Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 991.2 GTS allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 08:17 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,367 Likes on 2,310 Posts

Love the black LEDs. which I ordered as well...much better on some colors than the alternative.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:48 PM
globalflyer
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got around to picking up my '19 GTS Cab. I'm pretty sure it has been at the dealer for a few weeks here but I was not available until this week. They threw in some clear markers and a few hundred dollars in accessory credit if I picked it up before the end of the month which was nice. It didn't necessarily make me do it faster but they are leading an internal promo and wanted the sale in September. Always happy to help a fellow sales person if I can and they were great every step of the way.

Car came out exactly as I intended. Big splash of color with a sporty interior. One omission on the build some may notice is the lack of LED but I will use it only occasionally at night so the cost and feature difference made no sense for me. I also did not care about the contrast stiching so I choose standard leather instead of the package and I am a believer in full Alcantara including sun visors so no delete here.

Still need to get the glass tinted and figure out if I am just doing a coating or a coating and PPF. The car is a lease and will get less than 5k a year on it on mostly Orange County roads which are pretty good so I am not convinced I want it. I will at least coat it for some improved shine.

I am pretty pleased with the sound so far so may hold off on the sport cats but will probably throw a Cobb tune on it for a little more punch.

Burmester was absolutely the right decision. Much tighter and cleaner base than the Bose and less distortion at high volume levels due to the increased wattage. Agree it will not beat aftermarket but did not want to deal with the hassle and its a lease so this was easier and is just fine.

Hope everyone is as happy with their new toys as I am.

Old 09-28-2018, 09:56 PM
One N Done
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

HMBGTS.....looks awesome! Mine will also work the chalk and black / carbon look. Not to turn this into another ppf thread, but what film and coverage did you do? Making a run to the dealer tomorrow to see if my dates moved at all. I also need to line up the ppf install.

Global flyer, nice cab. I did the LED on mine, but there are some threads where people put on a precut black vinyl solution over the silver rings if you just want the contrast. The pics all looked good too. Something to consider if you wanted it after the fact.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:58 PM
HMBGTS
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by One N Done
HMBGTS.....looks awesome! Mine will also work the chalk and black / carbon look. Not to turn this into another ppf thread, but what film and coverage did you do? Making a run to the dealer tomorrow to see if my dates moved at all. I also need to line up the ppf install.
I got the Xpel Ultimate Plus for the PPF. Coverage is the full bumper, hood, fenders, rocker panels extending up the rear fender flare, door cups, wing mirrors, and the rear wheel arches. I chose NOT to do the head lights after hearing about delamination nightmares, but I also got a ceramic coating over the whole car and head lights, so hopefully that will be enough to keep it protected from yellowing, etc. The car will always be garaged pretty much when not in transit, so should be fine.
Old 09-28-2018, 11:45 PM
globalflyer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by One N Done
Global flyer, nice cab. I did the LED on mine, but there are some threads where people put on a precut black vinyl solution over the silver rings if you just want the contrast. The pics all looked good too. Something to consider if you wanted it after the fact.
Thanks One N Done. I did see those and have them bookmarked. I might try that as I did prefer the black ring look but just didn't need the rest of the features and an extra few grand seemed a bit much for black rings. $65 seems worth a try. Question is which black? Gloss, Matte or Metallic?
Old 09-28-2018, 11:52 PM
globalflyer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by globalflyer
Question is which black? Gloss, Matte or Metallic?
Found the answer. Looks like Metallic is the way to go.
Old 09-30-2018, 02:15 PM
GTSdds
Instructor

Congrats to all the recent recipients of these teutonic weapons! Interesting to see a lot of sport dsign rears(mini ducks)..when i ordered my '19 seems like very few of the earlier cars were so equipped.

To add to what HMBGTS stated, another "introducer" of paint flawson brand new porsches(cars in gen) is what the dealer "prep guy" does. I would try andavoid letting him/them touch it at all before you-the guy who really cares, gets it. The towels and techniques they use simply will not be as clean as yours.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:57 AM
slocumda@yahoo.com
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

I could not believe it when my 4GTS came out of the factory a couple days early, headed across the Atlantic shortly there after and arrived at the dealer 3 weeks sooner than expected. It's is now being delivered to the PPF, ceramic coating and window tint installer. Car came with NSpec Michelin PS4S tires!

Probably not hard for you all to imagine how I'm feeling right about now.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:53 AM
2thdoc14
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats! Is that Guards Red? You shoukd look at Xpel Stealth for the PPF...it looks amazing on red. Im going to do that again on my new one which will be Carmine red.

I bet that will look nice in the parking lot of your office! Im going to have to forgo taking mine to work so parients dont catch wind
Old 10-02-2018, 09:01 AM
One N Done
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Nice build. I chickened out on the black handles, but they look great on your car. Well done on your interior choices. A good amount of pop with the red belts, gauges, stitching, and vent slats. Enjoy!!
Old 10-02-2018, 09:04 AM
slocumda@yahoo.com
Rennlist Member

Yes the car is guards red and I'm using Xpel Ultimate. I think Stealth has a satin finish which is recommended for satin finish paint not gloss. Thankfully I'm retired and don't have to worry about parking at an office everyday. Looking forward to seeing your new ride.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:08 AM
Shap96
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the color combination inside and out. Looks awesome. Congrats.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:18 AM
medtech_expat
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

That interior really works well, congrats! I spec’ed my interior somewhat similarly - dials in guards red, deviated stitching and seat belts in Bordeaux, brushed aluminum trim and pedals - but yours are the first pics which have confirmed that it pulls together nicely!

My car entered Emden on Sept. 18, just waiting on confirmation that it’s finally in transit.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:58 AM
slocumda@yahoo.com
Rennlist Member

Thank you, I was not sure what it would really look like in person and when my SA said it's like there was a red and black explosion inside the car I had some doubts. But then he told me they were all drooling over it when it was unwrapped. It ended up exceeding my expectations in every way both inside and out thank goodness. We all are guessing when we make these choices and each onw is custom so we have one of a kind cars. Best to see as many pictures of other peoples choices as you possibly can and then go with your gut. If some thing does not work, it can be changed. Keep calm you're almost there!
Old 10-02-2018, 10:23 AM
pishter
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by slocumda@yahoo.com
Thank you, I was not sure what it would really look like in person and when my SA said it's like there was a red and black explosion inside the car I had some doubts. But then he told me they were all drooling over it when it was unwrapped. It ended up exceeding my expectations in every way both inside and out thank goodness. We all are guessing when we make these choices and each onw is custom so we have one of a kind cars. Best to see as many pictures of other peoples choices as you possibly can and then go with your gut. If some thing does not work, it can be changed. Keep calm you're almost there!
Congrats. The contrast is pretty nice.

I finally got mine delivered last weekend. 5 weeks after port arrival. It is everything I thought it would be. I won't post too many pics because it is very similar to all the GT Silvers recently posted.

One question for you guys though:

Going through the settings, I don't see VEHICLE > SETTINGS > LOCKING > AUTO MEMORY. This is the Auto Memory function to save the user settings when you leave the car. I normally have this checked off anyways in my old car but it was interesting that I don't see this function in the new 2019s even though it is in the manual.

Just wondering if this was only my car. And it makes me wonder what other small changes they might have done.

Quick Reply: New 991.2 GTS allocation Thread