Sponsored by:

Has anyone done a CarPlay retrofit / Headunit replacement for 991.1

Search this Thread

Old Today, 04:21 PM
q8linux
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bmxtreme
I know @RwdConnor mentioned he has rear audio as well with his Qualcomm unit.
@q8linux which unit did you get? Perhaps there's differences in these MOST converter or the Audio out wiring.
its skyshadow.. its a copy of chstek 7862..
i dont know if its working properly but i can hear the sound coming from the rear speakers..
Old Today, 04:32 PM
bmxtreme
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by drawz
I think it’s important to note which MOST adapter is in use when reporting your experience. I am pretty sure mine works with the Macan 7862 FYT unit and TOSLINk to MOST25 adapter, but I want to verify.

In terms of sending 4 channels via MOST, I think the key is what the MOST adapter and the amp support/expect. I think it’s unlikely that the two adapters linked earlier would be able to make this work, but you never know until you try.
Yeah, but CHSTEK does not have a toslink output, so we just have an RCA out option (and the option to tap into the Front/Rear in the quadlock)
Old Today, 04:33 PM
bmxtreme
Racer

Originally Posted by q8linux
its skyshadow.. its a copy of chstek 7862..
i dont know if its working properly but i can hear the sound coming from the rear speakers..
Were yours PCM3.1 or PCM4 ?
Old Today, 05:14 PM
q8linux
Track Day

Were yours PCM3.1 or PCM4 ?
pcm3.1
my car is carrera s 2013 with bose system.
Old Today, 06:12 PM
bmxtreme
Racer

pcm3.1
my car is carrera s 2013 with bose system.
Thanks, did you get the MOST box from the same seller?
Old Today, 06:14 PM
q8linux
Track Day

Thanks, did you get the MOST box from the same seller?
yes and was installed/connected to the hu by him
The following users liked this post:
bmxtreme (Today)
Old Today, 06:30 PM
bmxtreme
Racer

yes and was installed/connected to the hu by him
Thanks. The MOST box looks identical to the one I got, so guess that ain't it. Well, it's a mystery then :P
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/22518...-specification
Old Today, 06:39 PM
boxdriver
Racer

Received 235 Likes on 88 Posts

I have Bose system. Ordered the 7862E plus MOST box together from CHSTEK Official store. They came connected. My rear speakers work but I have no separate volume control over them. They are loud enough that I can tell they are on from the driver's seat. I have a 2014 981 Cayman S, so the sound bounces off the back hatch and goes forward. I also have no rear passengers to complain about the volume.

Last edited by boxdriver; Today at 06:41 PM.
Old Today, 06:46 PM
boxdriver
Racer

Received 235 Likes on 88 Posts

REAR SPEAKER CONTROL in about an hour.
My theory about hooking up the rear speakers directly to the speaker outs from the HU and bypassing the amp does work. The fade control does work this way. I hooked my right rear output up to my center speaker which I had removed in the past. Compared to the rear speakers, when the fade is in the center, the one hooked directly to the HU is louder. The center is 3" 4-ohm and the rears are 4" 4-ohm, so they should be about the same volume if all else was equal. I didn't go through the process of hooking the rears up this way since I don't have a back seat and don't want much sound coming from the back anyway. But this way will work. If you adjust the fade to the rear and turn up the HU so the fronts are still at the volume you want, you will have more sound out the rear speakers for your rear passengers. Is this the best way to do it? Absolutely not. The rears should have a separate 2-way amp hooked up with a remote gain to control them, but if someone is looking for an easy solution to get more volume in the back for the cost of a little speaker wire and about an hour worth of time, this will do the trick.

The following users liked this post:
jadski (Today)
Old Today, 07:35 PM
jadski
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by boxdriver;[url=tel:19600486
19600486[/url]]REAR SPEAKER CONTROL …if someone is looking for an easy solution to get more volume in the back for the cost of a little speaker wire and about an hour worth of time, this will do the trick.
Thanks so much. I actually bought wire and some cheap spare speakers to try this. Thanks for trying it for me first.

if someone has pictures or a wiring diagram of where the rear speakers attach to the Bose amp in a 2015 Porsche Macan, I would appreciate the help. I’ve been looking on the worldwide web, but so far I have not come up with anything specific.

Quick Reply: Has anyone done a CarPlay retrofit / Headunit replacement for 991.1