Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 06:45 PM
GreginNH
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK I just added RAS to my build. It locks next week.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:32 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by Pep!RRRR
The only way I have found to heel and toe is to stay in normal (rather than Sport or Sport+) mode. Turning off Porsche Stability Management does NOT turn off autoblip.
Turning PSM off WILL turn off the autoblip. If you have the Sport Chrono Package, you must hold the PSM button down for a couple of seconds. A yellow "PSM off" warning light on the instrument panel will light up.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:05 AM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 119 Posts

Has anyone on out headers or straight through mufflers on their T's yet. I love the car but it's just to quite for me in stock form.

So torn on this and the 718 Spyder
Old 09-07-2018, 08:22 AM
Scuderia V
Former Vendor

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by CarAholic
Has anyone on out headers or straight through mufflers on their T's yet. I love the car but it's just to quite for me in stock form.

So torn on this and the 718 Spyder
Yeah, and it's sounds fantastic. Here our 600hp Carrera T with catless straight pipes and Akrapovic

Old 09-07-2018, 09:44 AM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by DBH
Turning PSM off WILL turn off the autoblip. If you have the Sport Chrono Package, you must hold the PSM button down for a couple of seconds. A yellow "PSM off" warning light on the instrument panel will light up.
My experience was this:

Press button, see yellow PSM off alert on display. When shifting to lower gear, depress clutch, move lever, ENGINE speeds up before clutch is released. I’ll try it again today.

You try it too. I have the Sport Chrono with clock in case it matters.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:00 PM
ronht
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pep!RRRR

My experience was this:

Press button, see yellow PSM off alert on display. When shifting to lower gear, depress clutch, move lever, ENGINE speeds up before clutch is released. I’ll try it again today.

You try it too. I have the Sport Chrono with clock in case it matters.

I can verify that this does indeed work, but you need to hold the button down for a few seconds not just push it. FYI - I have the Sport Chrono package as well.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:13 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Yep. I finally got it to work. The key as you say is to hold the button in for several seconds, resulting in a PSM Off message. If the message says PSM Sport Mode or something to that effect, the blip is still on.

Thanks to all for helping to resolve this!
Old 09-07-2018, 03:01 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,317 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by Scuderia V
Yeah, and it's sounds fantastic. Here our 600hp Carrera T with catless straight pipes and Akrapovic

https://youtu.be/3CbgYqkGMjM
Sounds awesome! I wonder how much of the enhanced sound is down to the upgraded exhaust system and how much is due to the extra 230hp you’ve got out of the engine...?
Old 09-11-2018, 03:28 AM
gabbar
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Is there any way to use carplay wirelessly ?

If I don't want to keep the phone inside the arm rest, are there any good options to hold the phone ?
Old 09-11-2018, 07:31 AM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I think the point of CarPlay is to get the phone out of your hand.

Have you seen the rennline mag mounts?
Old 09-11-2018, 12:03 PM
gabbar
Instructor

Originally Posted by jason952
I think the point of CarPlay is to get the phone out of your hand.

Have you seen the rennline mag mounts?
I would have liked to just go sit in the car and carplay connects ( like bluetooth). I don't see the need of a wire. But having to connect and the only place to keep the phone is below the arm rest is cumbersome. It would be faster and more convenient if I had the mount outside.

Just checked the rennline. looks good. Thank you!
http://www.rennline.com/ExactFit-Mag...tinfo/PM01.03/
Old 09-11-2018, 12:16 PM
anythingbuttime
Pro

Received 377 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by gabbar
I would have liked to just go sit in the car and carplay connects ( like bluetooth). I don't see the need of a wire. But having to connect and the only place to keep the phone is below the arm rest is cumbersome. It would be faster and more convenient if I had the mount outside.

Just checked the rennline. looks good. Thank you!
http://www.rennline.com/ExactFit-Mag...tinfo/PM01.03/
The "need" for the wire is that the phone is actually displaying information on the pcm. This is why the updates are all handled on the phone... so the phone is sharing more than just audio or linking your contacts...it is a 2 way interactive video signal which bluetooth is not going to accommodate.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:09 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,321 Likes on 614 Posts

Originally Posted by racemor
Having had a '17 base Carrera without RAS and now the Carrera T with it, I can say for sure that there is a difference in handling. But it mainly shows up as increased stabiliy at high speed. I just spent a couple of days in the mountains with some hard-driving friends on the same roads I'd drivin in the '17 car, and learned what this new car can do. The old car was very good, nimble on tight mountain roads, and if you'd never driven the RAS version, you should have no complaints. But the RAS gave me a lot of confidence, especially in high speed sweeping turns, and I felt like I could really lean on the throttle earlier with it compared to my non-RAS Carrera. I'm also hoping to get back into autocrossing. I used to be pretty heavy into it, and I think the RAS will be a strong benefit there.

So wether you have it or not is really based on what you plan to do with the car. I was on the fence, it's not a cheap option and sort of agree with fueledbymetal that the T can get away with just the basics and be an amazing car. But these new Porsches are so tech heavy to begin with, it's hard to see how one more piece, like RAS, will hurt.

When I want raw and basic, I'll drive the 964.

^ Great looking garage!!
Old 09-11-2018, 02:21 PM
gabbar
Instructor

Originally Posted by anythingbuttime
The "need" for the wire is that the phone is actually displaying information on the pcm. This is why the updates are all handled on the phone... so the phone is sharing more than just audio or linking your contacts...it is a 2 way interactive video signal which bluetooth is not going to accommodate.
I did not mean it should be done through bluetooth but a seamless integration possibly with local Wifi and all of the 2-way interaction can be handled without a wire.. May be someday soon. For now I will have to live with a wired connection
Old 09-11-2018, 02:40 PM
Nathan_
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by anythingbuttime
BMW have wireless carplay

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club