Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 06:31 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Northquest
In this write up you say that only the manual comes with the limited slip... is that correct? Doesn’t the PDK T have a limited slip?
PDK cars normally get an ELSD with PTV+. Believe Porsche only spec'd these with a MLSD with PTV on the MT cars. Going PDK on the T also doesn't get you the reduced gearing that the MT cars gain from what I understand.

S
Old 10-18-2018, 06:39 PM
Northquest
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by S S
PDK cars normally get an ELSD with PTV+. Believe Porsche only spec'd these with a MLSD with PTV on the MT cars. Going PDK on the T also doesn't get you the reduced gearing that the MT cars gain from what I understand.

S
Thanks! Lucky thing I read the write up above... almost bought a PDK today... Was under the impression they all had a MLSD and vectoring... and I will only get a LSD equipped car since it will be used for the track also. Too bad, was really looking forward to a T. And, strange how little Porsche dealers know about the cars they’re selling. Several of them and they all knew a limited slip was a demand from my side...
Old 10-18-2018, 06:48 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Thanks! Lucky thing I read the write up above... almost bought a PDK today... Was under the impression they all had a MLSD and vectoring... and I will only get a LSD equipped car since it will be used for the track also. Too bad, was really looking forward to a T. And, strange how little Porsche dealers know about the cars they’re selling. Several of them and they all knew a limited slip was a demand from my side...
Welcome. I said this elsewhere, unless you like the T cosmetics and bespoke bits, buying one in PDK doesn't really gain you anything mechanically over a Base. Good luck on finding something else!

So true about the dealers, too. Most aren't car people, many only appear to be in it for $$$ and moving numbers to do it. Probably hard to stay passionate once it becomes a business and your livelyhood.

S
Old 10-18-2018, 07:08 PM
Northquest
Advanced

Originally Posted by S S
Welcome. I said this elsewhere, unless you like the T cosmetics and bespoke bits, buying one in PDK doesn't really gain you anything mechanically over a Base. Good luck on finding something else!

So true about the dealers, too. Most aren't car people, many only appear to be in it for $$$ and moving numbers to do it. Probably hard to stay passionate once it becomes a business and your livelyhood.

S
Well, that was sort of the thing, it had started growing on me in a major way and I was looking so much forward to it. Was going to do a build in the same direction as the bgb build, and thought this would be so much more fun than a S, or the GTS... Now I have to start thinking if I really want to do shorter technical tracks or the Nordchleife with a manual T or go for a S with PDK...

Last edited by Northquest; 10-18-2018 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:22 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Well, that was sort of the thing, it had started growing on me in a major way and I was looking so much forward to it. Was going to do a build in the same direction as the bds build, and thought this would be so much more fun than a S, or the GTS... Now I have to start thinking if I really want to do shorter technical tracks or the Nordchleife with a manual T or go for a S with PDK...
Got ya. Well, do yourself a favor before you write it off, test drive a T with MT. It made a believer out of me. S with a PDK is awesome, tuned and with the enhancements to PASM Sport even more so. But the MT T is a special thing. Good luck whichever way you go!

S

Last edited by S S; 10-19-2018 at 05:11 AM.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:32 PM
Northquest
Advanced

Originally Posted by S S
Got ya. Well, do yourself a favor before you write it off, test drive a T with MT. It made a believer out of me. S with a PDK is awesome, tuned and with the enhancements being PASM Sport even more so. But the MT T is a special thing. Good luck whichever way you go!

S
I will. Thank you! Appreciate it! Also looking into Guard LSD’s now...
Old 10-19-2018, 05:21 PM
Apollo Falcon
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 34 Posts

Hey ya'll! So after bugging Airtlines Design they were happy to make an awesome and tasteful 991.2 Carrera T T-shirt! I ordered one of their 911 evolution shirts and its great quality (super soft and comfy). I ordered a couple already. They even drew the sport wheels for Cyberbug

https://www.artlinesdesign.com/produ...rera-t-t-shirt
Old 10-19-2018, 08:50 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts

I ordered a few, probably will end up ordering one in every color
Old 10-19-2018, 11:13 PM
Copperhead37
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is a good review to keep you going while you wait for your T

Old 10-20-2018, 12:46 AM
spyderbret
Rennlist Member

Received 650 Likes on 284 Posts

Finally home! Did not get a chance to drive it other than to home and to dinner. Going to head out for a bit of a drive tomorrow and will have more feedback. Can I just tell you though, coming from a 2016 M3, this is just a whole new experience! Cant wait to really get to know the car! Oh and Cayman, the dog, (I have a 987 Cayman R) gives his approval as well!!!

Old 10-20-2018, 12:48 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts

Congrats, lovely pup too

Cayman T coming next year
Old 10-20-2018, 01:52 AM
myrr
Pro

Received 312 Likes on 154 Posts

Grats! Glad I was able to update my T order to include those wheels. Looks great in GT silver and the pup likely agrees....
Old 10-21-2018, 05:07 AM
AlpineR
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

Looks like a big seagull dumped on it

but it is shinny again now
Old 10-21-2018, 08:41 AM
Ukkid74
Burning Brakes

Received 645 Likes on 298 Posts

Congrats ! I got the same wheels Easy to clean
Old 10-21-2018, 11:33 AM
Apollo Falcon
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 34 Posts

Guys quick newb question. This has probably been covered elsewhere but I feel comfortable asking you all. So in this "getting to know you phase" with my T, I'm pushing all the buttons and trying all different combinations of setting to see what I like. I have a MT and have the traction control button (or where on some videos they call it the button for the LSD). Honestly, I didn't think a clutch type LSD could be turned off but now I'm not sure. So anyway, I turn it off yesterday because people were talking how they can get worn out quickly. Can they? The roads were dry and I figured lets experiment. So the button has the picture of the slipping car and "off". When I press it and it turns orange/red, the PCM tells me that PSM (Porsche stability management) is activated (when off?). I feel like I could could tell a performance difference...like that she was a little less aggressive and a little less peppy in the throttle when PSM was activated and the ?LSD? off?

Forgive my ignorance. Hoping to get some education here as this is my first Porsche. The button seems like a double negative, confusing.

On the same note, what is your favorite set up when driving (i.e., Sport or Sport +, Individual, PSM, etc)?

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club