Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 12:54 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts

MT has a mechanical LSD and PTV, can not be turned off.

keep the traction control on, by pressing it you are turning it off.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:56 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

On the modes, Sport mode gets you backfires ...love backfires...I am 5 years old inside
The following users liked this post:
GT3FZS (11-05-2019)
Old 10-21-2018, 01:07 PM
Apollo Falcon
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyberbug
MT has a mechanical LSD and PTV, can not be turned off.

keep the traction control on, by pressing it you are turning it off.
Right, but when I press traction control off, why does PSM then turn on? Is that weird to you all? I assume then that traction control and PSM then are two separate entities. That doesn't make too much sense to me if any one could elaborate on that.

Thanks Cyberbug, I too drive on Sport all the time for the backfires, love it! I was wondering if any one out there customized their "individual" setting to basically be Sport+ with backfire
Old 10-21-2018, 01:31 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

PSM includes a bunch of systems. What its telling you is that you have turned off traction but stability is still on

Sports plus cannot get backfires even in individual mode. Only sport engine map gets backfires.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:49 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Apollo Falcon
Right, but when I press traction control off, why does PSM then turn on? Is that weird to you all? I assume then that traction control and PSM then are two separate entities. That doesn't make too much sense to me if any one could elaborate on that.
This might help: PSM Goodness... You have Sport Chrono, so need to hold the PSM button down for more than 2 seconds, not just tap it. The mLSD and PSM are separate systems. Any vids that claim mashing the PSM button has a direct effect on the mLSD are in error. The mLSD is a wearing part and will need servicing, but what you gain from it is worth it and I would not worry about wearing it out unless you are drifting on uneven or otherwise unstable (wet, oily, etc.) surfaces all the time. Our cars also have PTV, which works in conjunction with the mLSD and PSM systems as well. Enjoy!

S
Old 10-21-2018, 02:34 PM
Apollo Falcon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by S S
This might help: PSM Goodness... You have Sport Chrono, so need to hold the PSM button down for more than 2 seconds, not just tap it. The mLSD and PSM are separate systems. Any vids that claim mashing the PSM button has a direct effect on the mLSD are in error. The mLSD is a wearing part and will need servicing, but what you gain from it is worth it and I would not worry about wearing it out unless you are drifting on uneven or otherwise unstable (wet, oily, etc.) surfaces all the time. Our cars also have PTV, which works in conjunction with the mLSD and PSM systems as well. Enjoy!

S
Ahh, that is very helpful. So for the T with sport chrono, if you tap the PSM turn off (aka traction button) you are restricting PSM in "critical driving situation" outside ABS range = PSM Sport = RESTRICTED PSM support; but if you hold the PSM turn-off button for more than 2 sec you completely switch PSM off = ABSENT PSM support.

Very helpful. So in these cases what driving situations would you all use. It says to keep full PSM in "normal" driving situations. When would you all use "PSM Sport" or the restricted PSM? I take it that absent PSM or PSM support fully off would be for like drifting or something.

This is great to talk this out btw, very helpful.
Old 10-21-2018, 03:34 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

You would need PSM fully off to practice recovery on a skid pad or to heel and toe manually in Sport or Sport +.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:11 PM
Apollo Falcon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pep!RRRR
You would need PSM fully off to practice recovery on a skid pad or to heel and toe manually in Sport or Sport +.
Thanks. When would everyone use the PSM Sport (or restricted)?
Old 10-22-2018, 10:49 AM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by myrr
TY and good read - these little snippets get me by until delivery next year

Trust me .. it'll be worth it.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:28 PM
myrr
Pro

Received 312 Likes on 154 Posts

I can hardly wait.

Side note - there sure seems to be more T related threads and chatter here beyond other trim levels. My admittedly outside observation (as I’m new to Porsche) is that it seems there's a lot of enthusiasm for the T by new people like me. Or maybe it’s because it’s a new trim level in general?

Regardless, it’s great seeing people excited about the car and bravo Porsche for doing that with a car that isn’t a flagship. Other brands could probably take a cue.....
Old 10-23-2018, 12:37 AM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

Received 545 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by myrr
...there sure seems to be more T related threads and chatter here beyond other trim levels. My admittedly outside observation (as I’m new to Porsche) is that it seems there's a lot of enthusiasm for the T by new people like me. Or maybe it’s because it’s a new trim level in general?

Yeah... I thought I’d try to start one (quiet) “Official” thread for the T folks... but not a day goes by without a new T related thread showing up... that leads to a T vs. the rest all-out pitched battle. It’s only because the T hasn’t been around for 50 years, and the base, S, GTS, 4, 4S, etc have been around for a while.
Old 10-23-2018, 04:07 AM
xman11
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

For those of you with heated seats on cloth, does it heat up as well as with leather seats?
Old 10-23-2018, 04:08 AM
xman11
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Which Carrera T interior deviated stitching color works well with a GT Silver exterior?
Old 10-23-2018, 04:21 AM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by xman11
Which Carrera T interior deviated stitching color works well with a GT Silver exterior?
You can see all three here, in the flesh and natural light... Interiors...
Personally, I don't think the Race Yellow looks as good with GT Silver. I'm partial to Guards Red. If you are in to matching, I bet GT Silver inside and out would look great!

S
Old 10-23-2018, 09:28 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 723 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by xman11
Silver...

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club