Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"The Getawayer" Guido Komp review of the .2 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2017 | 10:42 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by surquhar

I’m only irritated because the three or four of you go into every .2 thread and say the same thing, which I’m pretty sure i don’t have to repeat again. You know, downplaying the cars us .2 people preferred, bought and enjoy as much as we can. I consider myself a car enthusiast, and I don’t care what you drive if you love it and enjoy it. I respect everyone’s ride regardless of price, sound, etc. That’s the difference between you and me. And yes - maybe a bunch of guys/gals here are sick of hearing me, but I guarantee you everyone is sick of your comments.
Exactly !! That is precisely why i posted on this thread . I am tired of seeing so many .2 owners who love their cars (and even praise the .1)only to see videos of vacuum cleaners mocking a great car .

I love the Gt3 too . It's just not a street car .
Old 12-21-2017 | 10:48 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
I did not envision this thread heading this far down the rabbit hole.
Maybe you did. You did post a negative review . I saw another thread with about as many pictures of owners who have a .2 GTS . They proudly posted those photos of their cars which they enjoy only to see a few on this thread decide to mock it . When they got called out on it they werent pleased and none have yet to put down one shred of performance, comfort, technological data other than "it stirs us" . Ha !!
Old 12-21-2017 | 11:06 PM
K-A
Drifting

I’m only irritated because the three or four of you go into every .2 thread and say the same thing, which I’m pretty sure i don’t have to repeat again. You know, downplaying the cars us .2 people preferred, bought and enjoy as much as we can. I consider myself a car enthusiast, and I don’t care what you drive if you love it and enjoy it. I respect everyone’s ride regardless of price, sound, etc. That’s the difference between you and me. And yes - maybe a bunch of guys/gals here are sick of hearing me, but I guarantee you everyone is sick of your comments.
Like FanceSticky did in R Rateds thread? Yeah, it’s always .1 guys. This is a thread about a guy who didn’t like the GTS. So who’s really “coming into” and stirring up from the topic.

Originally Posted by yrralis1
Maybe you did. You did post a negative review . I saw another thread with about as many pictures of owners who have a .2 GTS . They proudly posted those photos of their cars which they enjoy only to see a few on this thread decide to mock it . When they got called out on it they werent pleased and none have yet to put down one shred of performance, comfort, technological data other than "it stirs us" . Ha !!
Please, are you really this sensitive and in doubt if your choices? Not everyone will like your car, a reviewer has every right to criticize your precious expensive ride as much as we have to post about it. Using your own logic, you “insult” .1 owners by talking about how superior your GTS is on a track most of us won’t ever drive, saying it’s “better in every metric.” Yet you complain when we state that it still feels too boring to us (itself a statement of fact)? Dish it all you want, but be prepared for others to not see it your way.

Sure, by your “logic” not wanting to spend more on a car can make one more comfortable with their choice. I can give you another statement of fact that I would pay the same or more for an equal .1 to a .2 because what the .1 provides is more valuable to me.

Yet again, using your logic, you paying a massive amount on a car that you clearly feel offended by others not adoring as much, would give you a bias to defend it unflinchingly and discount why others who do prefer the earlier model, fundamentally do so. Thus resorting to cliche responses like questioning their own finincial motives, or telling them to “get with the times” (what a bonifide enthusiast way of looking at things).
Old 12-21-2017 | 11:37 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by yrralis1
No, I didn't. As I stated above, I hadn't even watched the video before posting it.

Find one post, in any thread, where I mock a .2 owner or put down the car. One. I'll wait.
Old 12-21-2017 | 11:41 PM
basic666
Racer

zzzz i feel like this is the natural progression of every thread on this forum. Starts off with something constructive and interesting, then slowly but surely, it will turn into some sort of .1 vs .2 debate between the same few individuals. As someone whos been trying to get into either .1 or a .2 gts, i was part of this convo too. But after trying out both pretty extensively, i would be happy if i end up with either, and could careless about what some forum warriors that i'll never meet irl say about my purchase lol

its a car people. get over it. go drive it instead of wasting your time and energy on your keyboards arguing over the internet. If i were these individuals, i would sell the car and maybe upgrade my keyboard, clearly i would be getting more usage out of that VS the car. And you know what sounds worse than both of these cars? the clicking of your keyboards, even a prius sounds better than that.
Old 12-21-2017 | 11:47 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by basic666
zzzz i feel like this is the natural progression of every thread on this forum. Starts off with something constructive and interesting, then slowly but surely, it will turn into some sort of .1 vs .2 debate between the same few individuals. As someone whos been trying to get into either .1 or a .2 gts, i was part of this convo too. But after trying out both pretty extensively, i would be happy if i end up with either, and could careless about what some forum warriors that i'll never meet irl say about my purchase lol

its a car people. get over it. go drive it instead of wasting your time and energy on your keyboards arguing over the internet. If i were these individuals, i would sell the car and maybe upgrade my keyboard, clearly i would be getting more usage out of that VS the car. And you know what sounds worse than both of these cars? the clicking of your keyboards, even a prius sounds better than that.
lol, I agree.

I really enjoy Guido's reviews. Like or dislike his conclusions, I find them entertaining, well thought through, and he clearly describes the driving experience. What I take umbrage with is when someone with a differing opinion calls it a "bad review" or that it's "factually incorrect" when he is merely expressing his opinion. His opinion is no more fact than anyone else's. I hope some enjoyed the video, even if they disagree with his conclusions. I too thought he was a little harsh on the car even if overall I agree with some of his observations.

Old 12-21-2017 | 11:58 PM
K-A
Drifting

Snap! That's a good post.
Old 12-22-2017 | 12:15 AM
surquhar
Racer

Originally Posted by K-A
Snap! That's a good post.
Dude he’s talking about us.
Old 12-22-2017 | 12:18 AM
K-A
Drifting

Dude he’s talking about us.
WHAT?! I had no idea!
Old 12-22-2017 | 07:56 PM
randr
Banned

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf

lol, I agree.

I really enjoy Guido's reviews. Like or dislike his conclusions, I find them entertaining, well thought through, and he clearly describes the driving experience. What I take umbrage with is when someone with a differing opinion calls it a "bad review" or that it's "factually incorrect" when he is merely expressing his opinion. His opinion is no more fact than anyone else's. I hope some enjoyed the video, even if they disagree with his conclusions. I too thought he was a little harsh on the car even if overall I agree with some of his observations.

Well if its factually incorrect in places..........he clearly does't understand what engine response is for example. totally over this type of stuff

Stop for a moment and think - some of us have owned and driven these and variants for a long time
Old 12-22-2017 | 08:04 PM
9914s
Rennlist Member

Still going with this ****.
Old 12-22-2017 | 08:13 PM
randr
Banned

Originally Posted by 9914s
Still going with this ****.

Seemingly so.

To think those that own them and drive them regularly may know a lot about their own vehicles is unremarkable. However, what is truly remarkable is those that don't own them "know" more about them than the actual owners.

Funny that.....

Last edited by randr; 12-22-2017 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-22-2017 | 08:23 PM
K-A
Drifting

Originally Posted by randr
Well if its factually incorrect in places..........he clearly does't understand what engine response is for example. totally over this type of stuff

Stop for a moment and think - some of us have owned and driven these and variants for a long time

Sure, because he doesn’t agree with you, “he doesn’t know what it is.” He’s just a professional car journalist who’s driven about everything.

Here’s a concept. Not everyone feels the way you do about what you like, and vice versa.
Old 12-22-2017 | 08:40 PM
BlueNorther
Pro

+1

If I could go to the Porsche configurator and spec my own new 991.1, in addition to a 991.2, exactly the way I want, maybe the never-ending comparison posts would be helpful. But I can't, so I'm moving on. My 991.2 GTS Coupe is at the dealership waiting for my pick up. Based on the bulk of the reviews, it's a great driver's car. For example watch the video review posted above by the other German, who apparently wasn't sick/dysphoric/hung over and driving in the snow (Sorry Guido, this one wasn't your finest).
Old 12-22-2017 | 08:47 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by K-A

Sure, because he doesn’t agree with you, “he doesn’t know what it is.” He’s just a professional car journalist who’s driven about everything.

Here’s a concept. Not everyone feels the way you do about what you like, and vice versa.
No one has issues with Guido giving a opinion. One can agree or disagree. . In fact you may recall the last auto journalist over in Macan forum who criticized the car drove an old Acura when the moderator looked him up . In short these guys just test drive and give opinions. Outside of Chris Harris not many own the cars they review.

The issue isnt one of differing opinion. The issue is that this is a Porsche forum and for owners who themselves lack the car (and in some cases BOTH cars .. Gt3 and GTS) to endlessly mock and ridicule a car of its members is not only juvenile but in many cases factually incorrect .. None have plunked down one piece of performance, technological , comfort ,or daily reliability use data to support the drivel they have posted.

In your case this 991.base car is your first 911 . If you think that your car and the Gt3 are the only 911 cars worth drooling over we got your point . But I can see the value in the diversity among the 911 range from the Gt3 to the Turbo S . I dont dislike any of them and that is why each variant exists .

Now why dont you enjoy your own cars and stop mocking the cars of others who enjoy theirs .

Quick Reply: "The Getawayer" Guido Komp review of the .2 GTS