Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 T Ordering & Allocation Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018 | 02:16 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by Pep!RRRR
I had the opposite experience. Had a GT Silver Spyder and got bored with the color, which was pretty drab next to my Racing Yellow Cayman. Went with Guards Red on my CT.
My Porsche colour journey: Rhodium Silver, Platinum Silver, Carmine Red, Racing Yellow. The RY makes me smile the most.
Old 06-22-2018 | 07:43 PM
usmcav8or
Cruisin'

It's kind of funny too that we all seem to automatically call white and silver "classic" . In saying this we incorrectly recall the true history of Porsche colors.

1971 911T
Old 06-22-2018 | 08:46 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

^Tangerine! My all time favorite.
Old 06-22-2018 | 10:54 PM
911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

If I could have had Tangerine on my Carrera T PTS I would have...my father's first 1973.5 T was a Tangerine Dream!

cheers!
Old 06-22-2018 | 11:22 PM
mpwww
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Randy M
Imo GT Silver isn't playing it safe. I see the color as Germany's traditional racing color as well as a classic Porsche color. I've had loud colors before i.e. grabber blue Boss 302, LSB E46 M3 etc. After a while at least for me the loud colors lose their novelty. I sure wish I could get PTS Yachting Blue on my T order as it's a really classy color. It would look great with the gray accents of the car.
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/chri...iew-13660.html

At the famous Gordon Bennett Cup in 1900, the English team got the color green (British Racing Green), France got blue, Germany white, and Italy red.
GT Silver is classic. White is a team color. There is nothing wrong with either color. Both are fantastic Porsche colors that look great. But I wanted a louder color and the loud options were red/blue/orange/yellow. Already having a car close to Miami Blue I went with Lava Orange.
Old 06-23-2018 | 02:33 AM
Randy M
Drifting

I all honesty if they had some steel blue colors to choose from then I wouldn't be getting GT Silver. Cant get white as my wife's Macan is white, as well as my daughter's A3. Had two Guards Red 911's as well.
Old 06-23-2018 | 11:54 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Default Driven & dirty image?

It's interesting that most of the YouTube vids I've watched show the Carrera T's all driven and dirty like. Is this for the image of a "drivers car"? Anyone wash theirs?

Also, anyone's thoughts after your months of ownership? Happy? On the hunt again?

Thanks in advance.

Carrera T stalker...
Old 06-23-2018 | 12:43 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zeus993
It's interesting that most of the YouTube vids I've watched show the Carrera T's all driven and dirty like. Is this for the image of a "drivers car"? Anyone wash theirs?

Also, anyone's thoughts after your months of ownership? Happy? On the hunt again?

Thanks in advance.

Carrera T stalker...
I think the videos show the car dirty to project the image that this is a car you drive, not a garage queen.

Although my daily commute is just 6 miles, I just put over 2,600 miles in the first two months.

Thoughts on the "T"? A fantastic car, where the sum of small changes makes a big difference.

Extremely fun to drive, And beautifully appointed, inside and out.

I would definitely buy it again if I had to do it all over.
The following users liked this post:
zap city (04-26-2022)
Old 06-23-2018 | 02:20 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by alex_c
I think the videos show the car dirty to project the image that this is a car you drive, not a garage queen.

Although my daily commute is just 6 miles, I just put over 2,600 miles in the first two months.

Thoughts on the "T"? A fantastic car, where the sum of small changes makes a big difference.

Extremely fun to drive, And beautifully appointed, inside and out.

I would definitely buy it again if I had to do it all over.
+1. Got mine on 6th April and absolutely love it. 4th Porsche, no regrets and best one so far! 3,630 smiley miles enjoyed so far!
Old 06-23-2018 | 02:25 PM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Thanks in advance.

Carrera T stalker...
While I haven’t washed mine yet (700 miles in) simply for lack of time, the car is absolutely incredible. I would do it again in a heartbeat and truly think this is one of the gems of the 991 generation.
Old 06-23-2018 | 03:32 PM
uhn2000
Racer

Mine locks any day now, Guards Red and I really loaded it - gonna be a super fun car to have in the stable.
Old 06-23-2018 | 03:46 PM
991.two
Racer

Any one know just how the T allocations are set up per dealer? I was lucky enough to get one of the only 2 T allocations from are dealer here in Bend Oregon just 4 weeks ago. Seems I was too late for the last 2018's so I will get the 2019 T in December of this year. That seems like a long wait to me.
Old 06-23-2018 | 07:12 PM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Thanks in advance.

Carrera T stalker...
I have had mine for less than a month. And yes I have washed it.....
It will not compare to your 987 Spyder in terms of pure driving enjoyment IF you like the sensory experience on the Spyder.
Is it a great car? Yes!
If I had to pick one and needed a daily driver it would be the T.
I have the T, 987 Spyder, and an '17 M3 with competition package. The M3 is the best daily for MY purposes. But the 911 is surely better to drive!
The Spyder is such a sweet spot for pure driving enjoyment though. Don't sell your Spyder to get a T unless you need a more civilized car for daily use.
But if you want a new car and realize you will give up some of the pure driving experience to get it, then get a T for sure. Its still probably more enjoyable as a drivers car than many other options.
Old 06-23-2018 | 07:25 PM
911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

Thanks in advance.

Carrera T stalker...
The car just keeps getting better and better - Just passed 1700 miles today - I don't drive it every day but I wish I could. The manual box is delightful, RAS makes it feel like a go-kart, and the 3.0T continues to blow me away. I don't generally get "car itch" (had my last Porsche for 17 years) - and I think this one will probably stay a long time. One thing really stands out recently though - the Carrera T is a *much* better car than my 993 in the Texas heat (now that it's warmed up here). The A/C works really well, and the Carrera T Sport-Tex interior stays comfortable even in the direct sun.
Old 06-24-2018 | 09:58 AM
Sarawnty
Instructor

Originally Posted by 911-TOUR
The car just keeps getting better and better - Just passed 1700 miles today - I don't drive it every day but I wish I could. The manual box is delightful, RAS makes it feel like a go-kart, and the 3.0T continues to blow me away. I don't generally get "car itch" (had my last Porsche for 17 years) - and I think this one will probably stay a long time. One thing really stands out recently though - the Carrera T is a *much* better car than my 993 in the Texas heat (now that it's warmed up here). The A/C works really well, and the Carrera T Sport-Tex interior stays comfortable even in the direct sun.
We feel the same about ours. Over 6,100 kms in 6 weeks of ownership. 3.0L in the T mated to a 7MT is awesome. I especially enjoy driving around with the side windows partially down. Car gets a lot of attention from both non-Porsche and Porsche folks. Something that we're not used to. The T is very rare around here.

Quick Reply: 911 T Ordering & Allocation Discussion