Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2021, 10:11 AM
getPorscheSilverSpringParts
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 174 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by noahabel
Finally got around to installing the .2RS skirts I purchased from GetPorscheParts on Black Friday on my .1 C4S and they are AMAZEBALLS. Seriously, I didn't think something so simple could utterly transform the look of the car from almost all angles but it has. The difference from the stock skirts is night and day. I honestly thought they might be too big when I saw them on the first time but I quickly got over that. They're stunning.

Some notes on the install that may help future modders.

1. As mentioned, you have to trim back the tab that holds the slip-nut that secures the screw behind the rear wheel well liner (see post #251 above). I measured the tab on my stock skirts as 2.25" so I tried to match that (did better on the 2nd skirt). It really helps "suck in" the skirt towards the center of the car at the rear-most point. I then attached the slip-nut and punched/drilled a hole to match (3/16" worked for me).

(NOTE: The half hole you see is the original hole. You could ballpark the trim to the halfway mark of that hole.)

2, In order for the rear 2 horizontal fasteners (the large, black slotted "screws" that insert into the white "nuts" that attach to the body and come on the new skirts) to properly snap into place, you need to widen the holes on the new skirts about 1/8"-3/16". I used an emery bit on my dremel to remove some material in the direction of the outside of the skirt (away from the car). I didn't do this on the driver's side and couldn't secure the fasteners, but then did so on the passenger side and they fit correctly. I'll have to tackle the driver's side again at some point.

3. Finally, no one has mentioned this before so maybe I'm special but I released A TON of dirt, rocks and road debris from all the fastener holes and especially the rear wheel liners. I guess that was 8 years and 45k miles worth of gunk. Makes me want to take all the underbody panels off and clear it all out.

Here's the final result (I also installed the S-PASM lip spoiler, RGS grilles and black headlight washers). Love the look of my stock+ beast right now! Yes, the gap is there and it's hard not to notice when you're looking for it. I'm going to see if I can live with it and if not, I'll consider one of the solutions above.

Looks GREAT!!! Thanks for posting, and thanks again for your business!

Shop & SAVE on Genuine OEM Porsche Parts, Accessories & Driver's Selection!
Contact Us · Shop Audi & BMW Parts too!

The following 2 users liked this post by getPorscheSilverSpringParts:
drsubie (01-04-2022), noahabel (12-22-2021)
Old 12-22-2021, 01:42 PM
cutlass476
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by KP993
See pics below. It's about 3 to 4mm off at the rear end of the skirt. The rest is perfect fit. You can't really tell if you are couple steps away from the car.

That gap is nothing that a little judicious heat gun action (from the backside of the skirt) couldn't fix. Take them off, warm them up and then press fit them to the body's contour. You just have to be careful with the heat application. I'm betting it would work. Nonetheless, they still look great.
Old 01-03-2022, 03:25 PM
991_T
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by polobai
Just realized I never updated with the pics of the less aggressive 991.1 gt3rs skirts modified to fit my 991.2 carerra t (narrowbody).
Lots of modification to the skirts to make themwork but really happy with the results
Front fitment (also added mudflaps)

Rear profile
Originally Posted by Tecni
what did you do to get them to fit? Also, con you put a link for the parts? Trying to get these for my 991.2 narrow-body
Could you explain what mods were needed to make these fit ? I just received a return message from Suncoast.com saying that these won't fit a 991.2 T.

Thanks
Old 01-03-2022, 03:46 PM
Jeahbladejeah
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by 991_T
Could you explain what mods were needed to make these fit ? I just received a return message from Suncoast.com saying that these won't fit a 991.2 T.

Thanks
This should be helpful: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1181...rrow-body.html
The following users liked this post:
polobai (01-03-2022)
Old 01-03-2022, 11:55 PM
RGS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 356 Likes on 224 Posts

Looks great! subtle yet aggressive looking! Nice work!

RGS
- Radiator Grille Store

OEM Look, Economical Protection
www.radiatorgrillestore.com

Old 03-03-2023, 10:07 AM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 1,987 Likes on 945 Posts

Question:

Does the .2 GT3 RS Side skirt fit on .1 wide body or do I need to order the .1 GT3 RS Part?

Thank you in advance
Old 03-16-2023, 11:15 AM
mdcm17
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 16 Posts

Doing this soon. Can’t wait!
Old 03-16-2023, 11:24 AM
Ahmad310
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 56 Posts

Are you doing the GT3 or the 4S/GTS sides?

Take lots of pics of install and let us know how the process goes... Ive been really thinking about pulling trigger on this myself.

Originally Posted by mdcm17
Doing this soon. Can’t wait!
Old 03-16-2023, 11:31 AM
mdcm17
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Ahmad310
Are you doing the GT3 or the 4S/GTS sides?

Take lots of pics of install and let us know how the process goes... Ive been really thinking about pulling trigger on this myself.
Doing the .2 GT3RS skirts on my GTS. Will do re: pics!
Old 03-26-2023, 10:39 PM
BlitzIS
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 83 Posts

Thinking of adding factory GTS side skirts on my C2S. Does anyone know if they will fit and if there will be any gaps like the .1 RS skirts?
Old 03-30-2023, 12:07 PM
Ahmad310
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BlitzIS
Thinking of adding factory GTS side skirts on my C2S. Does anyone know if they will fit and if there will be any gaps like the .1 RS skirts?
They don't fit the narrow body 911 out of the box, it will require some trimming of the new skirts to make it work. There are several forum members who have done it all with different ways off getting it to work. Most have some minor gap in the rear. Does not seem to be very difficult to do. I just ordered the targa/gts/4s skirts and will be attempting this soon on my C2S.
Old 03-30-2023, 02:38 PM
BlitzIS
Rennlist Member

They don't fit the narrow body 911 out of the box, it will require some trimming of the new skirts to make it work. There are several forum members who have done it all with different ways off getting it to work. Most have some minor gap in the rear. Does not seem to be very difficult to do. I just ordered the targa/gts/4s skirts and will be attempting this soon on my C2S.

Thank you, I currently have the .1gt3rs skirts installed on mine by modifying them. I was thinking of switching to the gts skirts and having them painted to match. Where did you purchase yours from and how much were they? Are you planning on painting them or leaving them the raw plastic color.
Old 03-30-2023, 02:53 PM
Ahmad310
Rennlist Member

Thank you, I currently have the .1gt3rs skirts installed on mine by modifying them. I was thinking of switching to the gts skirts and having them painted to match. Where did you purchase yours from and how much were they? Are you planning on painting them or leaving them the raw plastic color.
You will basically have to modify the GTS ones the same as ones you have since both GTS/GT3RS have wide bodys and the mounting points are different vs the narrow body car. I was going to order through Sun Coast but the shipping cost was like $150, so I ordered through https://www.getporschesilverspringparts.com/ they had them for slightly less and shipping was around $50.

From what I've gathered in all the post on this topic, you can get the OEM clips to work if you enlarge the holes in the side skirt, it's the rear attach points that are the tricky part to get to sit right w/o a gap. Sounds like heating them up and trying to shape them helps. I dont know when i will get to doing it on mine but I will try and take a lot of pics to document and share with people here of how my experience is going.
Old 03-31-2023, 01:23 PM
BlitzIS
Rennlist Member

You will basically have to modify the GTS ones the same as ones you have since both GTS/GT3RS have wide bodys and the mounting points are different vs the narrow body car. I was going to order through Sun Coast but the shipping cost was like $150, so I ordered through https://www.getporschesilverspringparts.com/ they had them for slightly less and shipping was around $50.

From what I've gathered in all the post on this topic, you can get the OEM clips to work if you enlarge the holes in the side skirt, it's the rear attach points that are the tricky part to get to sit right w/o a gap. Sounds like heating them up and trying to shape them helps. I dont know when i will get to doing it on mine but I will try and take a lot of pics to document and share with people here of how my experience is going.

Do you have the part number for what you ordered? Just wanted to see if it’s the same one that I found. Thanks!
Old 03-31-2023, 01:48 PM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,177 Likes on 594 Posts

Do you have the part number for what you ordered? Just wanted to see if it’s the same one that I found. Thanks!
More info in this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1181...rrow-body.html

Quick Reply: Installed GT3RS side skirts on my GTS