Sponsored by: Road Spy

I Stepped Up AGAIN (991.2 Turbo S)

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2021, 03:13 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,324 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
They can have my fossil fueled vehicles when they pry them out of my cold, dead hands...

Ditto!! lol
Old 10-04-2021, 10:30 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 238 Posts

tell jeff i say hello, it's been ages.
The following users liked this post:
Big Swole (10-04-2021)
Old 10-06-2021, 03:35 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

visit my "vehs. you wished you still had thread"

https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topi...l#post17710089

Old 11-05-2021, 10:02 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

This is how I spent my day today. 2021 World Series Champs Atlanta Braves Parade (Work, not play for me)

Pb Pedis (11-08-2021)
Old 11-05-2021, 11:08 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,109 Likes on 857 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
This is how I spent my day today. 2021 World Series Champs Atlanta Braves Parade (Work, not play for me)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AicD9TKigWU

Much Respect to you and your Job.
The following 2 users liked this post by onfireTTS:
Big Swole (11-05-2021), Mercuriell (11-06-2021)
Old 11-08-2021, 01:13 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,026 Likes on 3,063 Posts

Good on ya buddy!

Mad props to your work.
Big Swole (11-08-2021)
Old 11-08-2021, 11:17 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 238 Posts

better them than the cheaters!
Big Swole (11-08-2021)
Old 11-08-2021, 11:39 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bigrpowr
better them than the cheaters!

I don't really follow regular sports much and keep hearing people refer to them as "Cheaters".
What did they do??
Old 11-10-2021, 08:15 AM
21forever
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Allegedly stealing signs from center field camera to tip off hitters on pitches. Somewhat similar to getting into the "mustard" on Tail of the Dragon.

"For years, some individuals on other teams had suspected the Astros of stealing signs, but there was no public reporting on the subject until November 2019, when reporters
Ken Rosenthal and Evan Drellich at The Athletic published an article detailing the team's activities. Mike Fiers, a pitcher who played for the Astros in 2017, told The Athletic that the organization used a video camera in the center field seats to film the opposing catcher's signals to the pitcher regarding the next pitch. Astros players or team staffers watching the live camera feed behind the dugout used various audio cues, such as banging on a trash can, to signal to the batter what type of pitch was coming next. MLB investigated the allegations and confirmed in January 2020 that the Astros illegally used a camera system to steal signs during the 2017 regular season and postseason, during which they won the World Series, as well as in part of the 2018 season. MLB found no evidence of illicit sign stealing in the 2019 season, in which the Astros advanced to the World Series, but lost in seven games to the Washington Nationals."
Big Swole (11-10-2021)
Old 12-10-2021, 12:43 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Hope everyone out there is doing well and having a great start to Dec.

I've not driven my TTS much in the last two months due to the long battle my mother had in the hospital and her unfortunate passing on Nov. 16th.
Her passing has me thinking a little differently lately. Mainly about how short life is and how spending as much time with friends and loved ones is important.
So that thought process has me thinking about how much OT I worked to afford my TTS and other vehicles. It has me thinking that, given my income level, how crazy it is for me to have so much tied up in one vehicle, along with the two others.
I love my TTS and the 991.2 was my ultimate dream car, however after paying it off finally, the total amount I have tied up in it (along with the crazy market and what it's worth now) just weighs on me.
I keep thinking about other way less expensive fun high performing cars I could own and put some serious money back in the bank and just about stop working OT. More time to drive and actually enjoy my life and vehicles / hobbies.

Anyway, maybe y'all can talk some sense into me or talk me out of thinking about selling / trading. I got numbers on a trade deal at a local dealer for a 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE (an amazingly fun performing car) where it would be paid for and they cut me a check for $83K to invest and save.

Anyway... Maybe just ignore me... Maybe my moms passing just has me all jacked up in the head for a little while. Maybe I'll realize I'd be an idiot for doing a trade or selling after some time passes.
Good thing is, I have the next 3 weeks coming up off from work to clean out my mothers house in preparation for getting it sold. Maybe I should just wait and let my emotions get back to whatever is going to be "normal" before making any moves.

Sorry for the rant..just kinda wanted a few opinions on my thoughts. There's something to be said for having some good cash in the bank going into this horrible time of inflation and hard times coming. However, I know if I sell it now, the likeliness of me buying / owning another TTS will be slim. I'd have to commit to "saving for the future / retirement" goal and stay in sensibly priced vehicles instead of exotics.
Old 12-10-2021, 12:51 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

You always have to do what is right for you, irrespective of what others say and infer.

Losing someone you are close to always has that type of emotional impact - it is hard some days as you miss them, on others, you can celebrate their lives. This is all part of finding balance as you recover from the loss and emotions attached to it. It is normal, healthy and a rational way to work through things that otherwise would be bottled up and turn into negative and potential damaging patterns of thought.

I would suggest riding out the holiday season and working on finding peace, first. If you were close to your Ma, and holidays were a thing in your family, there will be a fair amount of emotion going through this period without loved ones around. However, once the sadness abates, and the good things are what are remembered on an ongoing basis, this sadness will melt away naturally, and rational thought will come back to you - not that you are not rational, but emotion is known to skew thoughts away from what you would normally be focused on.

I'm sorry about you losing your Ma; I lost someone very close to me a while back and there were times I was questioning everything in my life, but a little patience and reasoning did not make up for the loss, but it did help getting through it.

Cheers,

Andrew
The following 4 users liked this post by 2fcknfst:
Beezupra (12-10-2021), Big Swole (12-10-2021), Pb Pedis (12-10-2021), the_buch (12-10-2021)
Old 12-10-2021, 12:55 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Good Words brother! Thank you! ^^^
Old 12-10-2021, 01:02 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Thank you Sir, it's good that I actually have the odd chance to put my education to work!

Big Swole (12-10-2021)
Old 12-10-2021, 02:09 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,806 Likes on 1,504 Posts

@Big Swole, so sorry to hear about your mom...

I don't think it's crazy at all to think about selling the 991 TTS, particularly given the current market. I do wonder a bit if a ZL1 1LE, despite its high performance level, wouldn't really make you miss the 911 every time you got in it.

Moving "down" to a really well sorted 996 Turbo (or building a perfectly sorted one yourself) *in a color you love* might be a great option... You know I'm a huge fan of them. So much so I bought a second... And I know you've been down the 996 Turbo road before, but with a car that you never really bonded with, wasn't the right color, perhaps wasn't set up perfectly, etc., but I'll say that going back all the way to that, not a 997 Turbo, not Camaro, etc. might really be a 911 you can love and enjoy without a seconds worth of guilt about over-investing in cars...

Honestly, as much as I love my 991 TTS, for a weekend blast in the mountains, either of my well sorted 996 Turbos *easily* put as big of a smile on my face as the 991 Turbo. More fun on many roads... When set up right, they are more visceral cars. More connected, more steering feel, manual gearbox and clutch, no active suspension, no active motor mounts, no active roll bars, no electric steering... A real drivers car (again, when set up right). And still ~520+ HP with nothing more than a tune and an exhaust! Also an appreciating asset that you don't have to feel one tiny bit bad about having money tied up in! $50-55K for a really nice 996 Turbo, another $8-10K in the budget for suspension/wheels/exhaust/tune and a handful of other tweaks, and you will be kicking pretty much every cars *** on tail of the dragon. Not going to be nearly as quick in the quarter, but thats almost entirely due to the manual vs. PDK with launch control. If you want a 1/4 mile monster, get a 996 Turbo in Tiptronic for far less, but that gives up the fantastic manual driving experience...

Just some car thoughts from your 911 Turbo loving pal!

Leaving these here just for some additional 996 Turbo stimulus! Just a casual drive up a local mountain pass...

Last edited by pfbz; 12-10-2021 at 02:28 PM.
Big Swole (12-11-2021)
Old 12-10-2021, 02:15 PM
2018911TTS
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 139 Posts

I am really sorry about your loss. This is a tough time of the year to lose someone too with the holiday season and all. I lost my father just a few years ago and there are still times I get pretty melancholy but others where I rejoice in the good times we had. The 4 stages of grief are something we have to go through and this is normal. However, this isn't probably the best time to make big decisions. Right now the car market is wrong so your automotive assets are probably doing better than cash in the bank. So I don't think you should place any urgency on making those types of decisions.

It's nice to meet another workaholic. There are of course pluses and minuses with being that way but nobody can ever call you lazy and you have worked hard for what you have so give yourself credit for that. Not everyone is capable of that. It's a gift and a curse but like everything in life there are trade offs.

Wishing you the very best and once again my condolences.
Big Swole (12-11-2021)

Quick Reply: I Stepped Up AGAIN (991.2 Turbo S)