Sponsored by: Road Spy

Gixxer's Turbo RS build

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 08:47 PM
Gixxerboy63
Racer

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
Nice. How was he fitment with the Wicked bumper? I've heard horror stories about them but perhaps they were over critical or cleaned up their quality control.
The Decklid cover is a custom piece from *Wicked; It looks fantastic and fits perfectly!

The GT3 bumper is OEM
The RS fenders are OEM
The decklid is OEM
😉
Old 02-24-2020, 08:30 AM
Felton 991
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gixxerboy63
Getting there....
Correct OEM fenders finally arrived and are now being fitted. Decklid cover specifically made for Turbo from Wicked Porsche looks like a work of art with “Porsche” stamped in it.... still have to cut center opening in decklid so that everything lines up with the cover and the new Eventuri intake.

It looks so good now with the fenders on....where did you buy the new fenders from?
One friend of mine have also 991 turbo and asked about the fitment issue on GT3 RS trunk spoiler, did you do any modifications....and what parts did you buy to fit the new one?

Old 02-24-2020, 10:18 AM
Gixxerboy63
Racer

Originally Posted by Felton 991
It looks so good now with the fenders on....where did you buy the new fenders from?
One friend of mine have also 991 turbo and asked about the fitment issue on GT3 RS trunk spoiler, did you do any modifications....and what parts did you buy to fit the new one?
Thank you!
Fenders were sourced from Germany though Tuning Options in Switzerland.
The decklid requires a different latch plate assembly that replaces the active aero plate... otherwise, it is a direct fit that replaces the both the small lid and the active aero. I’m also having to modify the the decklid panel by making a cutout for the center air intake.
Old 02-24-2020, 08:26 PM
Felton 991
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you!
Fenders were sourced from Germany though Tuning Options in Switzerland.
The decklid requires a different latch plate assembly that replaces the active aero plate... otherwise, it is a direct fit that replaces the both the small lid and the active aero. I’m also having to modify the the decklid panel by making a cutout for the center air intake.
That’s nice!
You have done great job, I love your built...when it’s going to finish? Are you planning anything more?
Old 02-25-2020, 01:24 AM
Gixxerboy63
Racer

Originally Posted by Felton 991
That’s nice!
You have done great job, I love your built...when it’s going to finish? Are you planning anything more?
Thank you!

Anything that requires painting is here and ready to go, so just getting everything properly fitted and then off to the paint shop we go! I’m hoping (maybe?) a few weeks and we should be able to wrap up the exterior RS conversion pieces.

However, I’m always looking for the next thing... been eyeballing carbon back seats and other alcantera / carbon interior bits.

Also thinking about a different exhaust (Kline Inconel?) and a tune...

Maybe another set of wheels?
🤔
The following users liked this post:
Steven31371 (03-12-2020)
Old 03-12-2020, 01:54 AM
Steven31371
Pro

Received 301 Likes on 192 Posts

Thank you!

Anything that requires painting is here and ready to go, so just getting everything properly fitted and then off to the paint shop we go! I’m hoping (maybe?) a few weeks and we should be able to wrap up the exterior RS conversion pieces.

However, I’m always looking for the next thing... been eyeballing carbon back seats and other alcantera / carbon interior bits.

Also thinking about a different exhaust (Kline Inconel?) and a tune...

Maybe another set of wheels?
🤔
this is really cool...found a shop here in SoCal that has done several of these conversions...called LNC Collision and Customization in Laguna Niguel...quoted me about a month of work and $17k to do front fascia, fenders, and side skirts....

the $17k sounds great but man oh man being without my baby for a month....that’s hard lol

Old 03-12-2020, 09:58 AM
Gixxerboy63
Racer

Originally Posted by Steven31371
this is really cool...found a shop here in SoCal that has done several of these conversions...called LNC Collision and Customization in Laguna Niguel...quoted me about a month of work and $17k to do front fascia, fenders, and side skirts....

the $17k sounds great but man oh man being without my baby for a month....that’s hard lol
LNC is what got me started on this rabbit trail! 😂
$17k isn’t bad, but what about the rear wing?

I have at least $20k in body parts so far, including the GT bumper, RS fenders, RS decklid, RS wing and ancillary parts... ducts, vents, lines, grills, fender liners, RS side marker lights, etc.... does not include fitting & painting.

My car has been in the shop since early December... (3 months in now) so a month from start to finish would be a cake walk for me at this point. I could have cut my time down, but waiting on parts as the build evolved from just a front bumper change to an entire RS conversion has been my issue. It would have also been done by now if the first set of fenders would have worked out.... the fender fiasco took over a month to sort out.
😐

Another reference, Wicked Porsche just did an amazing GT2 RS conversion on a Turbo S at a cost of $80k!
😳

I don’t have their resources, but I’m feeling really good about the cost management of my project!

In the end, I think mine will be pretty bad *** too!
Steven31371 (03-12-2020)
Old 03-12-2020, 01:52 PM
Steven31371
Pro

Received 301 Likes on 192 Posts

LNC is what got me started on this rabbit trail! 😂
$17k isn’t bad, but what about the rear wing?

I have at least $20k in body parts so far, including the GT bumper, RS fenders, RS decklid, RS wing and ancillary parts... ducts, vents, lines, grills, fender liners, RS side marker lights, etc.... does not include fitting & painting.

My car has been in the shop since early December... (3 months in now) so a month from start to finish would be a cake walk for me at this point. I could have cut my time down, but waiting on parts as the build evolved from just a front bumper change to an entire RS conversion has been my issue. It would have also been done by now if the first set of fenders would have worked out.... the fender fiasco took over a month to sort out.
😐

Another reference, Wicked Porsche just did an amazing GT2 RS conversion on a Turbo S at a cost of $80k!
😳

I don’t have their resources, but I’m feeling really good about the cost management of my project!

In the end, I think mine will be pretty bad *** too!
it will be for sure 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

it’s funny, in the debate about whether these cars are SuperCars or not it’s pretty clear that if the GT3 RS had the all wheel drive and power of a tuned TTS it would be an undebated supercar...or if the TTS had the looks of the GT3 RS same thing lol

but then you have the GT2 RS or the 911R for MUCH more money

in my case living in SoCal I want a convertible GT2 RS with a backseat for my 7 year old hahaha

we are building Frankenstein cars to suit our needs lol

i think ima try just putting some upgraded aero bits, fat wheels, and a extra sexy wrap on mine to see if it satisfies me visually before losing the car to the mod shop for 6 to 8 weeks lol

wish me luck...cause I too REALLY like that RS front end lol

#YourMyHero haha
Old 03-19-2020, 09:50 AM
Gixxerboy63
Racer

Small Progress;
Kline Inconel coming soon!
New diffuser here!
Cobb Access port here!
GT3 RS Wing finally fitted!
Old 03-19-2020, 10:02 AM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,478 Likes on 793 Posts

I see you are selling your knockoff rs fenders. How was the quality compared to the oem fenders?
Old 03-19-2020, 10:41 AM
Gixxerboy63
Racer

I see you are selling your knockoff rs fenders. How was the quality compared to the oem fenders?
The Carbon fiber on the underside of the OEM fenders have a nice weave and a smooth finish, headlight tray is has a nice smooth matte carbon fiber look to it
The Replica fenders look decent on the outside and feature really nice Glossy Carbon Fiber vents that protrude a little farther out, but the finish and weave on the inside looks rough and a bit sloppy.

*Not sure if the inside finish would even matter to some because you would never see the inside of the fenders once the headlights go in and the fender liners are in place!

(I would have liked to be able to keep the carbon vents and put them on the OEM fenders, but they were hot glued in place on the replica fenders)
Old 03-19-2020, 10:53 AM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,478 Likes on 793 Posts

The Carbon fiber on the underside of the OEM fenders have a nice weave and a smooth finish, headlight tray is has a nice smooth matte carbon fiber look to it
The Replica fenders look decent on the outside and feature really nice Glossy Carbon Fiber vents that protrude a little farther out, but the finish and weave on the inside looks rough and a bit sloppy.

*Not sure if the inside finish would even matter to some because you would never see the inside of the fenders once the headlights go in and the fender liners are in place!

(I would have liked to be able to keep the carbon vents and put them on the OEM fenders, but they were hot glued in place on the replica fenders)
I bet those oem fenders were mega $$$$$
Old 03-19-2020, 02:39 PM
Gixxerboy63
Racer

I bet those oem fenders were mega $$$$$
They weren’t cheap, but they are Porsche!
Old 03-19-2020, 02:45 PM
Gixxerboy63
Racer

*Spoiler alert!

Steven31371 (03-19-2020)
Old 03-24-2020, 07:01 AM
SocalTouring
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 33 Posts

Looking forward to seeing the gt3 and rs wheel combo fitted with tires. Are you going 255/325?

Quick Reply: Gixxer's Turbo RS build