Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche PCM Upgrade/Hack for Android Auto? Is this real?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 07:08 PM
chris2
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by walawa75
Hello and thanks to all for this great thread.

I repacked an ifs-root file today with Chris2 instructions but something is strange, the file is larger than original one. is this normal ?
Yeah, the filesystem attributes file (attributes.txt) is not identical to the one that hb used, so the file should be a little larger on account of extra metadata that is now included.
The following users liked this post:
walawa75 (09-07-2019)
Old 09-09-2019, 03:29 PM
TrueaAndOnlyTrue
7th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny that you had to edit your long novel, where you "expressed" nice, by using bad words and call other people which don't think same as you, by bad titles, names, epithets... That's say enough about you, one small, scarried mouse, who is too much scarried that will loose profit, as chris2 decided share his knowledge with rest of rennlist forum members, his experience and findings that rest of rennlist members can benefit and solve problems of activation Android Auto for PCM4 and activation PCM4 for retrofit.

If you are such honest guy and guy with "much" ethics, you'll say true that you are guy with nick name "congo" at hundreds of car forums, where you offer your services, and that you are guy from Bulgaria behind this website

http://www.audi-mib.bg/

and that you are afraid, that will loose profit, if chris2 helps other rennlist members to solve their activation of navigations, Android Auto, etc

And sure that you copied work of other people, as sure you weren't first in the world who solved MIB 1+2 activations, but other guy solved, and you reused his work , as many other did . And FYI i'm not from Russia, i'm too far from Russia, my location is West Europe , to be concrete - Germany, and i can confirm, no one had problems in Germany cause did activations for MIB1+2 units, and many people offer those services for MIB1+MIB2 , same as you offer .

for Chris2, congratulations for your great work, keep it up, and continue do great work and sharing with rennlist member, dont take serious such stories by just one more seller of MIB1+2 activation like congobg, seller behind website mentioned above.
The following 3 users liked this post by TrueaAndOnlyTrue:
ansi2k (02-14-2020), danny fu (12-16-2019), Marek GoÅ‚aÅ› (06-07-2020)
Old 09-11-2019, 05:13 AM
johnnymacan
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! Is is possible to change the display resolution in PCM4 unit to use it on screen from VAG ?
Old 09-18-2019, 07:07 AM
leader79
1st Gear

Default Patching MIBRoot

Originally Posted by chris2
Enabling Android Auto on PCM4
Hi Chris2,

You documented 6 addresses in the tutorial to patch MIBRoot, but on the IDA "Patch bytes" summary window it seems that you made modifications on 7 memory addresses.
After one function call you patched the "MOVNE R4, #0" instruction at address 0x783D48 as well.
What is the purpose of this patch? There is no information about this in your description.

Regards,
leader
Old 09-24-2019, 08:10 AM
aigort
2nd Gear

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I would like to help in any way I can. I am trying to do the same job as @ chris2. Before reading his thread I had reached some inquiries on my own but right now I am stuck. I can't patch the MIBROOT. I have connected to another unit that was already patched and I have seen that the fec container is empty and within exceptionlist there is a list of fazit. I think there is some kind of development mode activated but I don't know in what way could anyone help me?
I have also seen that your MIBROOT and that of my unit are the same.

Thanks so much for any help

Old 09-24-2019, 08:27 AM
simaservis1108
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by aigort
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I would like to help in any way I can. I am trying to do the same job as @ chris2. Before reading his thread I had reached some inquiries on my own but right now I am stuck. I can't patch the MIBROOT. I have connected to another unit that was already patched and I have seen that the fec container is empty and within exceptionlist there is a list of fazit. I think there is some kind of development mode activated but I don't know in what way could anyone help me?
I have also seen that your MIBROOT and that of my unit are the same.

Thanks so much for any help
Your unit has been patched by other method.Here is described FEC signature patch,and your unit was patched for ExceptionList.txt.
They are not the same and cant be compared.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:34 AM
aigort
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by simaservis1108
Your unit has been patched by other method.Here is described FEC signature patch,and your unit was patched for ExceptionList.txt.
They are not the same and cant be compared.
Thank you very much for your response, could you even help me privately or publicly with any of the methods?
Old 09-24-2019, 08:06 PM
clubblau
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for the great guide Chris2!

Has anyone successfully connected to PCM4 without UART (either WiFi Hotspot, FT2xxx USB Serial Cable. or Ethernet)?

I am looking to do the same without the UART adapter, but wanted to see if anyone else had done it successfully first. I have a USB ethernet adapter and it would be much easier if I could connect to PCM4 with it - would it simply attach via the center console USB port?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by chris2
No SSH. PCM will open the ports with D-Link DUB-E100 adapters, or any adapter with SMSC/Microchip LAN9500 or LAN9514 chipsets. It also looks like any FTDI FT2XXX based USB-Serial adapter will launch a serial interface w/ 115200,8,N,1. You can also connect to the car's WiFi hotspot if available (enable WLAN, then tap the connections icons in the lower left corner -> Hotspot), then telnet into the PCM4 via its IP address of 10.0.0.15

It is very important to note that connecting over telnet will open a session through the MMX, so we will need to open a telnet connection to the RCC before we can flash the firmware. Opening a telnet session on the RCC directly, via its IP address (10.0.0.16) and port 23 causes the telnet daemon to crash, so we must log in through the MMX at 10.0.0.15 and create a telnet service on an alternate port. See the commands below, I chose port 24 but anything unused should do.

Code:
MacBook:~$ telnet 10.0.0.15 23
Trying 10.0.0.15...
Connected to 10.0.0.15.
Escape character is '^]'.

QNX Neutrino (mmx) (ttyp0)

login: root
Password:
# on -f rcc /net/mmx/usr/sbin/telnetd -debug 24 &
[1] 4493435
# bg %1
[1] on -f rcc /net/mmx/usr/sbin/telnetd -debug 24
# exit
Connection closed by foreign host.
MacBook:~$ telnet 10.0.0.16 24
Trying 10.0.0.16...
Connected to 10.0.0.16.
Escape character is '^]'.

QNX Neutrino (rcc) (ttyp0)

login: root
Password:
___ _ _ __ __ ___ _____
/ |_ _ __| (_) | \/ |_ _| _ \
/ /| | | | |/ _ | | | |\/| || || |_)_/
/ __ | |_| | (_| | | | | | || || |_) \
/_/ |_|__,__|\__,_|_| |_| |_|___|_____/

/ > ls
HBpersistence dev hbsystem mnt proc srv var
bin eso irc net sbin tmp
config etc lib opt scripts usr
/ >
Now that you have a connection open to the RCC you can start issuing the commands from the guide. Just note if something goes wrong and the head unit gets bricked, you'll need a connection via UART, which is why I suggested that in the original guide.

Also, I should mention that you won't be able to access telnet if you connect PCM4 as a client to your router, so the WiFi Hotspot method probably requires that you have the 4G LTE module optioned. You need to connect your computer to PCM4 either through UART, WiFi Hotspot, FT2xxx USB Serial Cable. or Ethernet.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:04 AM
itdimko
1st Gear

Default mibroot

chris2, good afternoon. Please tell me why I can't find MIBRoot after unpacking ifs-root.ifs using dumpifs? It is not taken into account when unpacking. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Old 10-23-2019, 12:56 PM
sirtom
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Has anyone successfully connected to PCM4 without UART (either WiFi Hotspot, FT2xxx USB Serial Cable. or Ethernet)?

Does the head unit have to be removed to connect UART?
Old 10-23-2019, 02:51 PM
billa77
Track Day

Don’t know if I will (be able) to hack because this is more difficult/touchy than my firmware experiences on the routers or mobiles but this is a great Hack!

Thank you Chris2!
Old 10-30-2019, 09:58 AM
parsec82
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interesting hack, i want to try this on my car but... i have see the "STEP 5 " and i'm stopped... are possible to have this procedure for start and finish this hack?
The following users liked this post:
Papazer (11-25-2019)
Old 10-30-2019, 10:29 AM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 696 Likes on 478 Posts

Looking at all that code reminds me of the old DTV H card days. Im a 100% droid house but Sorry but NO way am I messing with root on my PCM, thats way beyond my pay grade
Old 10-30-2019, 04:51 PM
acool
1st Gear

I'm more interested in the QNX tinkering than the actual module hacking, lol. Did the scripts get taken down?
Old 10-30-2019, 05:20 PM
sterod
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I was debating doing this but ultimately came to the conclusion that even if I did, I'll never get full screen Android or the Split Screen feature which is what I really want. Android Auto will always have that navigation bar on the bottom or side wasting space and I really want the full screen experience. As a result, I ordered the SDK Auto kit and will be receiving it soon.

Last edited by sterod; 10-30-2019 at 06:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Porsche PCM Upgrade/Hack for Android Auto? Is this real?