Sponsored by:

911 T Ordering & Allocation Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 09:30 PM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan_G
I totally get this line of thought but it really isn't that simple is it? You do not simply get a GT allocation unless you've been on the list a while before launch and even then it's not guaranteed. I've had a deposit down for one at my local dealer for over 6 months and I get the impression my chances of actually receiving one are not very good.

On the other hand, I already have a Carrera T allocation for a January build date if I want it. We don't even know when the gt4 will be released, if it will be a RS or not, and how much it will cost with reasonable options. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, as they say.
Getting a spyder or GT4 won’t be a problem for me. Been #1 on the list for both and my dealer has always been great to me.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:35 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,580 Likes on 1,603 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Porsche is building a ton of GT3s to meet the demand and less Carreras period. If you really want a GT3, you can get one you just have to pay some ADM. $15k over would get you a car. The ones delivered thus far and sitting on the lot so to speak seem to be in the $25-35k over range.
That makes zero sense.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:41 AM
fueledbymetal
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 45 Posts

So now I'm a little nervous about my spot in light of this tight 911 allocation information since my deposit is with a smaller dealer. Assuming the T is only a 2018 model, what the latest month I would need to have my allocation in for one?
Old 11-02-2017, 09:55 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

I think the issue right now is there are not that many 911 allocations period. At least that seems to be the case here.
^This.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:42 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by fueledbymetal
So now I'm a little nervous about my spot in light of this tight 911 allocation information since my deposit is with a smaller dealer. Assuming the T is only a 2018 model, what the latest month I would need to have my allocation in for one?
If the dealer has an allocation it will be for a 911T specifically so no worries. The dealer puts your name on the allocation, you configure it, the dealer submits it, and you are set and good to go. You will get to V200 status (date set) very quickly. If they don’t have an allocation, well all you have is a name on a piece of paper in a drawer somewhere. I would call and see if they have an actual allocation yet. Anyone have a confirmed build date and allocation yet?
Old 11-02-2017, 10:43 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
That makes zero sense.
Feel free to disagree, but at least explain what you mean.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:44 AM
Ryan_G
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

If the dealer has an allocation it will be for a 911T specifically so no worries. The dealer puts your name on the allocation, you configure it, the dealer submits it, and you are set and good to go. You will get to V200 status (date set) very quickly. If they donÂ’t have an allocation, well all you have is a name on a piece of paper in a drawer somewhere. I would call and see if they have an actual allocation yet. Anyone have a confirmed build date and allocation yet?
My dealer has a confirmed allocation for a January (10th) build date. He showed me the entire allocation sheet. It's all he has through May. I am holding off on ordering though hoping ED will come back.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:03 AM
fueledbymetal
Racer

Anyone have a confirmed build date and allocation yet?
My dealer said they had an April allocation that went to the first customer in line and are waiting to see if they get another allocation which would go to me. He said they’re still waiting to see if they get any for May or beyond. What I’m trying to figure out is how long “beyond” is before MY 2018 ends so that I can decide if I should try getting in with another dealer that can guarantee me an allocation now.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:38 PM
fueledbymetal
Racer

I found two more local dealers that still had an open April allocation, so jumped on one of those. Porsche of Rockville still has theirs free as of this evening if anybody is interested.

So my new dealer says the April allocation will likely be delivered in July - is that the usual lead time for a Maryland area delivery?

Last edited by fueledbymetal; 11-03-2017 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:50 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,221 Likes on 1,014 Posts

Originally Posted by fueledbymetal
I found two more local dealers that still had an open April allocation, so jumped on one of those. Porsche of Rockville still has there’s free as of this evening if anybody is interested.

So my new dealer says the April allocation will likely be delivered in July - is that the usual lead time for a Maryland area delivery?
12 weeks is standard Porsche speak for delivery. Normal.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:52 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,221 Likes on 1,014 Posts

My dealer has a confirmed allocation for a January (10th) build date. He showed me the entire allocation sheet. It's all he has through May. I am holding off on ordering though hoping ED will come back.
ED is going to be a bit to come back. They have to resolve some legal issues.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:33 PM
fueledbymetal
Racer

Originally Posted by subshooter
12 weeks is standard Porsche speak for delivery. Normal.
Killer, thanks! Means I can do one more big summer road trip in the GTI to send her off!
Old 11-03-2017, 02:40 PM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Porsche is building a ton of GT3s to meet the demand and less Carreras period. If you really want a GT3, you can get one you just have to pay some ADM. $15k over would get you a car. The ones delivered thus far and sitting on the lot so to speak seem to be in the $25-35k over range.
Can pretty much guarantee that there are zero GT3s sitting on a lot anywhere.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:40 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,052 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
ED is going to be a bit to come back. They have to resolve some legal issues.
You have a reference/source/URL for this? Somewhere to get more info? I googled and everything I found was speculation originating with Euro ED dropping off the configurator.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:47 PM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 911boy
Can pretty much guarantee that there are zero GT3s sitting on a lot anywhere.
wrong.
there are more than a few dealer ordered and spec'd cars "on the lot" across the country.

one of my local dealers has a GR for sale. looking for highest ADM offer...

Quick Reply: 911 T Ordering & Allocation Discussion