Sponsored by:

Installed GT3RS side skirts on my GTS

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2023, 12:05 PM
mdcm17
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by KP993
When I first saw your pics I am like, I can't remember I took those shots on my GTS before. Here is your identical twins: no sunroof, 7-speed manual, clear side marker, side decals, centerlock, red calipers, red seat belts.................
Great taste if I do say so myself... And Canadian twins, too!

Next (and probably final) planned mods are Sport Cats and/or Headers and maybe lowering springs. I like the mild drop you did with the VTF as the roads in Toronto are terrible and I don't wanna go too low. Cheers my friend!
Old 01-02-2024, 02:17 AM
Revsportz
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by slocumda@yahoo.com
For those who can not deal with the gap between the side skirt and body these pictures show a solution you might want to consider. I'm of the opinion that any heating of or manipulation of the skirt to conform more closely to the body of the car is not going to work. So my next thought is to fill the gap which I did using Midnight Black ColorFast Tile & Grout Caulk. This was relatively easy and did a good job of making the gap disappear. The caulk matches the skirt quite closely in both color and sheen. Obviously, if you want to take the skirt off in the future you'll have some difficulty but clean up and replacement should not be a big deal. Hope this helps, Doug

Did you ever take out the side skirts after the grout? How easy was the clean up and was there any damage to the paint. Thanks
Old 01-02-2024, 05:21 AM
slocumda@yahoo.com
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

Have not removed the skirts but I have PPF and ceramic coating which should make clean up a little easier. Keep in mind the area that is of concern is very small and will be covered up by the OEM side skirt anyway, no worries really. Hope that helps.
Old 01-04-2024, 09:37 PM
Revsportz
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by slocumda@yahoo.com
Have not removed the skirts but I have PPF and ceramic coating which should make clean up a little easier. Keep in mind the area that is of concern is very small and will be covered up by the OEM side skirt anyway, no worries really. Hope that helps.
thanks.. that’s a good idea to put PPF on sides, I have a narrow body carrera T so no factory sides.
Old 03-29-2024, 09:35 AM
Johgts
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KP993
Yes car is lowered by about half an inch with H&R VTF.

991-504-595-86-OK1
991-504-596-86-OK1

I like the matt black color better as it gives more contrast to the car, and if I scrape them badly they can be easily replaced without painting.

Yes plug and play, no modification is required.

Don't have before and after in same angle, but any other .2 GTS photo will give you an idea. It hit my ankle couple times at the beginning but afterward I am well aware of it so no issue at all.

Mine is the more aggressive .2 GT3RS version.

is h&r vtf plug n’ play in Gts with CL wheels?

Kw say kw h.a.s won’t fit on GTS with CL wheels.
Old 04-05-2024, 02:02 AM
KP993
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Johgts
is h&r vtf plug n’ play in Gts with CL wheels?

Kw say kw h.a.s won’t fit on GTS with CL wheels.
Yes H&R VTF fits my GTS with CL wheels with no issues. When I did my research few years ago I concluded that KW HAS won't fit. I can't tell now as they may have developed a new HAS product which might fit.

Quick Reply: Installed GT3RS side skirts on my GTS