991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

>>The Official Porsche 991.2/911T Club<<Purist Driver's Car>>

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2018 | 08:42 PM
jimmymoO
Rennlist Member

If anyone on this thread that received the T have have tinted the windows let me know. I'm waiting to see if there's any special pre-cautious that need to be aware of.
Old 04-28-2018 | 09:25 PM
ronht
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ervin Wu
The T won't scratch your itch, as it is essential the same as the car you have now. I would suggest going back to getting a 84 Carrera for true authenticity.
I suppose to many that statement would seem accurate, however, In my opinion it's not and here's why -

My 2017 Carrera S is an absolutely wonderful car and the PDK transmission is spectacular, however as good as that transmission is, in my opinion, it's really taken all the fun out of the car and sterilizes what having a Porsche is really all about. It's like buying a Pitts aerobatic airplane and only flying it with an autopilot!

I'm never going to "track" any of my cars. Launch Mode is impressive, but mostly useless after doing it once or twice, (sorry I've outgrown the need for that) and I don't need the eye-watering top-end speed, or the traffic tickets that can be achieved with these cars. What I most enjoyed with my 84 Carrera is how much it made just driving across town - FUN! It provided a "driving experience" that required you to be engaged and it gave you the ability to push the car without it unnecessarily pushing the limits of whatever surroundings you are in. In my opinion, the PDK transmission sterilizes all of that, after an initial push around a corner, it's already in 6th gear and while you can drive it in "manual mode" the back and forth shifting is about as exciting as the push-button Valarie my grandma used to have. Sorry if I've offended anyone who owns a PDK. Like I said in the beginning, it is a spectacular transmission, but I'm just missing that "driving engagement" that I grew up with - THAT is why I think the Carrera T could be an ideal car for me.

As far as going back to a "classic" Carrera, I may do that someday as well, but only as a collector car. While I've kicked myself over and over again for selling the one I had years ago, at the time life and kids got in the way and I didn't want to experience coming home to discover a "Ferris Bueller" weekend had taken place when I was out of town. Besides, I love the newer features and driving improvements Porsche has engineered into these cars over the years and I'm not ready to give up on all of that.

Anyway, thanks for listening. I'm envious of the comments here from those who have collected their T's and I look forward to hearing more.
Old 04-29-2018 | 12:12 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

deleted
Old 04-29-2018 | 12:33 AM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Alex
i feel you w garage problem, I back in the car on left as close to wall as possible and car on right also goes close to wall. This gives maximum space for both driver cars door but means I need to pull out of garage before my passenger can enter.
Normally not and issue as DD stays outside.
But with the arrival of the T, this will change. :-)
Old 04-29-2018 | 01:16 AM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tgavem
Alex
i feel you w garage problem, I back in the car on left as close to wall as possible and car on right also goes close to wall. This gives maximum space for both driver cars door but means I need to pull out of garage before my passenger can enter.
Normally not and issue as DD stays outside.
But with the arrival of the T, this will change. :-)

It is funny you should mention the garage problems. I have the bad habit of driving in the garage while the door is about 3/4 up and enough to get in. And just by sheer luck, today as I was already parked in the garage, I closed it and half way down the giant spring broke down and the door just dropped all the way down. I can only imagine if it had broken while I was going in driving the T. Could have been a disaster!

I guess it was my lucky day.
Old 04-29-2018 | 01:30 AM
solemojo
Track Day

What kind of SUV? Neither C2 nor T will hold value well so might as well buy T and lease C2. Keep T in south and C2 in ON.
Not sure if you live in Canada Ervin, but all 911’s in Canada hold value ( not that I ordered one for that reason, I always wanted one as a child)
i first started looking for a used one, but they were so hard to find, and almost as much as a new one, so I though what the hell, order a new one!

I don’t like drive ordinary cars, and want something unique, I thought the T would be that something special, as I can’t get a new GT 3 RS, in Canada they are impossible, I don’t have the “pull” to get one.

as DD maybe I put on 10,000kms per year, maybe maybe, my suv is two years old with 10,000kms, so when I’m done with them they are perfect cars for the next owner.
Old 04-29-2018 | 03:59 PM
racemor
Racer

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
Wait, what? You bit the bullet? Well done! Did you share the spec?
Here are the specs:
- GT Silver Metallic (I wish we could do PTS!)
- Leather Interior in Black with Sport-Tex Seat Centers (no pinstripes)
- Bi-Xenon™ Headlights with Porsche Dynamic Light System
- Fuel Cap with Aluminum Look Finish
- 7-speed Manual Transmission
- Rear Axle Steering
- Chrono Package with Porsche TrackPrecision App
- 20" Carrera S Wheels
- Sport Seats Plus, 4-way (I need the back seat)
- Seat Heating
- Smoking Package
- Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
- Alcantara® EKL GT Sport Steering Wheel and Manual Gear Lever in Alcantara®
- Sun Visors in Alcantara®
- BOSE® Surround Sound System
- Delivery Experience ZGA Porsche Experience Center Delivery (Atlanta)

Overall, pretty basic as it's the performance stuff I'm after. A few special touches with the leather and Alcantara® bits. I've got a couple of days before lock in, I think I may add front axle lift since I've got a big drop off between the road and my driveway. Unless I'm at just the right approach angle in my C2 or it scrapes. Also may delete RAS, on the fence about that one.
Old 04-29-2018 | 06:48 PM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by solemojo

Not sure if you live in Canada Ervin, but all 911’s in Canada hold value ( not that I ordered one for that reason, I always wanted one as a child)
i first started looking for a used one, but they were so hard to find, and almost as much as a new one, so I though what the hell, order a new one!

I don’t like drive ordinary cars, and want something unique, I thought the T would be that something special, as I can’t get a new GT 3 RS, in Canada they are impossible, I don’t have the “pull” to get one.

as DD maybe I put on 10,000kms per year, maybe maybe, my suv is two years old with 10,000kms, so when I’m done with them they are perfect cars for the next owner.
It isn't that difficult to get a new GT3RS in Canada. You seem to drive a lot of kilometres per year. 911s aren't that unique and they depreciate too.
Old 04-29-2018 | 09:40 PM
solemojo
Track Day

It isn't that difficult to get a new GT3RS in Canada. You seem to drive a lot of kilometres per year. 911s aren't that unique and they depreciate too.
Most cars depreciate, just Porsche seem to hold value better than others, is my point.
my dealer tells me good luck getting a GT3 brand new in Canada, can’t see why he would lie to me?.
Ervin, do you live in Canada, are you a Porsche dealer, do you have a GT 3?
Old 04-29-2018 | 09:43 PM
russdc
Instructor

Picking up my T tomorrow!!! Pics to follow
Old 04-30-2018 | 12:27 AM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

1,000 miles today.

I’m calling it.

Let her rip.

Old 04-30-2018 | 03:26 AM
sjglaser
Advanced

Originally Posted by racemor
Here are the specs:
- GT Silver Metallic (I wish we could do PTS!)
- Leather Interior in Black with Sport-Tex Seat Centers (no pinstripes)
- Bi-Xenon™ Headlights with Porsche Dynamic Light System
- Fuel Cap with Aluminum Look Finish
- 7-speed Manual Transmission
- Rear Axle Steering
- Chrono Package with Porsche TrackPrecision App
- 20" Carrera S Wheels
- Sport Seats Plus, 4-way (I need the back seat)
- Seat Heating
- Smoking Package
- Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
- Alcantara® EKL GT Sport Steering Wheel and Manual Gear Lever in Alcantara®
- Sun Visors in Alcantara®
- BOSE® Surround Sound System
- Delivery Experience ZGA Porsche Experience Center Delivery (Atlanta)

Overall, pretty basic as it's the performance stuff I'm after. A few special touches with the leather and Alcantara® bits. I've got a couple of days before lock in, I think I may add front axle lift since I've got a big drop off between the road and my driveway. Unless I'm at just the right approach angle in my C2 or it scrapes. Also may delete RAS, on the fence about that one.
racemor, I also was on the fence on front axle lift, but went with it. From experience, if in doubt, get it. It is very slick and effective. It buys a lot of piece of mind. Nice build BTW
Old 04-30-2018 | 09:49 AM
racemor
Racer

Originally Posted by sjglaser
racemor, I also was on the fence on front axle lift, but went with it. From experience, if in doubt, get it. It is very slick and effective. It buys a lot of piece of mind. Nice build BTW
Thanks, I think you are right. I've already got a call in to see if I can make the spec change.
Old 04-30-2018 | 01:22 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

+1 on Front Axle Lift. Get it. You won't regret it.
Old 04-30-2018 | 01:27 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Yup. +2. Im paying for it
Someone came by my house with his 997.2 GT3 yesterday. I was nearly eviscerated by the prolonged grinding sound the front lip made as he backed out of my driveway (full lock). Looks like $2,590 for primary prevention of a myocardial infarction is a necessary cost for me.

Quick Reply: >>The Official Porsche 991.2/911T Club<<Purist Driver's Car>>