Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 991.2 GTS allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 02:28 AM
GTSdds
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pishter im bummed for you. But it will be sweet when your car gets in..has to be imminently, has to!! Post an update or text me when it happens!
Old 09-08-2018, 12:01 AM
pishter
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mickey D

that’s awesome!! Mine is scheduled to dock in SD on 9/14. I cant believe it will be here/dock in just 8 days. Trying to narrow down the window of pick to schedule the trucking to my PPF shop.
Originally Posted by GTSdds
pishter im bummed for you. But it will be sweet when your car gets in..has to be imminently, has to!! Post an update or text me when it happens!
Thanks. SA got the regional manager involved who called the port. The car is still there. They are saying that the latest it will get here will be Friday or Saturday but hopefully sooner. Lot of cars, not enough trucks I guess.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:12 AM
TTFLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 59 Posts

Finally! Exceeded my expectations, the wait was worth it!!

Old 09-09-2018, 10:56 AM
slocumda@yahoo.com
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

Looks fantastic, that's so exciting to see another GTS delivered. I would love to see more interior pictures of the stitching etc. Congrats on a great looking 911.
Old 09-09-2018, 01:44 PM
nightfire
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great! I can't wait to get a date finally locked in for mine
Old 09-09-2018, 10:05 PM
TTFLT6
Rennlist Member

I’m not the best photographer. Here are some interior pics. GTS Interior Package /Carmine Red

Last edited by TTFLT6; 09-09-2018 at 10:23 PM.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:06 PM
2thdoc14
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Finalizing my order on 19 GTS! Local dealer had a build open and I took it! Im trading in the 17 and got what I paid for it in May.

Deciding on Carmine Red vs Agate metallic...any thoughts on the Carmine? I havent seen that color in person, but the Agate is nice...classy and stealthy.

What range do you guys see for discounts on order outs? I got 5%...which for a GTS seems ok?
Old 09-09-2018, 10:13 PM
TTFLT6
Rennlist Member

A couple quick thoughts after driving it 10hrs. There is less road noise than the S models I test drove. I was concerned about all the complaints and my 2018 911 S test drive experience. I know this doesn’t make sense, unless it’s all the Alcantara’ or new Pirelli’s! The first day I spent 6hrs driving all over the place, including highway surfaces. Non issue having conversations, using the phone or listening to music. The Bose is fine, I turn off all the Bose processing settings and ad a little treble. I love SPASM. The ride is very compliant, never harsh. I’m not from the East Coast, but I’ll say the GTS is wicked fast! I love it.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:25 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by 2thdoc14
Finalizing my order on 19 GTS! Local dealer had a build open and I took it! Im trading in the 17 and got what I paid for it in May.

Deciding on Carmine Red vs Agate metallic...any thoughts on the Carmine? I havent seen that color in person, but the Agate is nice...classy and stealthy.

What range do you guys see for discounts on order outs? I got 5%...which for a GTS seems ok?
5% is a real good discount, and some dealers are not discounting them at all. I lot of people love the CR but I would advise that you see it in person before you decide. On the other hand AG is what it is, and a safe choice at that.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:26 PM
pishter
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

TTFLT6, I am drooling as I wait for my car. Mine should look just like that but with a manual stick. Same inside and outside!
Old 09-09-2018, 11:19 PM
TTFLT6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
5% is a real good discount, and some dealers are not discounting them at all. I lot of people love the CR but I would advise that you see it in person before you decide. On the other hand AG is what it is, and a safe choice at that.
This. 0-5% is about the best you can do. Why would a dealer sell a scarce allocation for less?

Carmine is a beautiful red, nice and deep. If you like Reds, go for it! It’s the launch Color.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:33 PM
nightfire
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TTFLT6

This. 0-5% is about the best you can do. Why would a dealer sell a scarce allocation for less?

Carmine is a beautiful red, nice and deep. If you like Reds, go for it! It’s the launch Color.
0-5% seems to be the norm from what I've heard as well. My dealer said he gives 3% to long time customers, but I was able to talk him into a max of 4.5%.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:42 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 214 Posts

Congrats! I’m finalizing my order as well. 5% is a great deal (I’ve seen 0-6%) but even better is that you were able to secure a GTS build slot. They were pretty hard to come by. Many thanks to Rennlist members for pointing me in the right direction. As for Carmine red, it’s a gorgeous color and you can’t go wrong IMHO. I’m having a hard time with color choices as well. I’ve always loved the sleeper look and agate grey is another great color. I wish nardo grey was a cheaper option. I can’t believe it’s $10K+ when it’s a standard paint on many of the Audi models, but I digress. Since my current car is grey, I want a different color. At this moment, I am going with chalk and I’m 90% sure I’ll stick with it. Color is a personal choice and in the end, it really comes down to you. Heck, I haven’t seen a ugly Porsche yet. Just don’t go with hot pink!
Old 09-09-2018, 11:59 PM
Shap96
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great discount percentage. Congrats. I’d vote for the carmine red but then again that’s just because the only 911’s I see around town are all black/white/grey and I like having a different car than everyone else (that’s not to say that Black and Grey are bad, they’re just very common).
Old 09-11-2018, 02:04 AM
medias116
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Disclaimer: Bias ahead!

I am getting a Carmine red coupe and just looooove it! Here is a friend’s 2015 CR cab taken 2 days ago and all I can say is that I still can’t stop thinking about the color and how it looks with black accents!

Have also added another CR 2017 GTS coupe photos in the Carmine red GTS thread

Quick Reply: New 991.2 GTS allocation Thread