Old 08-27-2023, 12:27 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,108 Likes on 1,328 Posts

Old 08-27-2023, 12:38 PM
barncobob
Rennlist Member

Received 748 Likes on 460 Posts

ive got Yokes on my 17 991.2 Adven Apex,,really nice tire for DD application...hella lot cheaper than Mich.
The following users liked this post:
Big Swole (08-27-2023)
Old 08-27-2023, 02:10 PM
Mojonito
Burning Brakes

Received 502 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
Okay Okay Okay!! I have a PROBLEM!!!! SMDH.

I know I know... But, I "needed" to round out the collection and unfortunately bump the truck back outside.

This happened yesterday evening (actually been studying on a Camaro for a while now - ZL1 vs Z/28 vs 2SS 1LE). This car really is amazing for what it cost. Grip levels right in line with my Turbo S. Simply amazing.

dollar for dollar there is no car that is as fun as that. The tram lining takes some getting used to though. Mine loved to eat tires but god was it fun.
Big Swole (08-27-2023)
Old 08-27-2023, 10:39 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mojonito
dollar for dollar there is no car that is as fun as that. The tram lining takes some getting used to though. Mine loved to eat tires but god was it fun.

I agree from what I've read and the stats, for the money, it's an Amazing value. I haven't driven it much at all due to waiting on PPF install.

I hope to enjoy this one like you did yours.
Mojonito (08-27-2023)
Old 08-27-2023, 10:41 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,124 Likes on 3,121 Posts

The night drive last night. Jeff in the 987 Cayman, My better half in her Boxster S, and I took the Vette to break in the new tires...They did very well.

She got in a little hot in a sneaking corner and slid the read but did very well on the recovery (I'll post the clip shortly).

Few pics of the scenic pull off.

I think it needs to be lowered.

Just sayin'....
Old 08-27-2023, 10:51 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
I think it needs to be lowered.

Just sayin'....

These are evidently Very easy to lower.. With the leaf spring system, I hear it can be done in a short about of time by just changing the "pin" location.

However, I've always never cared for lowered vehicles...Stock ride height is my thing..Even the large fender gaps of these C5's with the stock tires... I don't mind it. I guess I'm weird....lol

I'll tell ya what though, I'm EXTREMELY impressed with how this car handles....Not just because of new and good tires... I can see why people love the cars for track cars... Very impressive for a 20 year old car with crazy high mileage..
Old 08-27-2023, 11:16 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,119 Likes on 864 Posts

3100 lbs makes a big difference......
Big Swole (08-27-2023)
Old 08-27-2023, 11:18 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
3100 lbs makes a big difference......

Yes! Very good point. I always forget how much less it weighs than the TTS or the SS for that matter.
Old 08-28-2023, 11:57 AM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,124 Likes on 3,121 Posts

These are evidently Very easy to lower.. With the leaf spring system, I hear it can be done in a short about of time by just changing the "pin" location.

However, I've always never cared for lowered vehicles...Stock ride height is my thing..Even the large fender gaps of these C5's with the stock tires... I don't mind it. I guess I'm weird....lol

I'll tell ya what though, I'm EXTREMELY impressed with how this car handles....Not just because of new and good tires... I can see why people love the cars for track cars... Very impressive for a 20 year old car with crazy high mileage..
I hear you; especially if roads are not great or lots of potholes abound.
Big Swole (08-28-2023)
Old 09-05-2023, 04:34 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Just a few pics of Sunday’s 300 mile drive to Clayton GA and back and to the wonderful “Spotted Pig BBQ” restaurant!!!

The following 2 users liked this post by Big Swole:
gbakerge (09-05-2023), RadarP3C (09-05-2023)
Old 09-07-2023, 07:23 AM
vrybad
Rennlist Member

Received 443 Likes on 335 Posts

Yes, easy.
There is a bolt at each corner that can be turned any number of rotations to lower (or raise) the car.
When I did mine I placed a mark on the bolt and a mark on the nut and counted each rotation of the bolt (you turn the bolt, not the nut) and matched the turns at each corner.
If I recall correctly 5 turns lowered the car about 5/8" to 3/4" or so and it looked like it should have come that way from the factory, much better than the 4x4 look it has at stock height.
Just an fyi if you choose to lower it a bit.
Big Swole (09-07-2023)
Old 09-07-2023, 11:24 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vrybad
Yes, easy.
There is a bolt at each corner that can be turned any number of rotations to lower (or raise) the car.
When I did mine I placed a mark on the bolt and a mark on the nut and counted each rotation of the bolt (you turn the bolt, not the nut) and matched the turns at each corner.
If I recall correctly 5 turns lowered the car about 5/8" to 3/4" or so and it looked like it should have come that way from the factory, much better than the 4x4 look it has at stock height.
Just an fyi if you choose to lower it a bit.

Well, long story short, I may not get the chance to worry much about it. Turns out the car needs a few more things than I thought it did when I bought it.
Trying to decide if I'll be keeping it or spending the money to fix things. Nothing crazy major, as it runs very well. I'm just not sure I want to spend the money on a High mile car compared to it's future value.

I'll be getting a list of everything needed from American Corvette (Shop near me) and will decide on what I'll have done or not. Or, spend it all and fix everything. We'll see soon.
Old 09-07-2023, 04:30 PM
vrybad
Rennlist Member

Received 443 Likes on 335 Posts

^ That's a shame but that's a good choice to find out if it makes financial sense rather than just dive into it.
Big Swole (09-07-2023)
Old 09-07-2023, 04:37 PM
RadarP3C
Rennlist Member

Received 346 Likes on 268 Posts

None of my business, ... But, which is more important to you; ... fun driving or getting most of your money back out of it when the time comes to sell. A lot of times you can't have both, unless it's a Porsche ( ).
Big Swole (09-07-2023)
Old 09-07-2023, 05:00 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vrybad
^ That's a shame but that's a good choice to find out if it makes financial sense rather than just dive into it.
Jury is still out on what to do but soon as I get the estimate to fix everything, I'll figure it out. No biggie either way... I have the new SS1LE as my America muscle if I do sell it and it's still in good enough shape and drives well enough, that it'll still be a great low priced performance car for someone if I do sell it.

Originally Posted by RadarP3C
None of my business, ... But, which is more important to you; ... fun driving or getting most of your money back out of it when the time comes to sell. A lot of times you can't have both, unless it's a Porsche ( ).

Yeah, Tough call... Had I found out and fixed everything prior to buying the SS1LE, I probably would just spend the money and not have bought the SS but since I didn't do my due diligence prior to buying it, I'm stuck making the choice after getting the list of things to address. I do however love the way that ZO6 drives and raw feeling.. It may be worth addressing everything and keeping it.

Realistically though, 5 is one too many for my parking / garage situation.. 4 is really all I "should" keep...lol. Truck would still have to live outside.

Quick Reply: I Stepped Up AGAIN (991.2 Turbo S)