South Shore. I once left my car with Gold Coast and received the car back with +58 miles on it.
Christ is very imcompetent stay away from South shore porsche in freeport. Took my car to them to program two keys. Now they wipe all the keys clean and they told me the original the car came with is not the car key and the car can't start. That incompent service manager whose name is Christopher asked me what is my address to tow my car to after I drove to the dealer with a drive able car. When I told him I need to drive the car off and refused to tow my car anywhere else because this is the porsche dealer and they screwed up to fix my car he threatened to put a to put a mechanical lien on my car. I never heard of anyone or even worst the porsche dealer damage your car and want to throw it on your face. I will call corporate and report his nasty behavior tomorrow and hope they get my car started.
ELS (12-04-2022)
Old 12-04-2022, 05:25 PM
ELS
Intermediate

Have the car towed out of the dealership immediately. Contacting Porsche corporate is absolutely fruitless. Post your experience on Google and every single forum you can find. My current Porsche experience has been absolutely flawless, ever since I've given up on these inferior dealerships. My independent Porsche mechanic is far superior to any dealership. If you're still fired up about the rude service manager, get in his face......after they tow your vehicle home.

Last edited by ELS; 12-04-2022 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-04-2022, 05:41 PM
Sakpase1
Track Day

Originally Posted by ELS
Have the car towed out of the dealership immediately. Contacting Porsche corporate is absolutely fruitless. Post your experience on Google and every single forum you can find. My current Porsche experience has been absolutely flawless, ever since I've given up on these inferior dealerships. My independent Porsche mechanic is far superior to any dealership. If you're still fired up about the rude service manager, get in his face......after they tow your vehicle home.
I normally fix my own car. I only go to the stealer for recalled didnt want to take the car to a locksmith figure the dealer would have been better. They messed the car up and asked me where I want them to tow it. Very embarrassing I would have never expect such a thing from a porsche dealer. Will find out what the deal is with corporate tomorrow. Will definetly escalate this issue further if they refused to fix it. This guy Christopeher should have never been a store manager with his attitude and his stupidity smh
Old 12-04-2022, 05:42 PM
JJL11762
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Give Legend Porsche in Amityville a try. Joe is the service manager there and he has gone the extra mile for me getting all my issues (door cards, A/C leak, etc.) addressed before my CPO ran out in September. He's very pleasant and reasonable. I've been going there for 2 years; they do all my service work because I trust them.
The following 3 users liked this post by JJL11762:
AdamSanta85 (12-12-2022), Sakpase1 (12-04-2022), shammerman (12-04-2022)
Old 12-04-2022, 05:50 PM
Sakpase1
Track Day

Originally Posted by JJL11762
Give Legend Porsche in Amityville a try. Joe is the service manager there and he has gone the extra mile for me getting all my issues (door cards, A/C leak, etc.) addressed before my CPO ran out in September. He's very pleasant and reasonable. I've been going there for 2 years; they do all my service work because I trust them.
I invested in a autel computer to work on my own cars. I thought going to the dealer to program two keys would have been better then going to a lock smith, unfortunately I am learning the hard way. I refused to take the car like that, because I have no idea what else they messed up. Even a John Smo auto shop would have done what they are trying to do. It's beyond ridiculous. I hope corporate come through if not they will regret it with bad reviews and complaints on better business bureau.
Old 12-04-2022, 06:04 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Damage

Huntington damaged my 96 mile ‘96 Turbo on a recall and refused to repair it or accept responsibility back in ‘96 so it appears little has changed. I contacted the CEO of PCNA and he overnighted the part as soon as he received my letter. The part was the intercooler which was $4000.
STAY AWAY FROM HUNTINGTON!!!
Sakpase1 (12-04-2022)
Old 12-04-2022, 06:28 PM
Sakpase1
Track Day

Originally Posted by white6speed
Huntington damaged my 96 mile ‘96 Turbo on a recall and refused to repair it or accept responsibility back in ‘96 so it appears little has changed. I contacted the CEO of PCNA and he overnighted the part as soon as he received my letter. The part was the intercooler which was $4000.
STAY AWAY FROM HUNTINGTON!!!
Thanks, great idea i just email the CEO of PCNA now. They should get rid of all these clowns working for them because they making Porsche look bad.

Last edited by Sakpase1; 12-04-2022 at 06:42 PM.
Old 12-04-2022, 06:42 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 304 Likes on 183 Posts

My dealer in Southwest Connecticut has damaged my Cayenne (lower door ding) and the front bumper on my 911. They owned up to both incidents. I am pretty much done with them, found a great Indy a few miles down the road. Plus they completely botched the wheel alignment on my 911. My indy drives a Macan Turbo, and he's also delighted to service our Macan SE. Hard to believe how bad Porsche service has gotten.
Sakpase1 (12-04-2022)

Quick Reply: Porsche Huntington damaged my car...