Sponsored by:

000 Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2020, 12:33 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,319 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceepe
Had one lost in the mail, but the replacement just arrived. Can't wait to read! About to sit down with it.

edit. What an amazing publication! The Carrera T piece is really enjoyable. As a previous owner of a base 991.2 and now a Carrera T I found the comments spot on. First car opinion and writing which I've appreciated in a long while. Great job. Can't wait to read the other sections. One article within one edition has sold me on a full subscription.
Thank you (!), and it has been great to have Palevsky back in print—and every aspect of 000. That was a particularly fun edit, and his writing is deceptively complete.

Originally Posted by smiles11
That article alone is quite a masterpiece. It has since, always stuck the T in the back of my mind.
Again, all Alex. Glad you dug it!
Originally Posted by TheDeckMan

Keep up the good work Pete! I have been pouring back and forth over your review of the 911T and keep coming back to wanting it more and more as it seems more in spirit with the other turbos in the garage. I have been looking at GT4's and just cant sell myself on something other than another 911 with turbos. The girlfriend really likes the T, so think next up is for some seat time in one to see if it is the right ticket.
Will do, and the T is a rule breaker in this: I normally encourage people who will have more than one Porsche in the garage to pursue contrasts so that each provides a different experience that amplifies the other—but the 991.2 Carreras are at once unlike twin-turbocharged 911s like your GT2 and very much twin-turbocharged 911s. Delivery is highly NA (and nowhere more so than the Carrera/T) if you drive it like an NA car, but the 3.0's turbocharged nature is apparent if you drive it like a turbo car.

And the T's chassis is sublime for road work.

Originally Posted by phefner
@stout Looking to add issue #2 to my collection and see it’s currently sold out on your website. Would there be any recent copies or a digital version I could get my hands on?

If anyone has a copy they would be willing to depart with, please send a PM.

Cheers!
We're a print-only affair in a digital world, but we're mulling some year-by-year "catchup" sets due to demand. No promises, as the threshold to fire up the presses isn't a low bar, but we get a lot of requests and it's on our radar.
The following users liked this post:
TheDeckMan (05-17-2020)
Old 05-16-2020, 12:45 AM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
...it has been great to have Palevsky back in print...
Really enjoyed his piece in the current issue of 000 on the 992 C2S vs 991.2 GTS. Of course, the editing was fabulous, as always! ;-)

For Christ,
TT
Old 05-16-2020, 01:11 AM
phefner
Rennlist Member

Received 709 Likes on 422 Posts

@stout , thanks for responding sir.
Old 05-16-2020, 11:46 AM
Alc
Racer

Received 537 Likes on 219 Posts

Stout,
Does your publication have hardback issues for certain editions? Example, if I wanted 006 in hardback is that available? Thanks!
Old 05-16-2020, 01:08 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
Really enjoyed his piece in the current issue of 000 on the 992 C2S vs 991.2 GTS. Of course, the editing was fabulous, as always! ;-)

For Christ,
TT
Alex is a genius…which always makes the edit easier—and more fun.

Originally Posted by phefner
@stout , thanks for responding sir.
You are most welcome!

Originally Posted by Alc
Stout,
Does your publication have hardback issues for certain editions? Example, if I wanted 006 in hardback is that available? Thanks!
The hardcover S editions are only available in sets—as selling one means we end up with three S editions with a matching "VIN" number we can't sell—in an expensive aluminum slipcase to boot. Not my lane, but I believe the back stock of S sets varies by year and is down to single or very low double digits for Year 1 and is tight for Year 3 as well (probably due in part to which issues are sold out in soft-cover). I believe Year 2 (2018) S sets are the most plentiful, but we're still talking about fairly low numbers.

One of the things we wanted to avoid—with both the soft- and hardcover editions—was the storage of back issues Alex and I saw at previous magazines we've worked on. We wanted to put those dollars into the product rather storing it, whether on site or at a printer's warehouse. I've seen those fees, and have personally dumped many boxes of back issues into dumpsters, which felt insanely wasteful both in terms of $$ and the environment (the newsstand is even worse when it comes to waste…). As a result, we only print a little more than we have customers for. The trick is figuring out the right qty as people are still discovering 000 and we're finding some customers want complete sets. Unfortunately, the bar to firing up the press again—particularly for multiple issues—is very high. We're still evaluating this.

Best way here is to inquire via 000magazine.com/contact/ as you'll reach a real human who can answer your questions. We are still small enough that we can sometimes accommodate special requests, so it can't hurt to ask.
Old 05-18-2020, 06:42 PM
TheDeckMan
Rennlist Member

Received 439 Likes on 251 Posts

Will do, and the T is a rule breaker in this: I normally encourage people who will have more than one Porsche in the garage to pursue contrasts so that each provides a different experience that amplifies the other—but the 991.2 Carreras are at once unlike twin-turbocharged 911s like your GT2 and very much twin-turbocharged 911s. Delivery is highly NA (and nowhere more so than the Carrera/T) if you drive it like an NA car, but the 3.0's turbocharged nature is apparent if you drive it like a turbo car.

And the T's chassis is sublime for road work.
Pete, thanks for great insight! Time to go find one for a drive
The following users liked this post:
F1SML8R (05-18-2020)
Old 05-18-2020, 10:38 PM
iWrenchmy911
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Alex is a genius…which always makes the edit easier—and more fun.

You are most welcome!

The hardcover S editions are only available in sets—as selling one means we end up with three S editions with a matching "VIN" number we can't sell—in an expensive aluminum slipcase to boot. Not my lane, but I believe the back stock of S sets varies by year and is down to single or very low double digits for Year 1 and is tight for Year 3 as well (probably due in part to which issues are sold out in soft-cover). I believe Year 2 (2018) S sets are the most plentiful, but we're still talking about fairly low numbers.

One of the things we wanted to avoid—with both the soft- and hardcover editions—was the storage of back issues Alex and I saw at previous magazines we've worked on. We wanted to put those dollars into the product rather storing it, whether on site or at a printer's warehouse. I've seen those fees, and have personally dumped many boxes of back issues into dumpsters, which felt insanely wasteful both in terms of $$ and the environment (the newsstand is even worse when it comes to waste…). As a result, we only print a little more than we have customers for. The trick is figuring out the right qty as people are still discovering 000 and we're finding some customers want complete sets. Unfortunately, the bar to firing up the press again—particularly for multiple issues—is very high. We're still evaluating this.

Best way here is to inquire via 000magazine.com/contact/ as you'll reach a real human who can answer your questions. We are still small enough that we can sometimes accommodate special requests, so it can't hurt to ask.
I think the best approach is to get 'em while you can, that's what I've been doing. I witnessed very early on after discovering 000 that waiting even a week meant those early issues were gone. I sorely regret it now and when an issue is available with content I desire, I order it on the spot.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:00 PM
737gdog
Burning Brakes

Received 572 Likes on 289 Posts

Wife gave me 006 today for Father’s Day. As a T owner, I’m looking forward to reading it. 8 year old Daughter gave me a coffee mug that says, “worlds greatest farter, father”. Oh well. Very nice magazine.
Old 06-26-2020, 12:10 PM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 786 Posts

Still looking for #10 to complete my full set. Anyone who received #9, #10 and #11 from PCNA and is prepared to sell #10, please PM me.
Old 06-26-2020, 02:29 PM
john rice
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If cgurnew gets lucky, please consider me #2. I'm in the same boat.. no paddle. I've got ALL BUT #10 and would love to have a copy. If your dog ate most of a copy of #10 I'm still game. I love the beautiful presentation of these books but I'm mostly concerned with the content.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:34 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Not saying we will do it, but…

We continue to evaluate 000 "catchup" sets offered by year, possibly with a slipcase included. The obvious years to address are those that are sold out. Prototyp is the only issue we've said we won't reproduce in soft-cover. The product would have subtle signifiers as to its status as a second printing, much as books do and the sole reprint to date—for Issue 001—did (subtle hint on the spine, and then marked as second printing on the inside front cover). Alternative would be to move to a lesser level of printing (still good, but not as nice as the originals). We don't at all mind that those who took the plunge on 000 have seen the value of their purchase hold up, but we don't love the idea that they're so hard to get that they either can't be had or the pricing is many multiples.

The sticking point is barrier to entry, as it's a big-ticket threshold. Curious for customer thoughts around this.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:55 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Received 838 Likes on 416 Posts

Not saying we will do it, but…

We continue to evaluate 000 "catchup" sets offered by year, possibly with a slipcase included. The obvious years to address are those that are sold out. Prototyp is the only issue we've said we won't reproduce in soft-cover. The product would have subtle signifiers as to its status as a second printing, much as books do and the sole reprint to date—for Issue 001—did (subtle hint on the spine, and then marked as second printing on the inside front cover). Alternative would be to move to a lesser level of printing (still good, but not as nice as the originals). We don't at all mind that those who took the plunge on 000 have seen the value of their purchase hold up, but we don't love the idea that they're so hard to get that they either can't be had or the pricing is many multiples.

The sticking point is barrier to entry, as it's a big-ticket threshold. Curious for customer thoughts around this.
I'm still eyeing the slipcase box sets, but it's just too much of a luxury for me right now. Plus, I really don't have a use for the model sculpture that comes with it. I know it's nice and I wouldn't mind it, but it's not necessary for me. Having said that, I think having an online subscription may work here. I may get shot for saying this, but I think it would please the folks who don't care about collecting and just want to read the articles. Just a thought. I do get that having the large format print and a physical magazine (book) is much nicer, but....it's an alternative solution.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:04 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ikone
I'm still eyeing the slipcase box sets, but it's just too much of a luxury for me right now. Plus, I really don't have a use for the model sculpture that comes with it. I know it's nice and I wouldn't mind it, but it's not necessary for me. Having said that, I think having an online subscription may work here. I may get shot for saying this, but I think it would please the folks who don't care about collecting and just want to read the articles. Just a thought. I do get that having the large format print and a physical magazine (book) is much nicer, but....it's an alternative solution.
Ah, I should have been clearer: This wouldn't be reprints of 000 S (the hardbound copies with the aluminum slipcase), this would be reprints of the soft-cover 000 with the softcover slipcase (which is nice, but not aluminum and soft-lined).

So, the regular version of 000 plus this slipcase or one like it: https://www.000magazine.com/shop/softcover-slipcase/ (While we lost our vendor for the soft-cover slipcase to C-19, hence the current "sold out," we've found another supplier...and the samples are even nicer imo.)
Old 06-30-2020, 02:14 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

No comment here as I give my 000s to other enthusiasts, on top of having purchased more than a few 000 gift subscriptions for additional enthusiasts. Trying to spread the 000 goodness around! Call me not a collector of fine art. ;-)

God bless,
TT

Last edited by TomTarzian; 06-30-2020 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:45 PM
phefner
Rennlist Member

Received 709 Likes on 422 Posts

Like the idea @stout . Was late joining 000 and would enjoy an opportunity to add to the series, even with the reprint.

Cheers.

Quick Reply: 000 Magazine