Sponsored by:

000 Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 08:23 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts
Default 000 Magazine

On initial thought I found the subscription price of 000 magazine to seem quite ridiculous. My wife got me an issue for Christmas (issue 3) and I absolutely loved it. Immediately after reading it I went ahead and subscribed and my first issue on the subscription was issue 4. The content is really in depth and enjoyable to read. Way different than a standard magazine and I now find the price quite reasonable for what you get.
After reading issue 4 I decided I would like to get the first 3 Issues I missed. The original issue is P (I think for Preview) and then there is 1 and 2 so five total so far. As luck would have it I came across someone on Ebay selling all 5 issues together in their original boxes in almost like new condition. I could buy all 5 for cheaper than I could buy the 3 I was missing individually so I did that. As a result I have an extra issue of 3 and 4.

I am looking for two people that are interested in 000 but have not purchased it for whatever reason or maybe have been thinking about subscribing. Please if you already have read the magazine give someone new a chance to get it. The issues sell for $75 new on the 000 website. I will be happy to give the first two people who message me the issues and all I ask is that after I ship them I can message you the shipping cost and you just reimburse me via paypal or check for whatever it cost me to send them to you. I would assume $10-15. I would like to limit this to continental USA only please. Also I would ask that when you are done with it of you don't want to keep it just pay it forward and pass it on to someone else who might enjoy reading it.

So first two people that message me an address get them and I will send them and just appreciate reimbursement for shipping costs. I should be able to get them out Monday.
Here they are in the original boxes they were shipped in.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:36 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

1 is spoken for.
1 remaining.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:41 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Both spoken for. That did not take long!
Old 03-03-2018, 08:58 PM
mikeearly
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

nor should it .... .... and by the way P was for Prototype ....
Old 03-03-2018, 11:05 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Prototype...thats right. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2018, 11:08 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can I have FROR for your future issues of 000?
Old 03-03-2018, 11:14 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Pete Stout sounds like a great guy and is certainly a wonderful contributor to RL. I'm trying to understand this magazine though. $75 bucks for an issue! Is it the writing, pictures, lack of advertising or some insight the other auto journalists lack? Someone enlighten me!

Jim
Old 03-04-2018, 03:00 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 96redLT4
Pete Stout sounds like a great guy and is certainly a wonderful contributor to RL. I'm trying to understand this magazine though. $75 bucks for an issue! Is it the writing, pictures, lack of advertising or some insight the other auto journalists lack? Someone enlighten me!
It has the best naked ladies! Way better than on internets buy buy buy!
Old 03-04-2018, 05:56 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,117 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator

The boxing is super nice.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:33 AM
n8kruger
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Porsche owners will pay more for something really good. Glad Pete got this figured out.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:25 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Jim
Well for one there is almost no advertising. Maybe 5 pages total in the entire magazine so the amount of readable content you get in 1 issue is probably 4-5 times or more of a standard magazine. If you think of it that way would you pay $15 each for 5 magazines for the same total content? In my mind that makes the per issue cost seen much easier to justify,
After reading them it is somewhat hard for me to describe but the content is just different. The level of depth in the stories far exceeds that of a normal magazine. Lots of very cool pictures and documentation to support the stories. Very different than a standard car mag.
Best thing I can recommend is to do what I did and get one issue and try it out and see for yourself. Wouldn't imagine $75 is going to break anyone here. Maybe it will be something you really end up liking and maybe not. That is why I wanted to give my 2 extra copies away so someone new could get the opportunity to check it out.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:26 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ervin Wu
Can I have FROR for your future issues of 000?
No I'm not shipping to Canada. haha
Seriously though these were 2 extras I had. I plan to keep my other issues as I will not have duplicates.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:46 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,257 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator

Lolz. Well played, 360 man. (And you know I am just kiddin, I hope!)

It's good to have a laugh on a Sunday morning back in the office, so thanks for that.

I'm trying to understand this magazine though. $75 bucks for an issue! Is it the writing, pictures, lack of advertising or some insight the other auto journalists lack? Someone enlighten me!

Jim
I'm not sure how to answer this without it sounding like a pitch, but after 18 years of doing Porsche magazines as we've known them since the 1980s, I just wanted to try something a bit different.

Maybe it's better to let readers say what they think:
https://www.000magazine.com/testimonials/

Originally Posted by n8kruger
Porsche owners will pay more for something really good. Glad Pete got this figured out.
^ This was a big part of it.

000 wasn't created to compete with existing Porsche magazines, books, or digital entities. 000 was built to add another layer in the landscape, hopefully one that's really enjoyable to interact with–something that looks good in a nice home, that is worth keeping, and is fun to return to.

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
That is why I wanted to give my 2 extra copies away so someone new could get the opportunity to check it out.
Beyond cool. Thank you...

Last edited by stout; 03-04-2018 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:53 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Black market underground 000 Magazine hustling. The new opioid. Must be that good
Old 03-04-2018, 03:02 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,257 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Black market underground 000 Magazine hustling. The new opioid. Must be that good
Haha.

And these are the early days...

Quick Reply: 000 Magazine