Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 145 Posts

^^^Well said.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:58 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by yrralis1
No one has issues with Guido giving a opinion. One can agree or disagree. . In fact you may recall the last auto journalist over in Macan forum who criticized the car drove an old Acura when the moderator looked him up . In short these guys just test drive and give opinions. Outside of Chris Harris not many own the cars they review.

The issue isnt one of differing opinion. The issue is that this is a Porsche forum and for owners who themselves lack the car (and in some cases BOTH cars .. Gt3 and GTS) to endlessly mock and ridicule a car of its members is not only juvenile but in many cases factually incorrect .. None have plunked down one piece of performance, technological , comfort ,or daily reliability use data to support the drivel they have posted.

In your case this 991.base car is your first 911 . If you think that your car and the Gt3 are the only 911 cars worth drooling over we got your point . But I can see the value in the diversity among the 911 range from the Gt3 to the Turbo S . I dont dislike any of them and that is why each variant exists .

Now why dont you enjoy your own cars and stop mocking the cars of others who enjoy theirs .
Lol. Are you this sensitive in real life? I’m not mocking your uber awesome expensive car, I’m saying that it doesn’t do much for me, I don’t enjoy the engine, much like the reviewer here. If you consider that “ridiculing” on a personal level, well that’s an issue you have to look inward to. You ridicule people for stating emotional preference, passive aggressive BS like “drivel” when they aren’t stating one bit of “drivel,” saying how superior your car is because you seem to believe that we as humans MUST only feel by “data” points (when was the last time you tracked a car? Lol) as if the human experience has absolutely nothing to do with emotional value, thus proving the lengths you yourself go to, to justify your own position.

Take your own advice. Let’s simplify this: This thread is about a review that was lukewarm on a GTS. Some of us came here to express how and why we’re in agreement with him. Nobody’s kicking sand in your Cheerios. At the end of the day, you have the new $150K GTS and I have an ancient “first timer” data snail that only poor people can afford. Happy? Have a great weekend!
Old 12-22-2017, 08:59 PM
randr
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A

Sure, because he doesn’t agree with you, “he doesn’t know what it is.” He’s just a professional car journalist who’s driven about everything.

Here’s a concept. Not everyone feels the way you do about what you like, and vice versa.

So what if he's a professional journalist - is he a professional engineer? is he a professional driver?

I'm not going into "he's driven just about everything", I've seen most of the worlds great paintings in many of the worlds foremost museums and galleries - it doesn't mean I can crack on out a great painting.

I'm not going to go into the cars I've owned or have on order - that would be crass. Needless to say I've seen, driven and tracked plenty - oh and did I say I have the 550Nm/450HP unit.

So frankly, I think I know an awful lot more than Guido and frankly the fact that you test drove a GTS does not lend any great weight to your opinion.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:02 PM
K-A
Drifting

Originally Posted by randr
So what if he's a professional journalist - is he a professional engineer? is he a professional driver?

I'm not going into "he's driven just about everything", I've seen most of the worlds great paintings in many of the worlds foremost museums and galleries - it doesn't mean I can crack on out a great painting.

I'm not going to go into the cars I've owned or have on order - that would be crass. Needless to say I've seen, driven and tracked plenty - oh and did I say I have the 550Nm/450HP 9A2.
Wow, that’s awesome! Good for you.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:05 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If your excuse is that you can't unleash the power on the road, chances are you're a pansy.

If you think otherwise...

Old 12-22-2017, 09:10 PM
K-A
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nino
If your excuse is that you can't unleash the power on the road, chances are you're a pansy.

If you think otherwise...
We'll be sure to put "you're a pansy" on the tombstone.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:30 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,620 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Well if its factually incorrect in places..........he clearly does't understand what engine response is for example. totally over this type of stuff

Stop for a moment and think - some of us have owned and driven these and variants for a long time
Seriously? He doesn't know what engine response is? Do you really believe that?

I..,,just.....have no words at how ridiculous that is. I'm done.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:33 PM
Rezus
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf

don't you worry, randr knows
Old 12-22-2017, 10:50 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Rezus
If i could go to the configurator and had a choice of a 450 hp NA or a 450hp FI. I would choose the N/A every day of the week. Porsche made it palpable because they added a few more hp. They know how to market. The reality is. Everybody here would get on there knees if Porsche said they are going to build a 450hp N/A with a 6 speed that will weight less than 3000 lbs and cost about 100k. I know I would.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:23 PM
Rezus
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbo1111
If i could go to the configurator and had a choice of a 450 hp NA or a 450hp FI. I would choose the N/A every day of the week. Porsche made it palpable because they added a few more hp. They know how to market. The reality is. Everybody here would get on there knees if Porsche said they are going to build a 450hp N/A with a 6 speed that will weight less than 3000 lbs and cost about 100k. I know I would.
Agreed, we always had the turbo option with more power and faster "in every measurable way". The beauty was you also had the other option, now we don't thanks to emissions and CO2 regulation which are important but suck for a few of us. A 3000 lbs NA 450 hp with lower torque and higher revs is delicious. Torque is the worst thing that happened to modern sports car.
I am not here saying all this as it relates to .1 and .2 911's. I always enjoyed and owned BMW M cars too and for the first time I am going backward and buying the older cars, not a fan of the more capable newer and shinier F80 M3, much rather the e92 and e46. After selling my e92 and getting the new car, ended up selling and finding a clean e92 again. People think some of us are here to bash their car, quite the contrary, I actually like the .2 GTS but prefer the .1. The effortless power is not my thing...
Old 12-22-2017, 11:27 PM
randr
Banned

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf

Really - I suspect you don't know what effective compression ratio is and how it works to deliver engine response. You probably think you do - like Guido. I know he's parroting catechism because of that, likewise throttle response. I can assure you I am done with you.

Originally Posted by Nino
Nope, the chances are you're just immature and irresponsible.

Originally Posted by Rezus
And the problem for you is not do I understand it I can calculate for every second of every lap that I do along with the amount of HP and torque nominally delivered per lap.

Last edited by randr; 12-23-2017 at 12:09 AM.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:35 PM
K-A
Drifting

Really - I suspect you don't know what effective compression ratio is and how it works to deliver engine response. You probably think you do - like Guido. I know he's parroting catechism because of that, likewise throttle response. I can assure you am done with you.

Originally Posted by jimbo1111
I'm already on my knees for it.

And absolutely right. Honestly, Porsche can release ANY N/A 911 right now, at a reasonable enough price, and it'll be in such demand that it'd be nearly impossible to get an allocation and/or not pay markup for some time to come. That says everything.

People can keep their data charts and tenths of seconds in races that I'd never engage in, I like going for what puts a bigger smile on my face.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:37 PM
randr
Banned

Originally Posted by K-A

Wow, that’s awesome! Good for you.

Quality - seriously, go and enjoy your 991.1. You may have opinions on the 991.2 - based on a couple of test drives but don't lecture me, as an owner, that you have any meaningful insights. I know you don't and haven't in this regard. Opinion and insight are very different things.

Porsche know exactly what the demand is for NA Porsches. A lot of people were looking at other options in terms of price/performance trade off. That is one of the reasons they turbocharged the Carrera line - hence "Porsche Ever Ahead" for the 991.2. People want more than loud noise out of their performance cars and Porsche well and truly understand this.

I know quite a few people that have opted out of 991 GT3s due to a number of concerns that range from reliability, to not moving the game on - these people have moved on to 488 GTBs, GT - Rs and McLarens - many, but not all, have retained older Porsche sports cars as well (indeed I fall into the latter group).

Last edited by randr; 12-23-2017 at 12:00 AM.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:41 PM
K-A
Drifting

Quality - seriously, go and enjoy your 991.1. You may have opinions on the 991.2 - based on a couple of test drives but don't lecture me, as an owner, that you have any meaningful insights. I know you don't and haven't in this regard. Opinion and insight are very different things.
​​​
Whatever makes you sleep better at night, chief.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:47 PM
K-A
Drifting

Porsche know exactly what the demand is for NA Porsches. A lot of people were looking at other options in terms of price/performance trade off. That is one of the reasons they turbocharged the Carrera line. People want more than noise out of their performance cars and Porsche well and truly understand this.
LMAO, record low U.S 911 sales for the .2 gen really speaks to what you're saying. So does the fact that the (N/A) GT3 is the only thing that saved .2 sales from declining further this year.

But hey, randr knows all.

Keep sippin' that kool tea though, it's doing wonders for your critical thinking.

Quick Reply: "The Getawayer" Guido Komp review of the .2 GTS