Sponsored by:

911 T Ordering & Allocation Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 07:33 AM
fueledbymetal
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 45 Posts
Default 911 T Ordering & Allocation Discussion

I realize there are two other 911 T threads active but I would like this one to focus on ordering & allocation details. I secured the second spot with my dealer yesterday. They said they had one April allocation that will be going to the first in line and that they hope for a second allocation in May that will go to me. Has anybody else received any similar level of detail?

Side note - I've been tempted by the 911 for years but always ended buying something more practical. Lately cars have gotten so fast I thought I may never own one since it's just too frustrating for me to drive a fast car slow. But the pairing of the base engine with the shorter gears with the 911 T sounds perfect for me - we may not see another package like this so I had to jump on it!
Old 10-31-2017, 11:28 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Good for you!
I think it’s a great 911 variant and if I wasn’t presently in a 991.2 C4S for year round driving. I would be in a 911T!-Richard
BTW, Hopefully the A$$holes on this Forum will not jump in and ruin your thread!
Old 10-31-2017, 11:42 AM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

I was at my dealer yesterday, and was bs'ing with the sales mgr. I jokingly asked him how many 911T 's he had sold. His answer was none, and they hadn't really gotten anything concrete on them from Porsche as yet. I asked if people were calling on it, and he said they have had a couple inquiries, but nobody chomping at the bit to get in line for one yet.

In all fairness, this dealer is a small Porsche dealer. However, like any dealer, they get calls from all over the country looking for allocations on the specialty cars, and some regular models as well.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:53 AM
Dude174
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats!
Old 10-31-2017, 01:10 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Just placed my order for March build:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJXJ6NN9
Old 10-31-2017, 02:00 PM
Ryan_G
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Pep!RRRR

Were you able to negotiate on price? If so, how much? I'm curious how dealers are treating this model at the moment.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:57 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Nice build - you are going to be ready for track day!
Old 10-31-2017, 03:18 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Don’t have a contract signed yet, but was first on the list at my dealer. Sales rep just let me know today that they can enter orders now. I seem to recall from past experience that they like to get stuff entered into the system to show demand. Will update on price when details are known.

The big deal for me is the ability to order light weight buckets. Probably will need some brake upgrades before being declared track ready. As nice as the carbon ceramics are, they would have to come off for planned track usage. Plus they eliminate the possibility of using 19” track wheels.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:02 PM
fueledbymetal
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by budrichard
Good for you!

BTW, Hopefully the A$$holes on this Forum will not jump in and ruin your thread!
Thanks!
Old 10-31-2017, 04:04 PM
quickxotica
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 84 Posts

I'm third on the list. I've been told to expect a call in the next couple weeks when the allocation info comes out. After the first two folks on the list, I'll be able to firm-up my order and finalize my build.

Until then, my approach to option choices is twofold; 1. preserve the utility of back seats and 2. preserve the "simple + light" philosophy. So, no RAS (adds 33 lbs and does some of the driving for you), no PDLS (adds weight via electric pumps and a washer fluid tank for the headlight squirters), no Bose (adds 20 lbs), no 18-ways (adds ? lbs), no sunroof (adds weight, complexity), no PDK (adds weight, does the shifting for you).

I'm still debating some of the other choices.

Last edited by quickxotica; 10-31-2017 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:10 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

There’s maneuvering for allocations for the T? Really? Lolomg
Old 10-31-2017, 05:48 PM
hsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats! If i were in the market for a new 911, the T would most likely be the model of choice for me.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:46 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 691 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by quickxotica
I'm third on the list. I've been told to expect a call in the next couple weeks when the allocation info comes out. After the first two folks on the list, I'll be able to firm-up my order and finalize my build.

Until then, my approach to option choices is twofold; 1. preserve the utility of back seats and 2. preserve the "simple + light" philosophy. So, no RAS (adds 33 lbs and does some of the driving for you), no PDLS (adds weight via electric pumps and a washer fluid tank for the headlight squirters), no Bose (adds 20 lbs), no 18-ways (adds ? lbs), no PDK (adds weight, does the shifting for you).

I'm still debating some of the other choices.
That sounds like a very cool approach!
Old 10-31-2017, 07:57 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

“no PDLS (adds weight via electric pumps and a washer fluid tank for the headlight squirters)”

Can you avoid headlight washers by opting for the default headlight system? That would be a definite plus as the washers serve no purpose for me at least. Is there really a separate tank for headlight washer fluid?
Old 10-31-2017, 08:04 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,221 Likes on 1,014 Posts

“no PDLS (adds weight via electric pumps and a washer fluid tank for the headlight squirters)”

Can you avoid headlight washers by opting for the default headlight system? That would be a definite plus as the washers serve no purpose for me at least. Is there really a separate tank for headlight washer fluid?
Head light washers are not available on the 2018s anymore. Even with PDLS. Note that the option to paint the nozzles in another color has been removed from the configurator about 6 months ago.

I have a 2018 with PDLS and optioned the black nozzles during the transition period. I was actually pleasantly surprised that they were missing all together when I picked up my car. It was a weight savings thing. There is a thread on this rennlist forum on this point.

Quick Reply: 911 T Ordering & Allocation Discussion