Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche PCM Upgrade/Hack for Android Auto? Is this real?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 05:36 PM
Option Plus
Track Day

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

great job chris2 , again i should say you are awesome .

i have some question .

1.step 5 - 5 : you said " linux computer with dumpifs binary " can you help me how to download dumpifs to my ubuntu windows 10 ?

2.have you tried to disable VIM ( video in motion ) ? as far as i know it need a code in Manuelle Codierung ohne MCR-Regeln ,

thanks
Old 08-20-2019, 06:03 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,126 Likes on 673 Posts

would love to try this however I am techno illiterate

I will have to wait for the plug and play version
Old 08-21-2019, 05:25 AM
b3drock
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi @chris2,

With reagrds to the alternate step 9, can you share any additional insight into how the pc application works? Where does it write to? EEPROM, persistent storage1.raw/storage2.raw files? Something else?

I assume the pc applciation is included in the standard Porsche FW trains, this application is missing from production Audi firmwares that I have seen.

Many thanks
Old 08-21-2019, 05:18 PM
chris2
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by b3drock
Hi @chris2,

With reagrds to the alternate step 9, can you share any additional insight into how the pc application works? Where does it write to? EEPROM, persistent storage1.raw/storage2.raw files? Something else?

I assume the pc applciation is included in the standard Porsche FW trains, this application is missing from production Audi firmwares that I have seen.

Many thanks
PC is a command line interface for the persistence client, which allows you to write and read back persistence values. It is similar to dumb_persistence_writer and dumb_persistence_reader. It only acts as a proxy, which sends commands to the dsipersistence service (by calling DsiPersistence.writeInt, or DsiPersistence.writeArray). I'm not 100% sure if this updates eeprom as well, but it definitely modifies storage files.

Usage is: pc <type>:<namespace>:<key>[:<byte offset>[.<bit offset>]] [<value> [<mask> [<offset in byte>]]]

Type: i=int, b=blob, s=string

The <byte offset>.<bit offset> notation is only available for blobs.

Examples for blob handling:
read complete blob:
pc b:0:0xC0020054

read a single byte from blob:
pc b:0:0xC0020054:3

read a single bit from blob:
pc b:0:0xC0020054:3.7

set complete blob; can also change size (spaces in data string are ignored):
pc b:0:0xC0020054 "04 5684 32 d4 56c4 bb"

set a byte in blob:
pc b:0:0xC0020054:6 0x0A
or the same:
pc b:0:0xC0020054:6 16

set a bit in blob:
pc b:0:0xC0020054:6.7 1

set some bytes at offset 5 with a mask in blob,
value and mask must have the same size:
pc b:0:0xC0020054

Here's an example of how you would modify the audio tuning parameters. Per GEM esd files, Porsche's options are:
Code:
BIOSCtrl
   value int per 0xb 0x000b001f
   label "SignalFlowID,Ch"
   entry "00,0,invalid"       0
   entry "10,2,Only"         16
   entry "20,4,Only"         32
   entry "21,4,2ch compa."   33
   entry "30,6,CntSubOnly"   48
   entry "31,6,CntSub2/4c"   49
   entry "32,6,DblSubOnly"   50
   entry "33,6,DblSub2/4c"   51
   entry "34,6,FrWooferOnly" 52
   entry "35,6,FrWoofer2/4c" 53
   entry "36,6,6xFrontEtron" 54
   poll 3000
So to change to 34,6,FrWooferOnly, you could call "on -f mmx /eso/bin/apps/pc i:11:0x000b001f 52", the type is int, namespace is 0xb (11), key is 0x000B001F and your desired value to set is 52. To read back the value stored in persistence, you would simply omit the value (52 in this case) from your command.

While the syntax is a little different, this tool is just a combination of the dump_persistence reader and writer commands.
The following 2 users liked this post by chris2:
Argote (02-04-2020), b3drock (08-22-2019)
Old 08-22-2019, 02:37 AM
johnnymacan
Cruisin'

seems to be cool the pc tool to change settings :-)

Chris as i understand all storage is under /net/mmx/dev i solder in new MMC but i can't see now the mnand0, mnand0t177 and so on ..... also unit not boots.
i just modfied the app partition from a different verison also the mmx has the same verion now but i not changed the others.
unit just starts in EAU but nothing happends tthen it not search for FW SD card.

or is it possible that i can get into emergency FLASH utility

i tried to press on hold E button at the beginning but it not boots into this menu
Old 08-22-2019, 12:51 PM
Schinken44
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by koven
does anyone here actually have this kit installed and can testify? this looks amazing but im not sure how flawless it'd run on a .2?
I purchased the SDK Autos PCM this morning. Once I receive the system I will install it on my 991.2 Targa 4 GTS, and provide some feedback here or create a new post regarding my experience. Its a little pricey at $1,200.00 USD, so my expectations are a bit high.

Last edited by Schinken44; 08-22-2019 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-24-2019, 01:06 PM
chris2
Instructor

Originally Posted by 7491159
Hello. Ask for help. I have an ifs-root.ifs . Installed Ubuntu 19.04 x64 . Created dumpifs_helper.sh from the topic ( Chmod it to 755).
At the command line
./dumpifs_helper.sh ifs-root.ifs
and get an error.
What am I doing wrong ? <(

Only creates a folder "ifs_extracted" and it is empty

please Help unpack IFS
You need to install dumpifs from the link below. Do not use the precompiled binaries, delete them and make it from source, since they will not work on Ubuntu

Download https://github.com/askac/dumpifs
Issue these commands:
sudo apt-get install libucl1 libucl-dev liblzo2-2 liblzo2-dev
cd dumpifs-master
make dumpifs
sudo cp ./dumpifs /usr/bin/dumpifs

Last edited by chris2; 08-24-2019 at 01:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Argote (02-04-2020)
Old 08-24-2019, 01:35 PM
chris2
Instructor

Typo, liblzo2 should be liblzo2-2 You need to remove the existing binary in the folder, you can drag the dumpifs file into the trash or issue "make clean" to do it. Also sudo rm /usr/bin/dumpifs
Old 08-24-2019, 03:35 PM
chris2
Instructor

Used sudo apt update
sudo apt install liblzo2-2
Install 2 lib done ok

after

still have error on " make dumpifs "

what next ? help please ,)
Originally Posted by chris2
Typo, liblzo2 should be liblzo2-2 You need to remove the existing binary in the folder, you can drag the dumpifs file into the trash or issue "make clean" to do it. Also sudo rm /usr/bin/dumpifs
You missed that
7491159 (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 04:37 AM
chris2
Instructor

Thanks for Your help and patience

Did, deleted through garbage, executed the rm command too.
Libraries are installed.
Downloaded dumpifs using Ubuntu.
Still get errors on the make command dumpifs "it is up to date"
Maybe because of that, I have a 64 bit version of Ubuntu.
I am ready to remove it
- that you will advise to put what operating version and where it is better to download it for normal operation. Maybe QNX ?
I compiled it on ubuntu and you can download it from here, I'm not sure why you are still having issues but this should work.
https://github.com/ibreakifix/Porsch...master/dumpifs
7491159 (08-25-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 02:19 AM
chris2
Instructor

[QUOTE=7491159;16061021]
Originally Posted by chris2
I compiled it o/QUOTE]

Question: I unpacked the archive and Packed it without changes.
Compared the two files they have changed, including the checksum.
Is that right ?
Or if I pack without changes then the file should be as original ?
Yeah the checksum won't be the same but the IFS will work once flashed. If not, you can always flash back the original IFS and let me know the issue...if you follow the commands as listed you won't brick the head unit to a point where it won't boot.
7491159 (08-26-2019)
Old 09-03-2019, 06:54 PM
spyderboyant
AutoX

great stuff!!! Did you ever fidn the JTAG pins for the MMX and RCC boards?
Old 09-03-2019, 07:25 PM
chris2
Instructor

Originally Posted by User 091010
It's clear that you dont want this for your car but for business.
Chris was kind enough to provide you with a lot of information, now it's your turn to think a bit and find the rest by yourself.
He already mentioned that CP is out of the scope, why ? Because the only reason why someone might need it is to use stolen goods and that's is illegal.Qhile
In fact a lot of the info in the topic is illegal to the part that proprietary code was made public, also a lot of reverse engineering was done which in some countries is considered illegal too (Germany being one of them).
Last two years VW spend good amount of money to pursue everyone that is using their brand w/o permission, soon they will start to attack forum owners for making such information public.

Friendly advice to Chris - you did a great job but be careful, what i write above is not science fiction ... unfortunately some people lost their jobs in the past because of similar things ... on a way lower scale. But if you work for IT company ... no one will like that you share proprietary code of other company .. for free on the net. Think about it

There was a reason why such information was not made public yet although it is available for more than 7 years now.

Kind regards.
I appreciate the advice, and like I said, I only want to help educate other Porsche owners with out how to add features (that are not available for sale) to their system. The intent isn't to assist people with stealing head units or software, but unfortunately it's attracted a lot of people trying to do that and capitalize on it. I've typically ignored these people after a while, but it's a little annoying now. So as a result, I've decided to pull some from the post, leaving the relevant information for those who would like to research the head unit on their own.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:17 PM
TrueaAndOnlyTrue
7th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by User 091010
It's clear that you dont want this for your car but for business.
Chris was kind enough to provide you with a lot of information, now it's your turn to think a bit and find the rest by yourself.
He already mentioned that CP is out of the scope, why ? Because the only reason why someone might need it is to use stolen goods and that's is illegal.
In fact a lot of the info in the topic is illegal to the part that proprietary code was made public, also a lot of reverse engineering was done which in some countries is considered illegal too (Germany being one of them).
Last two years VW spend good amount of money to pursue everyone that is using their brand w/o permission, soon they will start to attack forum owners for making such information public.

Friendly advice to Chris - you did a great job but be careful, what i write above is not science fiction ... unfortunately some people lost their jobs in the past because of similar things ... on a way lower scale. But if you work for IT company ... no one will like that you share proprietary code of other company .. for free on the net. Think about it

There was a reason why such information was not made public yet although it is available for more than 7 years now.

Kind regards.
It's fun when all this writes guy who copied other's work, oleg's work, chinese guys work, etc etc. and suddenly that guy cares about other's position, job, business, but main and only reason why this guy writes all this and "care" about chris2 member or anyone other, is just cause fear to loose his profit, his selling, copied work for mib1-mib2 harman activations, cp, conversions, etc. , as this guy is on many forums known as seller of Audi, and whole VAG group solutions, as he copied it from other authors, and guys who first in the world solved Harman units, in way send unit for activation or buy activated unit, then dump activation, dissasemble and copy other's work to resell , guy is behind this site,

http://www.audi-mib.bg/

his nick name at many car-gps forums is congo or congobg , for ex. here,

https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=56065

and same guy from this thread 7491159 , is member at other forum, one more forum,

https://turbo-quattro.com/showthread...l=1#post633372

and hundred of them so on

sure it's nothing bad to do it, but don't give other lessons what's ok, what's not ok, what's danger, what not danger, if you do same congo , better say what's real backround of your warnings, "caring" about others people like chris2 great work, that true and only true is you are scaried to loose profit, if chris2 public more and more solutions , same as this noob ziomal84 stealer of other's work, like you, lied that chris2's solution not work in this thread,

https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthre...3333#pid473333

Really funny look such guys who "care" about other, but true is that are scaried mouses of losing their profit of activations mib1 mib2 harman units )

p.s.
Message for chris2, really generous by your and you did great work by sharing your findings and reverse engineering, and don't take serious by bull**** about these "authors" - sellers of other's people work like congobg member, as their warnings are just bull**** and not with good intention, but they just protect their business of selling activation for PCM4, mib1, mib2 harman units activations, that's only true , continue do great job and share with community, as other members of rennlist will be grateful to you and whole world . Such stories like threas by VAG, VW etc. he wrote are bull**** , as they dont play much with it, but there was some false warning by competitors who sent each other fake letters signed like VW or scam only "VW lawers" who took money from stupid people, by sending some warning letters where ask 50-100k to pay them to avoid accusition .
The following 5 users liked this post by TrueaAndOnlyTrue:
7491159 (09-09-2019), ansi2k (02-14-2020), Christopher2 (04-01-2020), danny fu (12-16-2019), Marek GoÅ‚aÅ› (06-07-2020)
Old 09-07-2019, 06:17 PM
walawa75
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Repacked file size

Hello and thanks to all for this great thread.

I repacked an ifs-root file today with Chris2 instructions but something is strange, the file is larger than original one. is this normal ?

Quick Reply: Porsche PCM Upgrade/Hack for Android Auto? Is this real?