Sponsored by: Road Spy

Gixxer's Turbo RS build

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 12:49 AM
Felton 991
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gixxerboy63
Wing parts are arriving and being test fitted.

Love your build...I have an 991 4S and I was looking too for gt3 rs kit, did you manage to fit the wing completely? And what about the fenders? Will you put the GT3 ones?
Old 01-26-2020, 04:23 PM
Gixxerboy63
Racer

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Felton 991
Love your build...I have an 991 4S and I was looking too for gt3 rs kit, did you manage to fit the wing completely? And what about the fenders? Will you put the GT3 ones?
Thank you!
The remaining wing parts are on their way. Everything except the cover that sts on the decklid is OEM Porsche.. This piece had to be custom crafted to match the turbo vents... I thought it turned out looking pretty awesome and very OEM like. Here it is untouched and unpainted...

I am still trying to source OEM RS fenders for my build.
Old 01-26-2020, 05:00 PM
Felton 991
7th Gear

Thank you!
The remaining wing parts are on their way. Everything except the cover that sts on the decklid is OEM Porsche.. This piece had to be custom crafted to match the turbo vents... I thought it turned out looking pretty awesome and very OEM like. Here it is untouched and unpainted...

I am still trying to source OEM RS fenders for my build.

how much did you get the wing set for? I had looked for a set of fenders also on eBay and it was used about 8-9k which is not that bad, cause I had request for price on Porsche Center in Paris and they told me 16,5k.
Old 01-26-2020, 06:04 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 174 Likes on 104 Posts

Thank you!

Looks great and solves a nasty issue with the reversed intakes on GT2/3RS vs. the turbo. They should commercialize them.
Old 01-26-2020, 09:49 PM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 431 Likes on 281 Posts

Watching this is like waiting for the next season of a show you want to watch.

Can’t wait until the final product.
The following users liked this post:
GoGators (03-29-2020)
Old 01-29-2020, 09:48 PM
Gixxerboy63
Racer

how much did you get the wing set for? I had looked for a set of fenders also on eBay and it was used about 8-9k which is not that bad, cause I had request for price on Porsche Center in Paris and they told me 16,5k.
The wing is from Wicked.
I already had one of the major Carbon fiber pieces, so Beau was able to soften the price a bit for me.
Still expensive, but totally worth it IMO.

Originally Posted by neil.schneider
Watching this is like waiting for the next season of a show you want to watch.
Can’t wait until the final product.
So true!
Sometimes, I wish I had a my own personal Jeanie that could blink her eyes and make things happen instantly!
...But good things will be worth the wait.
Old 01-31-2020, 12:47 PM
Felton 991
7th Gear

[QUOTE=Gixxerboy63;16386634]The wing is from Wicked.
I already had one of the major Carbon fiber pieces, so Beau was able to soften the price a bit for me.
Still expensive, but totally worth it IMO.

that’s very nice, I have seen this kit around 11k$ From wicked. That’s much and yeah worth it for sure, but in Europe, there are many good deals for Porsche parts...I have a friend from Germany which bought the GT3 rs kit for 8k from a Swiss company. His car is looking lit after the upgrade.
Old 01-31-2020, 01:55 PM
Gixxerboy63
Racer

that’s very nice, I have seen this kit around 11k$ From wicked. That’s much and yeah worth it for sure, but in Europe, there are many good deals for Porsche parts...I have a friend from Germany which bought the GT3 rs kit for 8k from a Swiss company. His car is looking lit after the upgrade.
I also bought a set of fenders from the Swiss company... unfortunately those were not OEM, so naturally, I wasn’t pleased with the quality. I’m not building a kit car or a track car, so OEM fit and finish is more important to me than the lowest price. I have now sucked it up and ordered OEM fenders for my car.

(BTW I am selling the replica GT3 RS fenders if anyone is interested - inexpensive and lightweight - perfect for a track car). A good Bodyshop should be able to make these look great with some prep work)

Old 01-31-2020, 02:25 PM
Felton 991
7th Gear

I also bought a set of fenders from the Swiss company... unfortunately those were not OEM, so naturally, I wasn’t pleased with the quality. I’m not building a kit car or a track car, so OEM fit and finish is more important to me than the lowest price. I have now sucked it up and ordered OEM fenders for my car.

(BTW I am selling the replica GT3 RS fenders if anyone is interested - inexpensive and lightweight - perfect for a track car). A good Bodyshop should be able to make these look great with some prep work)

Tuning Options?? I think, this is the swiss company from which my friend bought the GT3 rs trunk...this pair looks very good and the carbon vents though....is it leightweight like oem? Brand new? What’s the difference from the oem ones? And How much do you sell that for?
Old 01-31-2020, 03:11 PM
Gixxerboy63
Racer

Tuning Options?? I think, this is the swiss company from which my friend bought the GT3 rs trunk...this pair looks very good and the carbon vents though....is it leightweight like oem? Brand new? What’s the difference from the oem ones? And How much do you sell that for?
Yes. Tuning options. OEM is full carbon fiber. These from Tuning Options are as well, but they are replica fenders. These would require more prep work to get them to look as nice as OEM.

The OEM fenders list for $11k each, these replicas sell for $5500 (for the pair).

I am asking $4500 for this set.
Old 01-31-2020, 10:54 PM
Felton 991
7th Gear

Yes. Tuning options. OEM is full carbon fiber. These from Tuning Options are as well, but they are replica fenders. These would require more prep work to get them to look as nice as OEM.

The OEM fenders list for $11k each, these replicas sell for $5500 (for the pair).

I am asking $4500 for this set.
All the fender is carbon fiber?? Is it dry or wet?
that’s very good deal...maybe I’m gonna buy this pair in my next check though
Old 02-01-2020, 02:14 AM
Redlinerobert
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 119 Posts

Incredible build. And here I was stressing over wheels and springs. lol.

Looking forward to your finished car.
Old 02-01-2020, 10:15 AM
Gixxerboy63
Racer

Originally Posted by Redlinerobert
Incredible build. And here I was stressing over wheels and springs. lol.

Looking forward to your finished car.
Thank you... Yes, I am stressing out about the entire car and I want to get I RIGHT! Unfortunately RIGHT takes time and money 😐
I believe it will be worth the wait.

All the fender is carbon fiber?? Is it dry or wet?
that’s very good deal...maybe I’m gonna buy this pair in my next check though
I believe the fenders I am selling are made up of wet process carbon fiber, however tuning options is telling me that they are Dry carbon...​​​​​​​ Feel free to shoot me an IM or Message me on IG (username: Gixxerboyf83) if you like.

Last edited by Gixxerboy63; 02-01-2020 at 11:30 AM.
The following users liked this post:
tourenwagen (09-20-2022)
Old 02-23-2020, 07:18 PM
Gixxerboy63
Racer

Getting there....
Correct OEM fenders finally arrived and are now being fitted. Decklid cover specifically made for Turbo from Wicked Porsche looks like a work of art with “Porsche” stamped in it.... still have to cut center opening in decklid so that everything lines up with the cover and the new Eventuri intake.

Old 02-23-2020, 07:29 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,497 Likes on 803 Posts

Nice. How was he fitment with the Wicked bumper? I've heard horror stories about them but perhaps they were over critical or cleaned up their quality control.

Quick Reply: Gixxer's Turbo RS build