Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

000 Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 04:56 PM
n8kruger
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I love it. You seem to understand the collector psychology perfectly. Now my complete set of issues and old style soft cover slip cases are even more valuable! Not that I would ever sell...just like the cars.

I think you should do it. I could send sets to people for Christmas presents.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:05 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by n8kruger

Oh, great idea!

God bless,
TT
Old 06-30-2020, 06:49 PM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 655 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
Not saying we will do it, but…

We continue to evaluate 000 "catchup" sets offered by year, possibly with a slipcase included. The obvious years to address are those that are sold out. Prototyp is the only issue we've said we won't reproduce in soft-cover. The product would have subtle signifiers as to its status as a second printing, much as books do and the sole reprint to date—for Issue 001—did (subtle hint on the spine, and then marked as second printing on the inside front cover). Alternative would be to move to a lesser level of printing (still good, but not as nice as the originals). We don't at all mind that those who took the plunge on 000 have seen the value of their purchase hold up, but we don't love the idea that they're so hard to get that they either can't be had or the pricing is many multiples.

The sticking point is barrier to entry, as it's a big-ticket threshold. Curious for customer thoughts around this.
Two things Pete, are you saying you're going to be making a soft (single) slipcover for those of us that have the prototyp issue? Secondly, what if you make the cover of the reprint prototyp issue a REAR shot of the Type 64? Just a suggestion, though maybe not a subtle as you were thinking. (and will that also come with a single softcover, maybe even marked PROTOTYP on the soft cover?)
Old 07-01-2020, 11:31 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,312 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
on top of having purchased more than a few 000 gift subscriptions for additional enthusiasts.
Thank you for this, Tom!

Originally Posted by phefner
Like the idea @stout . Was late joining 000 and would enjoy an opportunity to add to the series, even with the reprint.

Cheers.
You're not alone in this, and it's on my mind often. 000 was never designed to be a product for a mass audience, but it's obvious that we printed too few of several issues given that they're sold out.

Originally Posted by n8kruger
I love it. You seem to understand the collector psychology perfectly. Now my complete set of issues and old style soft cover slip cases are even more valuable! Not that I would ever sell...just like the cars.

We just like the idea of doing right by those who have supported this little art/passion project, for lack of a better term. We also dig subtle cues, things that are invisible to those who don't care but are known by those who do. There are other easter eggs in 000.

Good to have this feedback. Thank you.

Originally Posted by JustBud
Two things Pete, are you saying you're going to be making a soft (single) slipcover for those of us that have the prototyp issue? Secondly, what if you make the cover of the reprint prototyp issue a REAR shot of the Type 64? Just a suggestion, though maybe not a subtle as you were thinking. (and will that also come with a single softcover, maybe even marked PROTOTYP on the soft cover?)
Hey Bud. We have no plans at this time to do a single slipcase for the soft-cover Prototyp issue, nor will we reprint that issue in soft-cover form. "Issue zero" was meant as a marketing piece and bonus to those who subscribed in the first year. It was kind of fun—and, in hindsight, crazy—to turn the usual magazine prototype used to get advertisers on board into a real issue for readers to have instead. Given the value they've taken on, and the popularity of the soft-cover slipcases, a single slipcase might be a good idea. Will cook on that.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:10 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Thank you for this, Tom!

Most welcome, Pete. Maybe the best present--next to a 718 Spyder--one can give a fellow enthusiast. Just wish 000 came out every month. ;-)

God bless,
TT
Old 07-01-2020, 12:14 PM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 86 Posts

I still subscribe to the "you get what you pay for" mantra, so although the cost is high the quality of materials and depth of content that Rebekah has created reflects that
Old 07-01-2020, 12:21 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by cscrogham
I still subscribe to the "you get what you pay for" mantra, so although the cost is high the quality of materials and depth of content that Rebekah has created reflects that
Good to see Rebekah getting some well deserved recognition but don't forget Pete...and Alex, too. ;-)

God bless,
TT
Old 07-01-2020, 01:04 PM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 86 Posts

I know where my bread is buttered!

Good to see Rebekah getting some well deserved recognition but don't forget Pete...and Alex, too. ;-)

God bless,
TT
Old 07-01-2020, 01:17 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Just wish 000 came out every month. ;-)
(Goes into convulsions.)

There are more reasons than one we decided to call her The Money.

Agreed—but Alex and I just work here.

I know where my bread is buttered!
Smart man!
Old 07-01-2020, 08:48 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

(Goes into convulsions.)
No convulsions, please, Pete! We need you. I apologize for the thoughtless comment.

God bless,
TT
Old 07-31-2020, 01:05 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 456 Likes on 308 Posts

Haven't received the 000 issue #14 yet. Has it been released?
Old 07-31-2020, 01:12 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by DBH
Received it a couple of days ago. It's fabulous, as always.

God bless,
TT
Old 07-31-2020, 01:21 PM
OTM
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DBH
Just arrived minutes ago. Looking forward to spending some time with it outside this weekend!
Old 07-31-2020, 01:23 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DBH
Yes, actually printed and "released" several weeks ago (our printer is a government contractor, which is good in the age of C-19).

But shipping/mailing is a bit trickier right now—so please never hesitate to reach out to Rebekah via https://www.000magazine.com/contact/ if you need help tracking your issue or to report it missing!
Old 07-31-2020, 01:29 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 456 Likes on 308 Posts

Thanks for the responses. We tend to be at the end of the line here in south central PA as far as post office deliveries are concerned. I'll give it a couple more days. As always, I look forward to a great read.

Quick Reply: 000 Magazine