Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 12:36 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts

Thinking (because I got nothing better to do while waiting) of deleting the lightweight glass and Wiper.

Do I still get the defroster with the regular glass (minus wiper)? I know the button is always there regardless of the option you select.

That way still have the clean look and get the useful defroster. But of course you lose the light weight glass and talking point that it is the same option as in the GT2
Old 10-09-2018, 12:56 PM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

Received 545 Likes on 222 Posts

Regular glass gets defroster.

Wiper is optional. On the regular glass.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:11 PM
Copperhead37
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I understand your position. The worst thing about ordering a car is the wait. I have to remind myself everyday not to second guess myself. I pretraded my 981 Cayman the dealer sold it in less than a week. (I loved that car) I would keep the light weight glass. It is those little differences that make the T special.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:23 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Copperhead37
I understand your position. The worst thing about ordering a car is the wait. I have to remind myself everyday not to second guess myself. I pretraded my 981 Cayman the dealer sold it in less than a week. (I loved that car) I would keep the light weight glass. It is those little differences that make the T special.
Thanks I just need folks to reassure me there are only a few things I am debating. and it will continue until car gets locked down. Same kind of debate I had with myself on PDK vs Manual
Went with Manual just because T
Old 10-09-2018, 01:46 PM
Copperhead37
Instructor

Yeah I went back and forth over my color choice for a long time. The last couple weeks I have been beating myself up over buying a new 911 over buying and old school one. I think My problem is I want all of them. I haven’t met a 911 I didn’t like. Since I pretraded my Cayman I currently don’t have any Porsche product in the garage. ☹️. To add salt to the wound a service tech at the dealer bought my Cayman and immediately called me to talk to me about it. Fortunately we have the rennlist support network to talk us down. Until our cars are delivered. Lol
Old 10-09-2018, 03:22 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

Yeah I went back and forth over my color choice for a long time. The last couple weeks I have been beating myself up over buying a new 911 over buying and old school one. I think My problem is I want all of them. I haven’t met a 911 I didn’t like. Since I pretraded my Cayman I currently don’t have any Porsche product in the garage. ☹️. To add salt to the wound a service tech at the dealer bought my Cayman and immediately called me to talk to me about it. Fortunately we have the rennlist support network to talk us down. Until our cars are delivered. Lol
You and me both, Brother... But just remember why you did the trade and what you have coming... As much as I loved the 981 CS, there is a reason I traded it in and why, while I'll always miss it, I won't miss it a bit when I am driving the T. I think what fulfilled you in the Cayman would not be the same things that fulfill you in an older Carrera. Just not in the same realm. Performance vs. Prestige. Loving up keep vs. Get in and romp. Not caring about how many miles you put on vs. Do I have enough in the bank to fix this after I love the hell out of it for X miles.
Just hang in there, use this enabling network to your advantage, and stay the course! Totally worth it in the end!
Old 10-09-2018, 03:25 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyberbug
Thanks I just need folks to reassure me there are only a few things I am debating. and it will continue until car gets locked down. Same kind of debate I had with myself on PDK vs Manual
Went with Manual just because T
Keep the T in the T.

I vote stay with the light weight glass. Even in the northern climes you are in, do you really need a wiper or a defroster? Squigee that bad boy off, drive faster so the H20 can't touch ya, and crack that window if it gets a bit heated!
Old 10-09-2018, 03:56 PM
Copperhead37
Instructor

SS

your definetly rite about the cayman. I was attached to it. But one drive in the T and I was like WOW. I know I am gonna forget all about the cayman once I get my T . The poke in the eye is every time I go out to the garage and see a big open bare spot where my Porsche is supposed to be sitting.
Old 10-09-2018, 09:15 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 529 Likes on 227 Posts

It will be interesting to see how bad the rear window is for defrosting here in Canada. I may just need to let the car warm up longer whenever she's parked outdoors at work (she'll be in the garage at night)
Old 10-09-2018, 11:06 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

https://apple.news/AWffHGCHFTWuF1UclX5X85Q

wish they don’t do it. But at least its considered the best and I prefer 991.2 styling over 992

https://carbuzz.com/news/the-best-po...992-generation
Old 10-10-2018, 01:55 AM
shing911500e
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts

August is going to continue the T when the 992 comes along.....https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...carrera-t-992/
Old 10-10-2018, 12:30 PM
Northern911T
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 10 Posts

I don’t think we see T in the future, or if it appears again, would be late of 992 cycle. It is part of porsches heritage models, like R was. I bet we are seeing E when hybrid comes.

Interesting to see how speedster is affecting gt3 touring pricing. Lots of gt3 based cars looking for new owners. But the T, very few manufactured and soon coming to end.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:29 PM
diss7
Racer

Received 390 Likes on 111 Posts

Received a call back from my dealer today, unfortunately I've missed out. No more allocations in Australia or New Zealand (we get the same car, so the dealers can swap allocations.) I was a week too late apparently. Last allocation being spoken for late last week.

They have offered two CT's already built and in stock.

Thank you for your time earlier – whilst it might not be the outcome we hoped for, all is not lost.
As discussed, we have both our black CT and another white CT available in NZ, which completes our allocation. See below:
White: http://www.porsche-code.com/PKN3MPU5
Black: http://www.porsche-code.com/PKXVWST5
Of the two, the black car is more appealing. I'd rather the fixed buckets, but the sports buckets and back seat use are probably a good thing, as is the PCM and sports chrono being there.
The wheels aren't my first choice either, but its the sunroof that is the one option that really irks me. Just goes against the "T ness". Well, most of the spec does.

Last edited by diss7; 10-11-2018 at 12:20 AM.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:22 AM
Copperhead37
Instructor

Not sure f this is helpful considering we are on two different continents. But hopefully it might be. Here in the states there are allready several T’s with under 1000 miles for sale used. I was checking them out while waiting on my order to come in. I was able to find a couple that had proper T options. Maybe you can find one in you neck of the woods that is similar. Opposed to buying one that is not close enough to what you want.
Also I would definitely not take the dealers word with out checking other dealerships. Here in the states dealers play that same game all the time. ( sorry we couldn’t get an allocation but if you buy this one we have here we will hook you up with a GT WHATEVER next year) I can’t tell you how many people I have heard from that got hosed by dealers here in the states over that same promise. I have also seen guys go to another dealer after getting that song and dance and get an allocation an order exactly what they wanted.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:49 AM
Grantsfo
Racer

Received 248 Likes on 88 Posts

Congrats GRANTSFO.
my build is very similar but in black. I too choose pccb’s Something you don’t see many do. I think they help the driving experience greatly.
Agree and PCCB are a relative deal given tech behind them. Had them on my 987.2 Cayman S . I have grown used to feel of PCCBs too.

Recieved word that that my car should be delivered week befor Xmas! Perfect present! I’m so excited!

Curious us does anyone know where manual gear ratios for T are published? Can’t seem to find them in tech specs.

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club