Sponsored by:

"The Getawayer" Guido Komp review of the .2 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 12:35 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by randr
You don't seem to get this - I have zero interest in the 991.1 - none.
Wow, well that explains everything, doesn't it. As a 991.1 owner, I can tell you that I know this car much better than you do. Therefore the reasons why you don't like it are factually incorrect. You have to own it to rightfully judge it, and even then, you better have an engineering degree on it before you can truly judge it. If you owned it, you'd also like it more than a .2, I can tell you that as a fact. Because I own a 991.1 therefore I know.

And I'd say that you care WAY TOO much about my comments on the .2. Way too much.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:40 AM
randr
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
Wow, well that explains everything, doesn't it. As a 991.1 owner, I can tell you that I know this car much better than you do. Therefore the reasons why you don't like it are factually incorrect. You have to own it to rightfully judge it, and even then, you better have an engineering degree on it before you can truly judge it. If you owned it, you'd also like it more than a .2, I can tell you that as a fact. Because I own a 991.1 therefore I know.

And I'd say that you care WAY TOO much about my comments on the .2. Way too much.
I said I have zero interest in the 991.1 - I am not making any comments on the 991.1 base, S, GTS or for that matter 991.1 Turbo or Turbos, I am not interested in feedback on these cars. They are cars I don't have any interest in at all.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:47 AM
jsykes
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote by randr from another forum (we arent the only ones lucky enough to be graced with his presence):

To be truthful the biggest prats are other Porsche owners, particularly those that consider themselves "real enthusiasts"
And he is proving it to be true in spades. Way to go, you're living up to your quote.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:52 AM
K-A
Drifting

Originally Posted by jsykes
Quote by randr from another forum (we arent the only ones lucky enough to be graced with his presence):

And he is proving it to be true in spades. Way to go, you're living up to your quote.
Ain’t they lucky! Lol, unreal.

A guy who judges others on what “real enthusiast” is yet states he doesn’t understand the concept of emotion out of a car.

I think that’s //thread.
Old 12-23-2017, 01:39 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 759 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbo1111
If i could go to the configurator and had a choice of a 450 hp NA or a 450hp FI. I would choose the N/A every day of the week. Porsche made it palpable because they added a few more hp. They know how to market. The reality is. Everybody here would get on there knees if Porsche said they are going to build a 450hp N/A with a 6 speed that will weight less than 3000 lbs and cost about 100k. I know I would.
Not necessarily . Not everyone wants a 6 speed manual to sit in traffic . I happen to love it but it's not why i bought a PDK GTS. The guy who buys a Turbo S might also welcome PDK. . I have said for a long time that owning one Porsche isn't really enough . Porsche did make the .2 Gt3 and it's a great car for what it is supposed to be . Porsche also made an entire line of turbo engine cars . I respect both with their differences.

I for one like diversity . I like some cars and dislike others but what has taken place on this thread is almost as juvenile as junior high school . In fact it's worse . Junior high kids would welcome any Porsche 911 and this forum is supposedly mature adults.
Old 12-23-2017, 01:56 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 759 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Rezus
Agreed, we always had the turbo option with more power and faster "in every measurable way". The beauty was you also had the other option, now we don't thanks to emissions and CO2 regulation which are important but suck for a few of us. A 3000 lbs NA 450 hp with lower torque and higher revs is delicious. Torque is the worst thing that happened to modern sports car.
I am not here saying all this as it relates to .1 and .2 911's. I always enjoyed and owned BMW M cars too and for the first time I am going backward and buying the older cars, not a fan of the more capable newer and shinier F80 M3, much rather the e92 and e46. After selling my e92 and getting the new car, ended up selling and finding a clean e92 again. People think some of us are here to bash their car, quite the contrary, I actually like the .2 GTS but prefer the .1. The effortless power is not my thing...
The guy in a 993 and 997 might tell you that your 991 (.1 as well as .2) is nothing more than a bloated , grand touring, boat . I know because i have owned both of those cars (NA and Turbo ) and sat in those forums sipped coffee with owners who never liked or bought a 991.

The difference is they are not sitting here on this forum repeatedly hounding the same point. As one who has owned and driven these cars for over 20 years I might not have bothered to sign up and post here . However , after reading the thread and thinking about a newbie who is trying to learn about the car I felt some balance might benefit him .
We all came to Porsche at some point in our lives but at one time there was that first Porsche . It is my opinion that the 911 is a multi decade automotive icon and and this new 911 along with its GTS is what Porsche is offering .

Not everyone dislikes it . I happen to love it !
Old 12-23-2017, 09:26 AM
K-A
Drifting

Originally Posted by randr2
Yep, the biggest problem if you own multiple Porsche sports cars - is other Porsche owners - the term Porsche Douche is real. Like it or not its real and there for all to see. The comedy is, that once again its the 991.1 owners ignorance on display in a 991.2 thread.

Bray away to xmas dear 991.1 owners the manger awaits you.

Drill this in - the only NA P car you can currently buy (new is the GT3) - its that simple - the demand is a few thousand cars PA - good luck with that as a business plan.
randr2? Because 1 randr wasn’t enough?
Old 12-23-2017, 09:35 AM
K-A
Drifting

Originally Posted by randr2
Lol you have owned exactly one Porsche sports car and you deign to lecture others from a stand point of puerile ignorance.
I‘m confused, is this randr 1 or randr2? Are you different randrs? How much randr could a randr chuck chuck if a randr chuck could chuck randr?
Old 12-23-2017, 12:12 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

randr2 has also been banned. Folks, this and similar threads are senseless noise. You realize that the endless " yes it is better - no it's not" is nothing more than a form of pollution. Now would be a good time to stop. Lastly some of you seem to feel the need to respond to every single trollish post. Please stop as you are contributing to the problem. I trust you realize that if randr had said "mine is better " and nobody bothered to respond this thread would be very short.

I'm closing it now.

Regards,

Quick Reply: "The Getawayer" Guido Komp review of the .2 GTS