Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 12:30 AM
seis-speed
Pro

Received 447 Likes on 198 Posts

They are comfy, IMO. I had them for ~ 2hours at LAPEC, no issues with comfort.

I needed the backseats so I had no choice, but to spec sofas.

I will say, they (buckets) can be tricky for getting in and out, much more so than sofas.
Old 05-13-2019, 04:00 AM
pacrtg
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pacrtg
Has anyone had a problem with the data connection in their T quitting? Mine worked fine until the end of the 3 month trial period when I switched it over to my AT&T plan and then it just quit. Everything else in the PCM works ok, including WiFi, just no data connection. AT&T worked on the issue at the second level of tech support and decided something was not right with the car. The car has been at the dealer for several days but so far no success. The PCM screen that controls turning data on or off (Phone screen, Opt, Phone, Data) indicates that data is turned on via the embedded SIM, however that selection is not highlighted and therefore cannot be used to turn data off or on. It appears that a PCM reboot is necessary but I believe the dealer already tried that with no success. I'm going into the dealer this week to work with them on the problem but was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so was it resolved?
Data connection problem solved. Turns out it was not the car it was AT&T! On my bill the data connection was listed as "Carrera T" when it stopped working at the switch over to my normal plan at the end of the trial period. Now my car's data connection is listed on my bill as a "Apple iPad 9.7-inch" ,,,really? Anyway, now it works so who cares what they call it. I tried to find out from AT&T what they had to correct but they would not share. I'm a bit upset they put the local dealer through the ringer only to find out it was an AT&T problem!

Last edited by pacrtg; 05-16-2019 at 03:57 AM.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:07 PM
spyderbret
Rennlist Member

Received 630 Likes on 276 Posts

Took a quick trip up to St. George to see my Mom for Mothers day. The wife went with me and it ended up being a good trip! I know we dont buy these cars for the gas mileage but over 245 miles it did over 29MPG! So great!
My wife did complain a little about the wind noise and LWBS. She is more of a comfort person than I am but after spending a total of three and a half hours in the seats she had little to complain about. Once you get in them they are not bad at all. I would not have any problem spending a full day in them but I think my wife would disagree. Here's a shot from my Mom's house and the trip results. Man I love this car!!!

Old 05-13-2019, 08:40 PM
ChristopherM
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Picked mine up a couple weeks ago and having a blast getting to know it. Been checking out local back roads, etc. So much fun!
Old 05-14-2019, 01:06 AM
Haliax
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ChristopherM
Picked mine up a couple weeks ago and having a blast getting to know it. Been checking out local back roads, etc. So much fun!
Congratulations on joining the T Club! She looks beautiful in white.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:01 AM
seis-speed
Pro

Received 447 Likes on 198 Posts

The T looks timeless in this video next to a 992 in same color.
Love the narrow body....

Old 05-14-2019, 08:23 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 574 Posts
Default LWBS...

Originally Posted by highwatersound
HI Guys with the carbon sport buckets, how are they on the long haul or multiple day road trips?
I have a 987.2 Spyder with the previous gen LWBS. It's the second Spyder I've had with them (the first I spent $8K to upgrade) so you could say I'm a fan. I drove 10 hours in them one day and found them super comfortable. They're just a pain to get in and out of. With the top off, they're much easier as you can use the windshield to hold onto as you elevate up and over and down into them. In the CT they're more of a hassle.

Originally Posted by mpwww
For me the LWBs are incredibly comfortable and supportive seats. But that’s after you get in them. You won’t want to be hopping in/out of LWBs. It takes a little bit of levitation.
'
Side note I went to a PCA event this weekend (NNJR PCA Driving Clinic) and the Lava T got lots of waves, thumbs ups, and shout outs. Really happy with the color. Makes me smile every time I get in it and every time I see it parked. And it was the only T there! GT3s, GT2s, and Turbos, but only 1 T.
Nice!

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
can only speak to my personal experience but I didn't tire from the seating position/stiffness/"lowness" of the seat

The only thing I had to do was add a bit of lumbar support by putting a folded hand towel between the alcantara seat insert and the actual CF seat frame which was a good tip from someone else here on RL. They look absolutely beautiful, but getting in and out can be tricky especially if you cannot open your door fully then it's tough

It's very subjective, some hate them some love them so highly encourage you to sit in them if not get seat time as a passenger in a LWBS equipped car before committing either way
Some hate , some love and I'm in between. I am still regretting not getting them with the incoming CT as I wanted access to the back seats and use the car more as a daily driver. They are just so darn sexy but I am hoping, and all reports sound good, that the 4WSS+ will be fantastic. Fingers crossed.

Originally Posted by Norge911
These also helps on comfort by reclining more. I like my LWB, no issue on long trip.

https://www.trackspecauto.com/store/ts001
Agreed.

Originally Posted by siete-speed
They are comfy, IMO. I had them for ~ 2hours at LAPEC, no issues with comfort.

I needed the backseats so I had no choice, but to spec sofas.

I will say, they (buckets) can be tricky for getting in and out, much more so than sofas.
They totally are. Once you are in them it's time to rock and roll. But if you are daily driving the car, perhaps with a suit on or something then they're not the best. I too want access to the back seats (the NA versions do not tint forward vs. the Euro LWBS), not for passengers but for easy storage. I may remove the seats and instal the Suncoast OEM seat-delete carpets. Then I'll have the best of both worlds.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:33 PM
Grantsfo
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 83 Posts

Will give my 2 cents on LWBS. For me they are comfortable for most drives under 2 hours. More than that and I get a little sore. Same with my wife. Its really not lack of cushion for larger driver like me its literally constant pressure from side bolsters on my hips. ...I know lose weight! I think funny thing is getting in and out isnt an issue for me. I read about people saying its tough etc. Didnt get it until I saw my wife getting out of LWBS. She struggles. Shorter people definitely have more trouble getting out of the LWBS. Taller just swing their leg out and step out like i do making it easy. I think shorter people cant get foot planted outside car and dont have as much leverage to lift themselves out of the seat.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:49 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,179 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by siete-speed
The T looks timeless in this video next to a 992 in same color.
Love the narrow body....

https://youtu.be/Pkf-SLdiusQ
I know I’m biased (especially owning a Racing Yellow T) but I too much prefer the look of the ‘narrow bodied’ T to the bulkier 992.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:05 PM
Das14444
Pro

Received 325 Likes on 158 Posts

It’s a CLUBSPORT (janko voice)

love my LWBs!
Old 05-14-2019, 05:14 PM
highwatersound
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to all for chiming in on LWBS. I have narrowed my search to a few existing T builds available. Not an ideal way to buy a 100K+ car but, too late to order. With each of the builds available, there are things I love and things I don't. It's got to be a manual and I really want rear axle steering. White, silver or black would be my color choices along with the 18 way seats. My top contender has the LWBS but, I worry about the access to the rear space which I love with no back seats. I know the LWBS do not tilt so, how limited is access? Finally, how feasible is it to buy another set of seats and retrofit depending on which seats I want to use depending on how I will be driving the car? Is the wiring harness still in the car where I could hook up the 18 ways or with the LWBS, is there just no harness at all present. I know I am asking lots of questions and as always, I really appreciate the feed back. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:38 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,301 Likes on 604 Posts

Originally Posted by highwatersound
Thanks to all for chiming in on LWBS. I have narrowed my search to a few existing T builds available. Not an ideal way to buy a 100K+ car but, too late to order. With each of the builds available, there are things I love and things I don't. It's got to be a manual and I really want rear axle steering. White, silver or black would be my color choices along with the 18 way seats. My top contender has the LWBS but, I worry about the access to the rear space which I love with no back seats. I know the LWBS do not tilt so, how limited is access? Finally, how feasible is it to buy another set of seats and retrofit depending on which seats I want to use depending on how I will be driving the car? Is the wiring harness still in the car where I could hook up the 18 ways or with the LWBS, is there just no harness at all present. I know I am asking lots of questions and as always, I really appreciate the feed back. Thanks in advance.
^ Were I in your shoes, I would go for the car with LWBS and look into selling the seats and replacing them with the 987/997-style folding buckets available for the 991 on carnewal.com...Gert is good people and I would do some research to be sure what will work in a Euro 991 will be okay over here, but I actually prefer the folding buckets in the 991 to the 918-style seats. Hold me better, and they seem to sit me more nicely in the 991 than they did in the 997 (where I felt I was too high). Suspect you can actually make money on the trade, so long as everything works out in terms of compatibility. You might take a hit on the way out of the car, but you probably will anyway so it's better to get the car *you* want.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:40 PM
Das14444
Pro

This just arrived!
Old 05-14-2019, 05:43 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 98 Posts

Where can you order and are other colors available. Looks great
Old 05-14-2019, 05:45 PM
Das14444
Pro

Originally Posted by white6speed
Where can you order and are other colors available. Looks great
I had a hard time finding it, but picked this one up on ebay for $80. It shipped from France.

Looks like they only made 200 from the numbers.

Question is: does the minichamps model have LWB?

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club